Author Topic: Elan, Scientology and Tom Cruise  (Read 4867 times)

Offline Pete

• View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/lifeline
Elan, Scientology and Tom Cruise
« on: July 14, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »
Have you seen Tom Cruise's rants against psychiatry and medication?  It reminds me so much of some Elan staff.  Especially the part when he says: "There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance."

Kudos to Brooke Shields for putting that nutcase in his place.  Scientology appears to be really dangerous and irresponsible -- at least for many people.  

Maybe parents will finally realize that Elan's philosophy on psychiatry and meds is deeply flawed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »
Shut up ! Sister fuc*er

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »
And you wonder why nobody posts here.  Asshole

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 03:36:00 PM »
OK, so let's get this straight.  You rail against what you believe is racism against Indians on another thread and you use those kind of words here?  Hypocritical, isn't it?

I realize you don't like me.  That's fine, you don't have to.  But I went to Elan too and we are both on this board and probably both have legit gripes with the place.  So let's learn to coexist, OK?  You don't have to like me.      

I think you'll probably say something silly and render this dialogue useless.  Prove me wrong.

I think some of the stuff here is creative and hysterical, by the way (Marty totally deserves it), but the attacks on other board members are silly.  It makes us look like morons if we can't get along.

Now, this forum is not about me or you, it's about the similarities between Scientology and Elan.  Let's get back to the subject.  Thanks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »
I don't like you. You should not be married to a woman.
Racism is wrong.Incest is wrong.Kissing Nazi's ass is wrong too! I never said being gay is wrong but it might be. I don't know.Where is the hypocrisy?

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »
I'm not gay.  Who's kissing Nazi's ass?  Nazi hasn't been here in months.  If he's under a different name, he certainly doesn't pick on any board members anymore.

You're right.  All those things are wrong.  But how can you rail about racism and then say those horrible things about someone?  

You don't know me... not really well, anyway.  If we've ever met, we haven't seen each other in years.  I'm sure you've changed a lot since Elan and I certainly have.  So why drag some long-standing resentment you had against me on here?

Look, if you're a real man, send me a PM (hell, do it under a fake name if it makes you happy) and rant all you want.  I'll listen and talk to you in a matter-of-fact way and I won't be vindictive or try to hurt you.  But let's keep this board peaceful and focus on the real issue, which is free speech about Elan, OK?

Back to Scientology and Elan.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »
Yer right I don't know you,but your eagerness to please people is infuriating me. The Elan reporter makes us all look like retards. This might not bother you, but I think it does a disservice to those of us who are not fuc*ed up whining retards.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »
Please people?  I challenge more crap on these boards than most people.  I get called a lot of names.  I state controversial opinions people don't agree with and take a lot of abuse for it.  I have been threatened, bullied, challenged to fights, had my wife's name degraded and had all sorts of shit from Elan dragged onto here for no good reason at all.  If I'm trying to please people, I'm doing a lousy job.

I didn't laugh at the jokes to please the guy.  I think it's pretty funny, the same way South Park, Beavis and Butt-head and Truly Tasteless Jokes are funny.  He's done a lot of stuff I don't agree with, but the jokes make me laugh.  As for how we look, this board has no credibility to start with.  Calling each other names doesn't make us look good on here either.

That being said, I appreciate your more civil manner and I hope the nastiness toward each other can stop.  That's not being a people-pleaser, it's just exercising people skills.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »
What do other people think about Scientology and Elan anyway?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 10:28:00 AM »
On 2005-07-14 08:40:00, Pete wrote:

"Have you seen Tom Cruise's rants against psychiatry and medication?  It reminds me so much of some Elan staff.  Especially the part when he says: "There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance."

Kudos to Brooke Shields for putting that nutcase in his place.  Scientology appears to be really dangerous and irresponsible -- at least for many people.  

Maybe parents will finally realize that Elan's philosophy on psychiatry and meds is deeply flawed.

"

I was never really a Tom Cruise fan, but after seeing his last 2 pics, Collateral and Last samuri, those were some very good films with him in them. I especially loved Collateral alot, thought Tom Cruise played the part of a hitman very good.

I was skeptical at first when I heard Cruise was gonna play a hitman, but i have to say he really pulled it of.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »
On 2005-07-14 14:30:00, Pete wrote:

"What do other people think about Scientology and Elan anyway?"

I think elan would run better if there were no hi yu yuh yuh thearpy forced upon you by Marty.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »
hi-yuh hi-yuh therapy is worse than Scientology!  LOL

Offline Elanuanumous

• View Profile
    • http://www.kabbalart.com
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »
I wish Tom Cruise would talk to my shrink, then I would not have to take so many pills each day!
If I remove the pills does that Mean I get rid of the Labels that go with each Perscription?
WOOOOO no stigma I am normal! This guy is a GENIUS, smells just like Elan.
 "No Medication here, no such thing as a chemical imbalance" :rofl:
"Obnoxious but not crazy" :rofl: Tom Cruise should work at Elan!

Any Irishman who doubts the reality of selective enforcement ought to take just a moment to comtemplate the etymology of the term "paddy waggon".
--Antigen

Everything Hitler did was legal\"
.......Martin Luther King J.R.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »
"All you need is vitamins, exercise, a week sitting in a corner and a smoking general meeting!"  

-- Tom Cruise

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2005, 12:08:00 AM »
On 2005-07-15 11:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

""All you need is vitamins, exercise, a week sitting in a corner and a smoking general meeting!"  

-- Tom Cruise"

That's a good one! :flame:
 I hope his kids NEVER have any emotional problems. They will have to wait until they are 18 to get some help.
I always had respect for Cruise. He seems to be a decent man. I put him in the Robert Redford catagory. Since that comment, I now know he is uneducated in certain areas. Hopefully, he will discover just how wrong he is and admit it.
 Well, we all make mistakes.