Author Topic: Duct Tape  (Read 4475 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Duct Tape
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »
On 2005-10-06 01:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What's getting lost in the sauce here is that WWASPS trains kids to control other kids, which is abuse, in and of itself.

The hunted becomes the hunter."

Or should I say, the preyed upon become the predator (parents who profit from referring/recruting new inductees).

:smokin:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Duct Tape
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »

"What's getting lost in the sauce here is that WWASPS trains kids to control other kids, which is abuse, in and of itself.

Not true, that's all.  :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Duct Tape
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2005, 10:51:00 AM »
On 2005-10-06 07:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Not true, that's all.  :wave: "

Of course it's true. Kids who progress in the program and become upper level work as unpaid "Junior Staff". As Junior Staff, they have the power to discipline lower level prisoners, and they often take out their frustraion and anger over what was done to them on the lower level kids. Upper levels kids are free to consequence lower level kids in any way they choose, and can very well make those kids' lives a living hell if they want to.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Duct Tape
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 11:36:00 AM »
Yeah of course its true. I remember some of those fucking pansie 15 year old junior staff who thought they ruled the world. The fucking goody two shoes who ended up there usually would make jr staff pretty fast, their a bunch of fucking twinks is why. At least some of them. I was older than most of them,m and bigger and dared them to fuck with me. I had nothing to lose I would of beat the shit out of them and they knew it. The good thing about being older than the other kids is you know you can get out and not have to do shit. Jr. staff is just more mind games, and turns the kid into a sadistic abuser sometimes just like staff are. Even though a lot were cool and just getting through the program-- the anal ones who took their anger out on younger kids with taking points and shit was totally un called for. I think the word I am looking for is... TOOL. They were tools of an abusive and corrupt system. I can give em shit becaue I stayed on the lower levels for my entire stay until I took my exit plan. No way I was sucking cock to be a jr. staff -- fuck those fags.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Duct Tape
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »
"Of course it's true. Kids who progress in the program and become upper level work as unpaid "Junior Staff". As Junior Staff, they have the power to discipline lower level prisoners, and they often take out their frustraion and anger over what was done to them on the lower level kids. Upper levels kids are free to consequence lower level kids in any way they choose, and can very well make those kids' lives a living hell if they want to."

Free to consequence in any way they choose? Be honest here; they can refer only consequences CAT 1 and 2, and the result is just a loss of points. I guess that's what "living hell" consists of for you, but it's a little over the top for the rest of the world. And remember, there are always staff there, so it's not like there's some epidemic of junior staff coming up with imaginary violations. And how do you become junior staff? The other students vote to support you or not.

Share about your unsuccessful time at a program if you must, but try to be honest about those who do choose to succeed.

Offline providence

• View Profile
Duct Tape
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »
That's a good point.

So what were CAT 1 and 2? And what were points?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Duct Tape
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005, 04:35:00 PM »
On 2005-10-06 12:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

""Of course it's true. Kids who progress in the program and become upper level work as unpaid "Junior Staff". As Junior Staff, they have the power to discipline lower level prisoners, and they often take out their frustraion and anger over what was done to them on the lower level kids. Upper levels kids are free to consequence lower level kids in any way they choose, and can very well make those kids' lives a living hell if they want to."

Free to consequence in any way they choose? Be honest here; they can refer only consequences CAT 1 and 2, and the result is just a loss of points. I guess that's what "living hell" consists of for you, but it's a little over the top for the rest of the world. And remember, there are always staff there, so it's not like there's some epidemic of junior staff coming up with imaginary violations. And how do you become junior staff? The other students vote to support you or not.

Share about your unsuccessful time at a program if you must, but try to be honest about those who do choose to succeed. "

You must be a program parent. Anyone who was there knows just how much power the Junior Staffers have. You spew the official party line, and you expect us to eat it up just like you did, and still do. Ain't gonna happen.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Duct Tape
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2005, 04:41:00 PM »
On 2005-10-06 12:48:00, providence wrote:

"That's a good point.

So what were CAT 1 and 2? And what were points? "

You can read about the "consequences" in the parents manuals here:

http://home.triad.rr.com/wwasp/

Take into consideration, though, that everything in these manuals was designed to get the parents to keep their child in the program. The consequences given to the prisoners are often more severe than what is written in that table. Cat-3, Cat-4, and Cat-5 offenses get you to OP; that's where you lie on your face for weeks. Cat-1 and Cat-2 often get you to worksheets-- I've heard of kids who spent weeks there, too. Staff will often make up new offenses and unofficial rules-- like, looking out the window being considered "run plans", and therefor, a Cat-5.

The staff that works at WWASP's gulags-- and WWASP/S itself-- are accountable to no one. They have total control over these kids. The kids also have no way of telling their families about what's happening, because WWASPS severaly restircts the communication between the families and the prisoners (no visits until the kid is "well baked", no phone calls until Level 3), and convinced the parents that any criticism of the program is "manipulation". Not to mention the Lifespring seminars, which are the core of the WWASPS cult, and which turn the parents against their kids for good.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Duct Tape
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2005, 06:55:00 PM »
Those seminars...I don't know what I'd do if I met the person who created those. I'll never get my parents back from those...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Duct Tape
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2005, 08:16:00 PM »

"That's a good point.

CAT means Category. Category 1 and 2--things like swearing, being rude, etc. More serious consequences--the ones only staff can give--would be things like hitting someone, cheating in school, etc. There's also a grievance process, in which kids can explain their side and get consequences reduced or taken away.

Points are accumulated to mark a kid's progress. They get points for school every day, points for keeping their area clean, doing stuff to help other students. Eventually, they have enough to "vote up" to the next level. They go to a meeting with all the other kids, stand up and say why they think they should move up a level, and anyone who doesn't agree has to stand up and explain their reasons.

Some programs start kids with 0 points, some give them some to start off, so they have something to work with. It's pretty straightforward: did you gain or lose points today? What worked? What didn't? (Pardon the program speak here; I think it expresses the thing nicely).

Each level you get more privileges, but the real jump is from 3 to 4, where the look of the whole thing changes. For Level 4's it's really more like a regular boarding school: Trips on weekends, movies, make-up, music, dances, activities. They also have more responsibility, and they expect those kids to mentor and coach  (NOT control) the lower-level kids. In the real world, they call that peer tutoring. Here on Fornits, it's called mind control.   :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Duct Tape
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2005, 08:30:00 PM »
On 2005-10-06 15:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Those seminars...I don't know what I'd do if I met the person who created those. I'll never get my parents back from those..."

David Gilcrease

http://www.resourcerealizations.com/

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Duct Tape
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »
On 2005-10-06 17:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"That's a good point.

CAT means Category. Category 1 and 2--things like swearing, being rude, etc. More serious consequences--the ones only staff can give--would be things like hitting someone, cheating in school, etc. There's also a grievance process, in which kids can explain their side and get consequences reduced or taken away.

Points are accumulated to mark a kid's progress. They get points for school every day, points for keeping their area clean, doing stuff to help other students. Eventually, they have enough to "vote up" to the next level. They go to a meeting with all the other kids, stand up and say why they think they should move up a level, and anyone who doesn't agree has to stand up and explain their reasons.

Some programs start kids with 0 points, some give them some to start off, so they have something to work with. It's pretty straightforward: did you gain or lose points today? What worked? What didn't? (Pardon the program speak here; I think it expresses the thing nicely).

Each level you get more privileges, but the real jump is from 3 to 4, where the look of the whole thing changes. For Level 4's it's really more like a regular boarding school: Trips on weekends, movies, make-up, music, dances, activities. They also have more responsibility, and they expect those kids to mentor and coach  (NOT control) the lower-level kids. In the real world, they call that peer tutoring. Here on Fornits, it's called mind control.   :roll: "

You are completely insane. You spell it out just like the program does to parents, as if it's just step 1, 2, 3, and wala your teen is fixed. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the reality is absolutely nothing like you describe. It's obvious you are a program parent, desperate to convince yourself you made the right choice. Guess what? You didn't.

Offline Bola

• View Profile
Duct Tape
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »
so i just wanna say in my defense, that i never said these kids DESERVED ABUSE! all im saying is dont go to someone else's country and talk shit to someone 3 times your size. by the way, brian vaifanua is samoan.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Duct Tape
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2005, 12:50:00 AM »
"You are completely insane. You spell it out just like the program does to parents, as if it's just step 1, 2, 3, and wala your teen is fixed. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the reality is absolutely nothing like you describe. It's obvious you are a program parent, desperate to convince yourself you made the right choice. Guess what? You didn't."

I guess as long as you're on your computer saying silly things like this, you aren't out there in the real world making inaccurate diagnoses of insanity or trying to be clairvoyant in the flesh, so rattle on . . .  :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Duct Tape
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2005, 01:26:00 AM »
how about all of us who went there, instead of bickering amongst each other like 14 year old little girls, come together and spread the word.  this place is fucked up...my home program, paradise cove is closed...but there are still other programs out there that are run by brian...and other assholes of the same caliber.  by the way brian in not samoan....hes from the states...just because his heritige is from there does not make him samoan.