Author Topic: Sign petition now to end abuse  (Read 4411 times)

Offline nite owl

• View Profile
Sign petition now to end abuse
« on: June 21, 2005, 12:32:00 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 please sign petition to end institutionalized child abuse now! ---
time is running out....
http://www.petitiononline.com/hr1738/petition.html

read the bill the petition refers to here:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.R.1738.IH:

Pass this along to all your friends...

Creationists make it sound like a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
--Isaac Asimov, Russian-born American author

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 10:00:00 AM »
The world has caught up with you failures who think any kind of control and discipline of a child is abusive.

Your petition is going nowhere honey--if you'd put it out in the naive '60's or 70's, well, maybe.

People are sick of kids and that includes adolescents running around using drugs, committing crime, and generally being burdens on society.  Your day of whining when parents start drawing limits for them is OVER.  Deal with it!!!

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »
Not all of the kids are using drugs etc...Some are there for learning disorders, emotional illness, sexual assault, depression and other problems.  These programs even advertise that they except children will all types of problems. My daughter was a rape victim. While in treatment she was severely punished with all types of abusive measures including an isolation that lasted one week. Do you think that this was appropriate treatment for a rape victim???????

Why don't you read some of the adds on the websites of these programs. Some of the children are there for ADD, Dyslexia and other learning disorders. This kind of attitude regarding children in programs is why noting is being done to protect many of the mentally ill and depressed children who are also victims of this awful industry.  

To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'> Thomas Jefferson

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline If u want to know..then a

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 05:00:00 PM »
I am beginning to wonder if there is an "Anon cult" that seem to carry all these anons with bad attitudes towards children.  It is probably the same person over and over and over again, but it is getting pretty disgusting to watch you speak about children the way you do.  Check this out, do you even have children?  If not, then shut it.  If so, I doubt they still speak to you!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »
On 2005-06-21 07:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The world has caught up with you failures who think any kind of control and discipline of a child is abusive.

Your petition is going nowhere honey--if you'd put it out in the naive '60's or 70's, well, maybe.

People are sick of kids and that includes adolescents running around using drugs, committing crime, and generally being burdens on society.  Your day of whining when parents start drawing limits for them is OVER.  Deal with it!!!"

yea, agreeing with the Anon Cult- what a weird thing to say.  It's so absurd it's downright laughable. LOL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 01:46:00 PM »
The days when children were supposed to be seen and not heard are WAY over!  The children are the voice of this nation and whoever doesn't like it, can find another nation were children have no freedoms and are used as slaves to the adults.  Frankly, if my child does go through something I would rather them be outspoken about it with me, then to try to not be heard and I would never know!  For the people with children, love your children and always let them know that they can be heard no matter what anyone else says.  We as parents, give our children life and make sure they survive until they are adults.  But as mentors, role models, and all around best friends, it our obligation to make sure that we teach our children values and help them to help us and our country in the future.  "Children are the future"!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 09:28:00 AM »
You sound like a kid playing at being a parent--- an overly-permissive(read that as lazy and distracted) parent and there's a good chance that your kid is going to have plenty of trouble learning boundaries and appropriate ways of being with other people.  Your posts, taken as a whole say that you've got some growing up to do yourself before you can adequately raise somebody else

I don't wish that on you but it's a fact, and I'd like to hear how you feel about your anything-goes theories in a few years.

Love involves teaching limits as well as making pretty speeches about what a superb mother you are.  Childhood is not about "being seen but not heard", it's about learning that there is a time and a place to be heard, to act certain ways, to just plain not do certain things.

Frankly you just sound like you're not up to the task of being an adequate mom, based on this and other posts, just a lot of platitudes and a whole lot of time ranting and bashing others on the computer.  

Time, btw, that maybe, just maybe, you could be sharing with your child doing something constructive instead of being a cyber smart-ass most of the time

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »
Well sorry to have struck a nerve, wait, I'm really not!  I don't spend my time being a cyber smart ass!  I see that your type is actually on here doing most of the bashing of others' opinions and plain being "inadequate" of possessing any kind of empathy or compassion for anyone on this website.  To basically put down my parenting skills is nothing to me.  You don't see me on a daily basis or at all for that matter.  My child learns values, morals and skills every single day because of the kind of inspiration and motivation I impliment in his life.  So waste your time on putting someone down that you actually know.  If that was your post that I spoke of, then I meant every word I said.  That was the way that you chose to deliver.  By the way, don't YOU have anything better to do?  Did you even go to CEDU?  If you think what I said is even remotely close to bashing, then maybe you need to read YOUR last post.  Mine had absolutely nothing in common with that!  So, with that being said....Have a wonderful day!

To everyone else : How are you all doing?   :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »
I think you have it confused Mr/Mrs. Punctual (you should take that as illiterate and absent minded).  If indeed, "if you wanna know.." is a child raising a child (do I need to remind you how common that it these days?) then why do you insist on putting them in their place?  How is that your job?  I think you need to relax a little Anon and realize that this website is DESIGNED for kids to come and talk about whatever they want to.  Not to have some self appointed chaperone tell them exactly what and what not to do.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 01:41:00 PM »
:silly:

Republican n. A liberty despising, money worshiping, control freak. Democrat n. A liberty despising, social engineering, control freak.
-- Anonymous

Straight, Sarasota
   10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
return undef() if /coercion/i;
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »
Well I read this completely ready to destroy the agument of the anon, then I got to the bottom and low and behold antigen took it away, good job, you covered everything I had to say, anon consider your self defeated, because you barely supported your agument, while antigen did very well. Well, anon, at least your better at debating than the "One who cares"
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline GeoffSprague

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2005, 11:56:00 PM »
Well, not to try and put this thread back on it's original topic or anything, but I went & read the petition, and signed it. If a school is legitimately dedicated to helping students, they should have no problems following the laws outlined in the purposed bill.

Will it have any effect on it's passing, or it's passing help curb abuse? I dunno, but signing the petition beats sitting around.
was walking down the street, something caught my eye...and dragged it fifteen feet.

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »
Geoff- the petition reads:

The undersigned citizens respectfully petition for the passage of the End Institutionalized Abuse Against Children Act of 2005 (Introduced in House) HR 1738 IH to assure the safety of American children in foreign-based and domestic institutions.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

-----

and can be read at site linking earlier. I think bill is linked there as well.

376 signatures so far- pretty good I think. Please help spread the word, maybe we can top 400??  
Additionally- parents, health advocates or professional ALERT: want to sign on to this letter created by Allison Pinto, PhD.that way we can really slam 'em.  The movement is growing, even CWLA, APA, and others are on board.

http://www.unmarriedamerica.org/emancip ... letter.htm

As always though, personal letters are best, worth the effort, I think.
[ This Message was edited by: katfish on 2005-08-12 13:51 ]
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »
I think that the bill is a good idea. I read it over, the WHOLE thing, and I think that if the schools are doing what they are supposed to be doing, they shouldn't have a problem keeping up with these regulations. The part I like best in the bill was the part about "Unscheduled/Unannounced visits" I think that if these were to really occur, they would end a lot of the abuse that goes on at these schools.

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »
yea, i agree for sure about the unannounced visits...

now if only they would add things safe gaurds like they have in psych wards and juvinile detention centers- access to advocates.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead