Author Topic: Been gone awhile  (Read 4306 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Been gone awhile
« on: November 08, 2002, 06:39:00 PM »
Hi all, it has been a while since I have been on the pages.  Life has been a little hectic lately.

The funny thing is that AARC seems to always be there, deep down.  Last night I had a nightmare again.  It's always the same, I go there and then I try to leave and people chase me.  The funny thing is, I was of an age when I was in treatment that I could have left at anytime.

In July it will be 10 years since I walked thru the doors of AARC and I find it disturbing that after all this time it still effects me so.

It doesn't look like much has changed around here though.  Members of AARC (and I say members because I believe its a cult) still here trying to convince those of us that have been able to pull away from the abuse, that we are wrong.  That we have never been wronged... well 10 years later I can sure tell you that I have been wronged (and no, this is not effecting me from getting on with my life), but it definitely does effect my life still in some regards.

It's nice to be back.  

Tasha
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Been gone awhile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2002, 12:25:00 AM »
Tasha your name sent chills down my spine ( keep reading) 10 years ago a Natasha went into AARC and she died 2 years ago. Sorry it really scared me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Been gone awhile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2002, 01:31:00 AM »
Excuse me for asking, but what did she die from?

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
Been gone awhile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2002, 11:12:00 AM »
Hi Tasha,

My heart goes out to you. I know that nightmare well. But 20 years after being fooled by mind rapists at Straight and a good therapist, I have been working on some mind exercises to hopefully help reverse some of the impressions done onto me by the mind rapists.

I have been participating in exposing these bastards that did these horrible things to us one way or another for about 5 years since I was introduced to Wes Fager. He taught me about Straight and their lies, their brainwashing for profit, and even worse, informed me of the God Damned spin-offs they are responsible for setting up in Striaght's closure. It always helps me alot to refer to them as to who and what they are ~ MIND RAPISTS, to me, that begins to work on my psyche and reverse the damage and helps take the power away the bastard nazis once had over me.

I have noticed that in these 5 years, I am happier with me, I laugh alot more often, and I'm more pleasant to be around. (LOL) The more I get educated on how brainwashing works and its effectiveness when used in cults, the more it takes away the "individualistic effectiveness" Straight was trying to pan off on all its victims. In other words, Straight was always trying to make itself stand out as "different", "unique", and without them YOU would be deadinsaneorinjail. There will always be those that claim that KIDS, Straight, or AARC were the greatest thing since sliced bread, but we all know different.

OH, BTW, I always love it when either "Dr." Dean Vause or a crony of his posts here on our boards, I love the thought that Miller Newton is lurking, or Mel and Betty Sembler for that matter. I went over to the KIDS site here on Fornit's, and I read all those news articles at http://www.kidsofnorthjersey.com/articles.html (thank you whoever pasted that link) and it just reinforced to me all over again that I am going after those bastards by exposing them at any chance I get. I love it when I read 1987 reaction from Miller Newton http://www.kidsofnorthjersey.com/33187.html  writing a paper crying because he feels beat up on, or some parent criticizing that paper that it would dare speak out against the cult.

The point I am trying to make is that none of these mind rapists or parents figured on two things, that a, we would have an internet, and b, that we would some day be their age and demand some answers. IMHO, Vause, Newton, Mel, Bette, Parrish, and all the rest of em are just plain stupid if they think we all are just going to go away, yeah-right, the numbers only seem to increase since I've been at this.

Thanks and take care.....Ken

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Been gone awhile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2002, 11:54:00 AM »
She died from a seizure in her sleep.She was married and had a couple of kids. It was/is very tragic.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Been gone awhile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2002, 12:45:00 PM »
Quote:

On 2002-11-08 15:39:00, Anonymous wrote:
In July it will be 10 years since I walked thru the doors of AARC and I find it disturbing that after all this time it still effects me so.

Hi Tasha,
  I know what you mean. It's been 20 years for me. Just about now, as a matter of fact. I'm mostly over it. The whole thing is very much like battered spouse syndrome. If you've ever been there or had to stand on the sidelines and watch it happen to someone you love, you can probably see the similarities. I've done both. Actually, I'm still waiting for my 18yo daughter to fully realize what her psycho-stalker boyfriend is doing to her.

The only time I have a really rough time of it these days is when I run into evidence of Program influence in my world. The boyfriend with borderline personality disorder (medicaleze for "he's an asshole, walk away, stupid!") is long gone. I quit jumping at shadows and seeing him in crowds after only a couple of years; which was somewhat longer than the relationship lasted.

But the Program really is everywhere. I spent about 18 years trying to convince myself that it was just my imagination. But it's not. These wacky bastards seem to have a lot of people convinced. It helps a lot to find others who plainly see that the drug warriors are stark naked and raving mad.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Been gone awhile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2002, 06:15:00 PM »
Thanks to everyone who posted.  Whenever I start thinking about AARC again (which is pretty often), and especially when I come on these boards, it reminds me that I'm not crazy.  Sometimes I just need a reality check, that what I and others went through there is insane, is brainwashing.  I was talking to a friend the other day about AARC, she had heard of it, but had thought it was a good place, when I starting telling her a little bit about my experience there, her first word for it was "Cult".  It's funny the more I talk about it, the more I remember of the little things that aren't so little after all.

I did an interview for a documentary on AARC a few months ago.  Apparently it's suppose to air in my city tomorrow night.  I am a little anxious about it.  Wondering how I was portrayed.  I was honest and I said my full name and I didn't hide behind any shadows.  I am in the business world, and I know that by doing that interview I am possibly opening myself up to a lot, but I felt it is what I had to do.  Someone has to speak out about these things.  I just truely hope that the people who are doing the documentary actually listened to me, and didn't just go into it already having an opinion on AARC.  So we'll see.  I'll let you all know Thrusday if I was able to see it.

It's nice to be back up and posting again, becuase I need to remind myself, that this is part of my reality.

Take Care.  Tasha

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
Been gone awhile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2002, 10:27:00 PM »
Thanks Tasha,

Say Tasha, Is there a way you can tape it or find out if the station that is playing it has it available at their website, maybe on RealOne or something like that? We really need to get word out on AARC and educate as many as possible about the workings of "Dr." Dean Vause and co., and how they are just modern day Straight Inc. spin-offs.....

Take care....Ken

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
Been gone awhile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2002, 12:47:00 AM »
I forgot about the damn documentary! I watched the J-Lo interview....Blinded by the diamond!

How was it???

Hey Ken, nice to see you again,

Velvet.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Been gone awhile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2002, 06:31:00 PM »
Hi all, I didn't find it last night on T.V.  I did contact the production company who did the documentary today and hopefully I will get some info from them shortly.  Hey it's almost Friday...yeah

Take Care all.  Tasha

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Been gone awhile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2002, 11:27:00 AM »
Tasha do i know you I went through 8- 9 years ago?
Just wondering

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Been gone awhile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2002, 10:05:00 AM »
You probably know me.  I went there in 93 and 94 and worked there in 95 and 96.  Who are you?  What are your feelings on aarc?

Tash

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
Been gone awhile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2002, 03:24:00 AM »
You don't HAVE to answer that if you don't want to. Nothing wrong with posting anonymously if you choose to.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Been gone awhile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2002, 04:16:00 PM »
I am not sure how i feel about AARC I am still clean and sober but I haven't been there in a long time.I am happy they helped me get my life on track but i am confused on my thoughts towards it.I went through 94-95 so tasha you must of been on staff then.
I have been here a few times and like to read the posts but i want to be anonomous.
Thanks

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Been gone awhile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2007, 11:37:40 AM »
How are these people doing? Tasha, Ken...

Which documentary are they referring to? Can it be found online?

I'm also wondering about the "Recovering Krystal" can it be found online?

Thanks!