Author Topic: Good program experiences!  (Read 25636 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Good program experiences!
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »
Women training for the olympics or actively involved in sporting activities such as runners or other strenous sports also have missed periods often. It doesnt necessarily have to do with malnutrition from a program but could be caused from stress from not being at home, etc. Not necessarily from abuse but just from being in a different environment. Its possible the extra physical activity the girls arent used to could also be causing missed periods. Blaming that solely on abuse or malnutrition is slightly narrow minded.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2005, 10:25:00 PM »
TSW--- I dont think I'll ask the cause of the "swelling" you mentioned :exclaim:   :exclaim:
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2005, 11:11:00 PM »
***Women training for the olympics or actively involved in sporting activities such as runners or other strenous sports also have missed periods often. It doesnt necessarily have to do with malnutrition from a program but could be caused from stress from not being at home, etc. Not necessarily from abuse but just from being in a different environment. Its possible the extra physical activity the girls arent used to could also be causing missed periods. Blaming that solely on abuse or malnutrition is slightly narrow minded.***

Is the troll being intentionally deceptive... or genuinely ignorant? You decide.

Stress of being away from home in a 'different' environment?  :lol:
'Extra' physical activity.  :lol:

I once read a study about Tigers in captivity. The females ovulated more frequently (more periods) which was analyzed to be a response to their captivity. The tigers perceived it as a threat. Fight or flight. An urgent need to reproduce asap.

Excessive physical activity could produce more testosterone therefore, have an effect.
Stress causes adrenals to produce testosterone as well as the expected adrenaline.

But I suspect it had everything to do with stress, sleep deprivation, 'excessive' physical activity and bad nutrition.

I've never heard of kids in traditional boarding schools or college missing periods due to being away from home.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2005, 11:59:00 PM »
On 2005-08-13 19:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

Women training for the olympics or actively involved in sporting activities such as runners or other strenous sports also have missed periods often. It doesnt necessarily have to do with malnutrition from a program but could be caused from stress from not being at home, etc.

Women who travel as tourists or dignitaries don't have this complaint. Women under stress of major life threatening illness or famine almost always do. I read all about that when my 19 - 21yo daughter was undergoing half a dozen major surguries. She never shut down her reproductive systems for as long as most girls that I remember did while undergoing daily high doses of psyche surgery.

Don't underestimate the power of humiliation! I deeply suspect that most yuppies do just that. You think you have no impact on your kids because your efforts are not effecting the result you desire. And so you resort to ever more desperate tantrums. But you have more impact on your kids than you want to have. They don't miss a trick. Just put down the phone, the book, turn off Dr. Phil and just look at your baby w/ your own eyes, no one standing between you as interpreter. Every little tick and quirk effects them profoundly.

Don't believe anyone selling a bill of goods built upon getting around that hard rule of natural order. It's a lie.

If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.
Anonymity Anonymous
return undef() if /coercion/i;
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2005, 09:30:00 AM »
Deborah the facts stated are known medical issues. That was not an ignorant statement. The women training for olympic sports often have their periods stop or missed for several months at a time but the cause is under debate. Some say its the extra strenuous activity that produces more testosterone in females (yes women have it too). Others say in some cases it could be females taking steroids. It was insinuated in the previous post that the reason the girls missed periods was due to malnutrition or abuse. This is misleading as it is common for women undergoing a change in their normal activities to have a change in their cycles or from the stress of being away from home in a different environment. You cannot include girls in boarding schools because in most cases the girls want to go to those schools and it is not as stressful as being sent to a therapeutic environment that they did not want to attend. It is also common for women going through a personal trauma such as a death in the family or divorce to miss periods. See the following cut and paste from WebMd website:

"Most women have between 11 and 13 menstrual periods each year. You may be different: You may have more or fewer. Missed or irregular periods must be looked at in terms of what is normal for you.

Missed or irregular periods have many causes. Pregnancy is usually the first cause to be considered, but other common causes are:

Lifestyle changes. Examples include:
Excessive weight loss or gain.
Increased exercise (missed periods are common in endurance athletes).
Extreme emotional stress.
Travel.
Medications, such as hormonal birth control methods, which may cause lighter, less frequent, more frequent, or skipped periods.
Eating disorders, such as anorexia or bulimia.
Menopause and the 2 to 5 years just prior to menopause (perimenopause).
The start of menstrual periods (menarche). For the first few years of menstruation, periods may be irregular.
Hormonal abnormalities  , which cause fluctuating levels of the hormones needed to support menstruation.
Medications other than birth control pills, such as steroids, tranquilizers, diet pills, or recreational drugs.
Problems with the pelvic organs, such as imperforate hymen or polycystic ovary syndrome.
Breast-feeding.
Inflammatory bowel disease."

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »
On 2005-08-14 09:15:00, Three Springs Waygookin wrote:

"I injured my groin when I was using a chainsaw at work. The damn thing was so inflamed it made my nut swell up.

Gimchee, or Kimchee is fermented cabbage the cure for all things in Korea. The Koreans believe they were saved from SARS by Kimchee.

There lives more faith, in honest doubt,
Believe me, than in half the creeds.
http://www.tatteredcover.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?s=showproduct&affiliateId=000095&isbn=0753816571' target='_new'>Alfred Lord Tennyson

"

Sorry to hear about your testicle, TSW.  That's unfortunate.

I actually like kimchee.  It seems as though if you take a few nasty ingredients, like cabbage, fish, hot peppers and vinegar, and bury them in a clay pot for a few months, the whole becomes greater than the sum of it's parts.

Now, if I could just find a clay pot big enough to bury a few Struggling Trolls...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Shortbus

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »
Chain saw, groin. We talkin strained muscle not some weird kickback?

The period thing....
If your body fat goes too low, you might cease to menstruate. Someone help out here, I cant remember the term for it.

Lean machines include athletes, anorexics and some bulemics.

And stress will do it too, some peoples digestion will get all messed up. Some womens reproductive system gets messed up.

And revisiting the toxic shock issue. Wasnt toxic shock brought to the public attention with some of the tampons that were "larger volume" and women were wearing them for longer periods of time? Hence toxic shock occurances?
ts never too late to procrastinate

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2005, 07:48:00 PM »
On 2005-08-14 09:15:00, Three Springs Waygookin wrote:

"I injured my groin when I was using a chainsaw at work. The damn thing was so inflamed it made my nut swell up.

Gimchee, or Kimchee is fermented cabbage the cure for all things in Korea. The Koreans believe they were saved from SARS by Kimchee.

There lives more faith, in honest doubt,
Believe me, than in half the creeds.
http://www.tatteredcover.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?s=showproduct&affiliateId=000095&isbn=0753816571' target='_new'>Alfred Lord Tennyson

"

TSW - they also believe in 'fan death'  :lol:
I cant sleep without a fan blowing on me, I get hot easy as hell and I need to white noise.

Is uniformity [of opinion] attainable? Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites.
http://lfb.com/?stocknumber=FF7485&code=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Shortbus

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2005, 08:48:00 AM »
Chain saw accidents arent funny, unless no one gets hurt. Then they are pretty damn funny. I heard about this one second hand, a guy from a fire crew had his saw shouldered with his chaps around the bar. Hiking up a rocky wet trail, he slipped and fell. Unfortunately a couple fingers came in contact with the little bit of chain that not covered by the chaps. Damn near cut one of his fingers off. Crew had to stop, clear a spot for a helicopter to land and they medivaced him out. He kept his finger.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »
"butthole doctor"????  ::rainbow::
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2005, 06:16:00 AM »
undergoing daily high doses of psyche surgery

???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2005, 09:04:00 AM »
On 2005-08-14 06:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Deborah the facts stated are known medical issues. That was not an ignorant statement. The women training for olympic sports often have their periods stop or missed for several months at a time but the cause is under debate. Some say its the extra strenuous activity that produces more testosterone in females (yes women have it too). Others say in some cases it could be females taking steroids. It was insinuated in the previous post that the reason the girls missed periods was due to malnutrition or abuse. This is misleading as it is common for women undergoing a change in their normal activities to have a change in their cycles or from the stress of being away from home in a different environment. You cannot include girls in boarding schools because in most cases the girls want to go to those schools and it is not as stressful as being sent to a therapeutic environment that they did not want to attend. It is also common for women going through a personal trauma such as a death in the family or divorce to miss periods. See the following cut and paste from WebMd website:

"Most women have between 11 and 13 menstrual periods each year. You may be different: You may have more or fewer. Missed or irregular periods must be looked at in terms of what is normal for you.

Missed or irregular periods have many causes. Pregnancy is usually the first cause to be considered, but other common causes are:

Lifestyle changes. Examples include:

Excessive weight loss or gain.

Increased exercise (missed periods are common in endurance athletes).

Extreme emotional stress.

Travel.

Medications, such as hormonal birth control methods, which may cause lighter, less frequent, more frequent, or skipped periods.

Eating disorders, such as anorexia or bulimia.

Menopause and the 2 to 5 years just prior to menopause (perimenopause).

The start of menstrual periods (menarche). For the first few years of menstruation, periods may be irregular.

Hormonal abnormalities  , which cause fluctuating levels of the hormones needed to support menstruation.

Medications other than birth control pills, such as steroids, tranquilizers, diet pills, or recreational drugs.

Problems with the pelvic organs, such as imperforate hymen or polycystic ovary syndrome.

Breast-feeding.

Inflammatory bowel disease."

"

Missed periods, huh?  Here's one BIG fact you have missed.  When 2 or more menstruating females live in close proximity for any period of time, more often than not, their menstrual activity coincides. Saw in in the dorm in college, saw in roommate houses, see it every month at my brother's house with his wife and daugters. If such togetherness can so strongly influence this bio-cycle, it's entirely possible that the opposite effect can be created.  

Heck, keeping girls in such a state by whatever means so that natural functions DO NOT benefits the overall control of all group members.

Offline Shortbus

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »
I dont understand what youre trying to say. :???:

If you throw a bunch of women together eventually their periods would coincide because most everyone has a different length cycle. Some women 19 days, some 24, some 32. If you took a calendar and drew menstrual cycles as sine waves, theyd eventually all line up.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2005, 09:45:00 AM »
Chain saws and periods in the same topic.... wow... glad I missed this one.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2005, 11:30:00 AM »
On 2005-08-16 06:37:00, Shortbus wrote:

"I dont understand what youre trying to say. :???:

If you throw a bunch of women together eventually their periods would coincide because most everyone has a different length cycle. Some women 19 days, some 24, some 32. If you took a calendar and drew menstrual cycles as sine waves, theyd eventually all line up. "

Yeah, once and then again at some point. But there's more to it. If you pack a bunch of women together constantly as in a program, where you sleep, eat, shit and exist constantly asshole to elbow, almost all 100 or 200 or however many of them will synchronize their cycles.

I remember myself and a lot of other girls missing at least a few periods in Straight. And I've heard that the same thing often happens in other programs. Look into amenorrhea and it's known causes. This is objective evidence of the extreme stress common to all Synanon style programs (and, btw, prisons).

"One commentator pointed out that when the mafia commits violence, no
one suggests we bomb Sicily.  Today it seems we are, in a symbolic way, not only bombing "Sicily," but are thinking about bombing "Athens" (Iraq)."

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2001/cr112901.htm' target='_new'>Ron Paul, 11/29/01 Speech before Congress

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes