Author Topic: Robert Litchfield Letter to SLT 9/25/04  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Robert Litchfield Letter to SLT 9/25/04
« on: May 21, 2005, 01:08:00 PM »
Article Last Updated: 09/25/2004 12:08:07 PM  

No findings of abuse

The Tribune's Sept. 19 article on the World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools for struggling teens graphed some ?Worldwide Woes,? but it should have also mentioned that the association has a tremendous success record and a high parent satisfaction rate (97 percent) evidenced by the nearly 2,000 letters received from parents and students in the past year alone.

It should also be mentioned that:

l The U.S. Consulate has confirmed that during seven years of operation there has never been a single substantiated case of abuse or mistreatment at Casa by the Sea (Mexico).

After a year of thorough governmental investigation there were no findings of abuse or mistreatment at Dundee Ranch (Costa Rica).

Carolina Springs is currently in good standing with the state of South Carolina and has never had a substantiated case of abuse or mistreatment.

Charges against Wayne Winder were dropped after Majestic Ranch (Randolph, Utah) students admitted to state officials they had made up stories.

Cross Creek has been in good standing with the state of Utah for 16 years and has never  
had a substantiated case of abuse or mistreatment.

All students from Morava Academy (Czech Republic) were interviewed upon their return home and there were no findings of abuse or mistreatment at the academy.

The investigation by Samoan authorities actually happened at another program in Samoa, not at Paradise Cove which was in good standing with the Samoan government and the   U.S. Consulate during its entire operation in Samoa.

Robert B. Lichfield
Consultant, World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools
Toquerville

Link:  

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_2419473
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 06:00:00 PM »
On 2005-05-21 10:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Article Last Updated: 09/25/2004 12:08:07 PM  

No findings of abuse

The Tribune's Sept. 19 article on the World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools for struggling teens graphed some ?Worldwide Woes,? but it should have also mentioned that the association has a tremendous success record and a high parent satisfaction rate (97 percent) evidenced by the nearly 2,000 letters received from parents and students in the past year alone.

It should also be mentioned that:

l The U.S. Consulate has confirmed that during seven years of operation there has never been a single substantiated case of abuse or mistreatment at Casa by the Sea (Mexico).

After a year of thorough governmental investigation there were no findings of abuse or mistreatment at Dundee Ranch (Costa Rica).

Carolina Springs is currently in good standing with the state of South Carolina and has never had a substantiated case of abuse or mistreatment.

Charges against Wayne Winder were dropped after Majestic Ranch (Randolph, Utah) students admitted to state officials they had made up stories.

Cross Creek has been in good standing with the state of Utah for 16 years and has never  

had a substantiated case of abuse or mistreatment.

All students from Morava Academy (Czech Republic) were interviewed upon their return home and there were no findings of abuse or mistreatment at the academy.

The investigation by Samoan authorities actually happened at another program in Samoa, not at Paradise Cove which was in good standing with the Samoan government and the   U.S. Consulate during its entire operation in Samoa.

Robert B. Lichfield

Consultant, World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools

Toquerville

Link:  

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_2419473

"

What a load of bullshit.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »
Really?  Bullshit?  Please.....do tell :wink:

Offline nite owl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 10:35:00 PM »
Do tell....It would take volumes. There have been so many reports of abuse and neglect. Just look at all of the threads here at this one Internet Site - thousands of former patients have reported horendous abuse and maltreatment.  Lichfield uses his money to buy politicians - so those who should be looking after the best interest of children look the other way when reports of abuse surface. Most people just want to forget and get on with their lives. But they never forget - even after years go by.  The children who were abused in these WWASP programs will continue to speak out as a adults - they will continue to organize.
If you want someone to tell - just open your eyes and search - WWASP abuse.....

As your attorney, it is my duty to inform you that it is not important that you understand what I'm doing or why you're paying me so much money.  What's important is that you continue to do so.
--Hunter S. Thompson's Samoan Attorney

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »
http://www.nospank.net/boot.htm

Here's a link for more information - news reports about Bob's programs and the abuse reported....

Offline nite owl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 11:01:00 PM »
http://www.nospank.net/ashcroft.htm

Here you will find official information regarding
specific complaints about WWASP

India Indicas, Mr. Peabody?
-- Sherman

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 10:35:00 PM »
I wouldnt be supprised if he was a right wing conservative Christian Republican. Sounds like the bullshit they spread. Even though they know the truth they still try to spread lies and misinformation to protect their "good standing". Damn those hypocrites! If we were in the program and flat out lied about something, we would be called manipulative liars and woudl drop to phase one no points. But it is somehow ok for them to do it cuz why? They are rich and feel they can get away with it and need to keep these places open to pay for their fancy houses and their 50,000.00 cars. Assholes!
Amanda

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 10:59:00 PM »
I think someone like Robert Browning Lichfield thinks you should stfu because you're just a kid and you'll understand when you're older.

Well I'm 40. And I still don't understand. I think you're right, Amanda. Fucker wouldn't last two weeks in the Program.

What is this new loyalty? It is, above all, conformity. It is the uncritical and unquestioning acceptance of America as it is. It rejects inquiry into the race question or socialized medicine or public housing, regards as heinous any challenge to what is called the system of private enterprise, identifying that system with Americanism. It abandons evolution, repudiates the once popular concept of progress, and regards America as a finished product, perfect and complete. The concept of loyalty as conformity is a false one. It is narrow and restrictive, denies freedom of thought and conscience... What do men know of loyalty who make a mockery of the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights?
http://www.harvardsquarelibrary.org/unitarians/commager.html' target='_new'>Henry Steele Commager, 1947

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 11:06:00 PM »
Did any of you catch Nightline on Firday? Ted Koppel did a retrospective on his visit to Maoist China 30 years ago. It was amazing to me watching the teacher and student interviews. It was soooo programlike.

Then, 30 years later, China is still an authoritarian regime, still solidly Communits. But clearly ashamed of those weird days. There are still some whacked out, radical Maoist cults there. But, for the most part, the fad came and went like a large scale Bible revival.

I think the same thing is happening w/ Synanon here and now. It'll pass when enough ppl have had a ride through the cycle so that there's no one left who would foolishly recomend it.

America is an ugly, awkward teenager, but also beautiful and full of potential.

There lives more faith, in honest doubt,
Believe me, than in half the creeds.
http://www.tatteredcover.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?s=showproduct&affiliateId=000095&isbn=0753816571' target='_new'>Alfred Lord Tennyson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2005, 11:46:00 PM »
I also saw the Nightline program, it was very interesting. Ever notice the glazed over stare of people who are spouting BS? That look... you can recognize it on a lot of people...

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 12:08:00 AM »
Yeah, I have! But, for like 18 years, I thought I was the only one!

None of Nature's landscapes are ugly so long as they are wild.
-- John Muir