Author Topic: Good program experiences!  (Read 25755 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Good program experiences!
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2005, 10:18:00 AM »
A little miscommunication here...

A "double entendre" is a figure of speech signifying a  "dual meaning."

I just made a joke about "getting on staff" meaning 1. Becoming employed by a facility; and 2. Having intercourse, as in physically "getting on" one's "staff"...

No offense intended.  I just thought it was amusing thinking about you getting on my staff (and I don't mean working as my subordinate!).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2005, 01:43:00 PM »
I had to look up "double entendre" to see what you meant. I did see the glaring double meaning you just described, but thought I better play it safe and respond to the first possible interpretation just in case you or anyone else may have taken offense to interpretation #1.

And BTW, I'm not offended easiliy!  :smile:  :wink:

So, you thought that was amusing....hmmmmm interesting.....

I may never be able to read the word "staff" again without cracking up,  :wink: (Just kidding!)[ This Message was edited by: Nonconformistlaw on 2005-08-12 19:09 ]
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »
"Interesting" as in something you'd enjoy doing, or "interesting" as in you'd like to study the etiology of my apparent psychological disorder?

These double entendres can be fun!
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »
DJ, check you PM's.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »
Oops! Wasn't sure where the boundaries were. TSW, you have a good point. Am about to edit previous posts.  ::rainbow:: [ This Message was edited by:  on 2005-08-12 19:10 ]

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2005, 10:04:00 PM »
Wow, got all perved up and it ain't my fault.

Drats!  :silly:

To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical.
http://lfb.com/?stocknumber=FF7485&code=10247' target='_new'> Thomas Jefferson

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2005, 03:17:00 AM »
"Bad things" do not happen if a tampon is left in too long.  It is now known that leaving tampons does not really cause Toxic Shock Syndrome (I'm not 100% on all the facts on that, just know that it's not nearly as dangerous as once thought).  

In fact, I have heard a few doctors say that it is not uncommon for them to find an old tampon while doing a pelvic exam.  It's not all that serious, okay?  It's not going very far.  It's not going to work it's way up to your heart or anything.    

Pads out in the wilderness?  Disgusting and unsanitary.  Yuck.  

BTW, I almost completely stopped menstruating while at Provo Canyon School.  So did lots of other girls, an alarming number, really.  Why?  It can't be good.   I suspect it was some sort of pysiological defense mechanism.  Obviously some sort of dis-ease.  Thats certainly not how a body would respond to a caring and supportive environment.
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2005, 07:59:00 AM »
On 2005-08-12 18:52:00, Nonconformistlaw wrote:

"Oops! Wasn't sure where the boundaries were. TSW, you have a good point. Am about to edit previous posts.  ::rainbow:: [ This Message was edited by:  on 2005-08-12 19:10 ]"

I'm not editing anything.  I've read quite a bit fom TSW and Niles, and this is mild by comparison.  I think you should repost your comments.

It's nice to see your use of the English language is improving.  You happen to be dealing with a cunning linguist...

I thought about sending these quips to your private mail, but I wasn't sure if you'd enjoy having your box stuffed to overflowing, so I'll just post here on the board.

So, to use our double entendre theme as a metaphor for a car race, after qualifying runs, you are clearly the pole sitter and you've left me with the arduous task of coming from behind, a position in which I often find myself.

In any case, I had better not push it too hard, as I'm starting to overheat a bit.  I also don't want to damage my motor, so I'm considering pulling out before I blow it.

I'm sorry if anyone has been offended, but I'm doing my best to be an upstanding member of our community...

-Arnold Schopenhauer[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2005-08-13 05:01 ]
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2005, 06:06:00 PM »
DJ, you said--"It's nice to see your use of the English language is improving. You happen to be dealing with a cunning linguist"---

Looking forward to seeing more of your linguistic skills.  ::rainbow:: But if you were referring to my linguistic skills on posts throughout the forum, then I, on the other hand, usually disregard my writing ability, as I do nothing but write complaints, and arguments for briefs, motions, etc. all day at work. Although I could easily improve my use of the English language at any given moment, I would absolutely gag if I had to write so carefully and correctly in all my posts.  
::puke::
But if that comment was directed at my most recent stab at double entendres, let me know where I may still need improvement! :smile:

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »
Nonconformistlaw - whats funny, is not only am I a perv but a real motorsports freak. I plan on autocrossing my V8 RX-7 project when completed, if not tearing ass around real race tracks :grin:

No, I wont street race, running 11s on street tires with no traction until 3rd gear is overkill when most people think a 6 second 0-60 time is impressive  :lol: and most people slow down wayy too much on the fun curvy roads.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.
--Anonymous

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2005, 09:46:00 PM »
BTW, I almost completely stopped menstruating while at Provo Canyon School.  So did lots of other girls, an alarming number, really.  Why?  It can't be good.   I suspect it was some sort of pysiological defense mechanism.  Obviously some sort of dis-ease.  Thats certainly not how a body would respond to a caring and supportive environment.  
"

THAT is proof positive of how stressful the environemnt is and how malnourished they are.

Any other program victims have that happen?  :scared:

The function of the press is very high. It is almost holy. It ought to
serve as a forum for the people, through which the people may know freely what is going on. To misstate or suppress the news is a breach of trust.
--Mr. Justice Brandeis

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »
I have spoken with and heard from others who know that some of the girls while at WWASP's Dundee in Costa Rica stopped having their monthly menstrual cycle.   Stress and malnutrition.  

No love and positive attention their.

Quality care it wasnt.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2005, 09:59:00 PM »
yeah, that happened to me and a lot of girls at PCS, my period stopped for 5 months, and I was really regular before that.  oh man, it catches up with you though.  I got it =so= heavy one day it was awful, they gave me a class II for having to borrow a tampon because I "wasn't prepared". we used to say it was something in the food, but now I'm sure it was just constant stress, either that, or Provo Canyon was run by a bunch of aliens that would stop time and impregnate the girls and then take the hybrid fetus out like halfway through the term for disection and experimenting.  if it was going to happen anywhere, it would happen there.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2005, 09:59:00 PM »
As far as I know, every newcomer girl in Straight skipped a period or two or more initially. When we did get them, we all had them at the same time. I think I missed about 3. At the same time, it took me 3 weeks to move my bowels w/ an audience. So I was swelling up. I remember getting confronted for being pregnant. I hadn't had sex in months prior to intake.

Do you support drug prohibition because it finances criminals at home or because it finances terrorists abroad?
--Anonymous

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2005, 10:15:00 PM »
Nihilanthic---Racing enthusiast, huh? I always thought it sounded fun, and yes, a bit scary. Even though I have basic knowledge of the sport, I just dont get technical details related to cars. Girl thing I guess. ::rainbow::