Author Topic: Mark Newton  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Mark Newton
« on: November 02, 2002, 08:06:00 AM »
Does anyone know what happened to Mark, son of Miller Newton?  

Mark Newton worked at my dad's fitness center in Tampa after he left Jr staff.  He also waxed cars for extra bucks on saturdays for our club members.  Mark got to work at my fathers business when I was exiled to no parental visits, then shipped to Atlanta.  

Mark Newton was one of the 2 7steppers who physically TOOK me and Bobby Rugles to Atlanta and dropped us off.

I last saw Mark in 1983 when my family was invited to the wedding of Tracey A and Mark Newton. That was a weird night for me.  The only program "screw up" at the affair.  Sembler was there.  Everyone was there!

I am not mad if you are reading this Mark.  I just want to talk to you, as you became close to my folks at one time and your parents really ground an axe on me.

I wonder....

Bill Hadley

[ This Message was edited by: Tampa survivor on 2002-11-02 05:07 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline junkyrd

• View Profile
Mark Newton
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2002, 08:56:00 PM »
Right around the time the VA program split off Kim Hyde and he were dating and she was talking about marrying him to the girls group. There was somekind of trouble - don't know the details only the peripherals, and she got sent up with the VA program and spent everyday in group sitting on the back row for the staffers for the while before we left St Pete. Does anybody know anything else about that? I always hated her. One of my personal nemeses, like Jim Sailor.
Trish

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
Mark Newton
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2002, 10:17:00 PM »
I hated her, too. She and Alice would attempt to tag-team me in group. I would have loved to tie that little bitch in a knot. HI KIM!!
What I heard as a 7th Stepper was that she came up to VA on a suspension of sorts, cuz she and Mark Newton were fooling around without being married.
Then in VA, she and pretty-boy Jim Sailor were drinking/having sex and they both got canned.
I can't swear to any of this, but it's what I heard.

Shelby

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Mark Newton
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2002, 06:53:00 AM »
I don't know the deal on Kim, but by the time I got back to Tampa from my exile in Atlanta, he must have been over Kim, because that is not who he married.  Tracey Atkins was the bride.  Hmm, maybe daddy sent her off to Va as a favor for Mark.  
I heard from Brian Rice that they broke up within a year or two over stuff I shouldn't repeat second hand.
Anyway, interesting to hear of Kim again....
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Mark Newton
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2002, 07:33:00 AM »
You are right on the money Shelby.  It was Bartles & Jaynes wine coolers too.  I heard this straight from the mouth of Jim Sailor in 1988 at a business his father was managing called Stuffit Incorporated.  They were mailing out proxy statements to share-
holders.  Jim was a supervisor there, a regular "daddies boy."  I also met and talked with Wally Braun who prefers to be called "Walt" now.  If you thought he looked like a cartoon version of Elton John before, you should see him now!!  Jim looked as goofy as ever.  I saw nothing of John, but Jim eluded that John was finishing college up around Boston or M.I.T.  He was more concerned about bragging how he had sex with Kim pretty much from the get-go of her being up there, only I thought it was Cincinnatti.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
Mark Newton
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2002, 07:40:00 AM »
Gee, Wally was my foster brother.  Hey 85 day, now that you mention it, he sure did look like Elton John.  What a laugh I got out of that.  Wally thought he was some kinda ladies man stud; again what a laugh!!  Jim and John Sailor were friends on the program and John nad I were buddies after for awhile.  Lost track of them both, would like to see how they are doing.  Jim probably has amends to make as one of the steps says (damn, I can't remember them anymore - who cares? - not me)  Anyway, if you see them, tell 'em Kpickle39 (aka Mike) says hello.

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
Mark Newton
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2002, 10:06:00 AM »
It was VA for sure. I was there at the time. One day Jim & Kim ( Beavis & Butthead?? )were leading raps, the next day they were both gone. Bartles and Jaymes, huh? Thank you for your support! LOL

Shelby

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Mark Newton
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2002, 03:38:00 PM »
The Tracy Adkins you are speaking of is she a short petit girl, dark hair, rather attractive really?  If this is the same one, she was a Junior in the Cincinnati group.

Don

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Mark Newton
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2002, 05:34:00 PM »
St Pete program girl.  Had like 4 sisters in program.  I guess they got a group discount.  Lived north of Bay area.
Bill

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
Mark Newton
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2002, 03:46:00 AM »
Mark use to talk about wind sailing out in the bay all the time. He also use to work at Economy T.V. Remember that place? I wonder what has happened to Mark and what his opinions of straight are.