Author Topic: Straight Ahead  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight Ahead
« on: November 03, 2002, 09:26:00 PM »
Global TV will be airing a program on 13th November at 10:00pm (at least in Alberta, I don't know if it is national)

Everybody should see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
Straight Ahead
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 09:58:00 PM »
Promotion, promotion, promotion. If Fornits offered pop ups this add would be on it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight Ahead
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2002, 11:20:00 PM »
I am not promoting.  I am trying to help you.  Velvet, why have you not replied to my e-mail?  I want to see this program so that I can help you shoot them down!

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
Straight Ahead
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2002, 03:26:00 PM »
I did a very short interview over the phone with a producer of Straight Ahead. He later sent me a request for written approval for him to use that interview on the documentary. Before I could respond to him he attempted to break into this site by using my username and trying to change the password. Naturally I didn't give him the approval after that incident. However I am aware of at least two AARC graduates with only negative experiences in AARC who went on camera to give their side of the story. We assumed that at best this documentary would look favourably upon AARC, but include a little blurb about the flip side. At worst it would be entirely an AARC promotional documentary which only included our experiences to try to shed a negative light upon us considering we have already recieved a fair amount of attention. But still it was worth doing because any sensible person would hear our message.

But it didn't air on the date that it was supposed too, reportedly for "technical difficulties", and now months later it has suddenly emerged. This makes me curious as to what's happened in the meantime, and what changes needed to be made. They spent a very long time in AARC filming, and then when rapping the documentary up they included us. Perhaps some people from AARC were very upset over any possible negative light being shed upon them in the documentary and managed to scare the producers into editing it all out.

I have not responded to you because you emailed me at an address which I have not handed out since it was posted on the forum which is no longer in exsistence, and because you did not use it until a time when AARC has their panties in a bundle over me again. I feel that if you legitimately wanted to assist me you would have contacted me when you originally had my address, but I also understand that now is an active time in Alberta to address this issue. If you would like to be contacted by someone who is not an AARC graduate, but who can provide you with the same amount of information that I can, please let me know through here or Private Message and I will pass the message onto that person. Considering the death threats and "You don't know what he's capable of" comments posted on these boards, everyone here is anonymous to a certain extent when it comes to anyone who we have not made the initial attempt to contact in the first place.