Author Topic: Need your opinion  (Read 7010 times)

Offline anon78

• View Profile
Need your opinion
« on: November 04, 2002, 09:45:00 PM »
Just put a new graphic on a site with more text want to know if you all think its too heavy or not.
http://www.straightincorporated.com/home.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Need your opinion
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 09:58:00 PM »
I just checked it out.  Nice additional text since a few weeks ago.  The American holocaust thing...
Hmm.  Provacative, but possibly too strong.  The systematic extermination of a bunch of people was a bit stronger than what I went through.  Jews get downright freaky (can't say I blame 'em) for light use of holocaust comparisions.  So, as an ironic jab at Mel Sembler it is great, but to a casual jewish visitor, it may seem over the top.
Great job on the sites to all doing them.
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
    • http://www.5minutestolive.com/qtGIMME.html
Need your opinion
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2002, 03:47:00 PM »
I would remove the holocaust reference.
AR CRASH TURNS FROWN UPSIDE DOWN

Offline enough

• View Profile
Need your opinion
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2002, 06:22:00 PM »
Just to chime in, we homo's are a little touchy about the holocaust issue too- since we were also forgotten on purpose.

Of course, the program was persistent in conditioning meto believe that I was only sexually attracted to men because I was an addict, and that as a clean and sober person, I would be cleansed of this perversion.

Well I am clean and sober now, and you can guess the rest. Fascists.

[ This Message was edited by: enough on 2002-11-05 15:25 ]

Offline enough

• View Profile
Need your opinion
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2002, 06:29:00 PM »
you might also want to point out the connections between DFAF and the drug free workplaces programs for setting up drug testing programs and supplies to small businesses. Or their association with the Drug Free Communities programs, I believe that this is one of the ways they get Federal Grants, but you'd have to do some research on that- I think Wes has some of this on his site somewhere...Ginger details ??

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
Need your opinion
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2002, 06:31:00 PM »
I really think they need to drug test more people where I work. We have many people who drive company vehicles and things like that. I'm only wanting it for the well-being of everyone. Come to think of it, I haven't been tested myself in nearly 5 years since I started working there.
usan Minns

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Need your opinion
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2002, 07:28:00 PM »
God, not again.  
Where is anonomous when we need him.

On 2002-11-05 15:31:00, ladyjerrico wrote: I really think they need to drug test more people where I work. We have many people who drive company vehicles and things like that. I'm only wanting it for the well-being of everyone..."

Lady, why on Gods green earth are you here?  Drug testing without CAUSE is totally screwed.  
You sound like one of them with that statement of yours.  Go post that on DFAF!!!
Bill
Bill H
12/80-12/82

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Need your opinion
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2002, 08:07:00 PM »
On the one hand, I don't think the holocaust reference is over the top. There are a lot of ties between the Bush Dynasty and Nazi Germany; the Nazi SS started out as a private securities corporation with hefty government contracts, much like our own Wackenhut and American Corrections Corporation; DARE has been frequently and broadly compared to Hitler Jugund (Hitler Youth); if you take a speech or essay from some of the more hawkish drug warriors and switch a few words around--like drugs for Jewery, drug user for Jew, etc.--most people would be hard pressed to tell it apart from an authentic bit of Nazi propaganda. Human experiments? WTF do you think was going on in there???

But the most compelling and significant thing that DFAF has in common with the Third Reich is how both movements crept upon the people, becoming an integral and accepted part of the culture. You think our drug warriors don't celebrate the death of a "druggie"?

""They saw me, drenched in Clay's blood, and they ask me, 'Is he all right.' and I just shook my head.  The cops are smoking and joking, high-fiving each other.  Wow, I think, they took down a farm of unarmed hippies."
http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v02/n1876/a12.html?1874

Now, on the other hand, a lot of people are not anywhere near ready to see the similarities between what's happening in this country and what happened in Germany. You will get serious backlash because of that.

As far as DFAF's finances go, I know that Calvina was quoted as saying that they got 30% of their funding from the Federal government a year or two ago. Wes has documented the SBA grant they got last year for $300k. That was in the newspaper. If you want to know all about their funding, send a formal certified letter of request for their tax returns and cite the Freedom of Information Act. While you're waiting for a response, check out Florida CAN's pages on FOI requests at http://www.jug-or-not.com/can/freedom_of_info.htm
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline the other anonymous

• View Profile
Need your opinion
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2002, 09:50:00 PM »
My opinion has been that no testing is appropriate EXCEPT when people have jobs like driving big trucks or flying airplanes.  You do have me thinking, with your strong statement about testing without CAUSE.  It is worth debate.  However, instead of debating with ladyjerrico you dismissed her to the DFAF site.  Now are you going to send ME over there?  Into the lion's den for not having the correct opinion?

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Need your opinion
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2002, 10:06:00 PM »
No...I am going to my jacuzzi.  Me and MY opinions will bubble till properly poached.  I sent mail to DFAF today.  A veiled mail....good cop/bad cop anyone?

I just found it odd that on a thread with a bunch liberty nuts, a workplace drug test advocate would shout it out.

Be happy.

Bill will now sing Kumba-ya

[ This Message was edited by: Tampa survivor on 2002-11-05 19:10 ]
Bill H
12/80-12/82

Offline the other anonymous

• View Profile
Need your opinion
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2002, 11:00:00 PM »
quite happy, thank you very much. (until I hear Kumbaya!) go bubble away.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Need your opinion
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2002, 09:37:00 AM »
I kind of like the name Gulog sp?  It implies and points to attrocities with all the images but lacking a direct comparison to the holocaust museum.

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
    • http://www.5minutestolive.com/qtGIMME.html
Need your opinion
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2002, 01:47:00 PM »
A typical person who sees that holocaust reference is going to balk at checking out the rest of the site.  There are already so many wacko conspiracy theory web pages they may assume this is yet another one.  I'm not discrediting your web page, I think it's excellent.  Just remove the holocaust reference.
AR CRASH TURNS FROWN UPSIDE DOWN

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
Need your opinion
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2002, 06:44:00 PM »
my sentiments exactly
ll this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player
\"Maya\"  The Incredible String Band

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
Need your opinion
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2002, 09:22:00 AM »

On 2002-11-05 16:28:00, Tampa survivor wrote:
God, not again.  
Where is anonomous when we need him.
On 2002-11-05 15:31:00, ladyjerrico wrote: I really think they need to drug test more people where I work. We have many people who drive company vehicles and things like that. I'm only wanting it for the well-being of everyone..."

Lady, why on Gods green earth are you here?  Drug testing without CAUSE is totally screwed.  
You sound like one of them with that statement of yours.  Go post that on DFAF!!!
Bill
I'm only stating my opinion about my work place, many people admit to me that they use very strong drugs and have no need for them except for recreactional useage. Before they were hired in they did an extensive background check and most people had more than 1 drug test. To me it's a safety concern, and if some managers and supervisors could get some stuff together, they would see what is going on.
Bite me ok! I am here because I delt with a lot of crap at Straight and I don't need you or "anonymous" to make things worse in my life by humiliating me or bitching at me.. thank you very much!

[ This Message was edited by: ladyjerrico on 2002-11-07 06:27 ]
usan Minns