Author Topic: My best friend was just sent to Spring Creek  (Read 2253 times)

Offline FarDareisMai

• View Profile
My best friend was just sent to Spring Creek
« on: May 19, 2005, 01:21:00 AM »
At first I did not even know where she was, but I found out she was in Thompson Falls, and from that, I found Spring Creek.

I started doing research and found out about all the horrible things that go on there, so now I'm trying to gather all the information and convince her parents to take her out. I doubt it'll be easy, but I just can't sit around doing nothing.

If anyone has any links to news articles (about lawsuits, sucides, or anything) or student/parent accounts, I would be really, really grateful. They don't have to be Spring Creek specific; anything about WWASPS in general will do. I'm also looking for photographs that show the reality of Spring Creek.

Thank you.[ This Message was edited by: FarDareisMai on 2005-05-18 22:24 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 10:57:00 AM »
You can find a lot of information right here on Fornits. Just to Search WWF the menu on the left) and type in Spring Creek Lodge. You can sort through all of the posts and articles and pick the ones you feel are the most convincing. There is also a lot of information on other sites such as; ISAC, HEAL, 8th Step, kidsincaptivity and Emancipation Project. GOOD LUCK!!!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »
Also, if you want to get in touch w/ any of the people who post, let me know. I can't give out contact info, but if I have it then I can pass along your info. And if you're a kid, you might want to approach some other adults in your friend's life before dropping the bomb on the parents. If they're already convinced enough to send their kid off along w/ a large chunk of money, they probably also have some pretty weird ideas about any of the kid's friends.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

WHEN SPIDERS UNITE, THEY CAN TIE DOWN A LION  
-- Ethiopian Proverb

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 12:33:00 PM »
I don't know how well you know your friend's family but is there perhaps an aunt, uncle, grandparent or whatever who might not be so enthusiastic about the program?  The parents are more likely to listen to them than to gratuitous advice from an outsider, adult or child, who they may well think should mind their own business.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 02:36:00 PM »
get all of the info from http://www.isaccorp.org they have a ton of stuff about wwasp.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »
On 2005-05-19 09:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

I don't know how well you know your friend's family but is there perhaps an aunt, uncle, grandparent or whatever who might not be so enthusiastic about the program?

Right, and teachers, clergy, neighbors, etc. Failing that (and anything else you can think of short of all out war) you can also contact the local CYS agency and see if they'll take the case as a child abuse case.

This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it.
--John Adams, U.S. President

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 06:54:00 PM »
On 2005-05-19 09:11:00, Antigen wrote:

And if you're a kid, you might want to approach some other adults in your friend's life before dropping the bomb on the parents. If they're already convinced enough to send their kid off along w/ a large chunk of money, they probably also have some pretty weird ideas about any of the kid's friends.

Yeah. My other friends and I are going to take our information to a trusted school councilor first, and see if her parents will listen to that.

Thanks for all your help, everyone. I'll let you know how it goes.