Author Topic: Riot at IVY RIDGE - 15 arrested  (Read 14832 times)

Offline nite owl

• View Profile
Riot at IVY RIDGE - 15 arrested
« on: May 17, 2005, 11:41:00 PM »
There was a riot at Ivy Ridge - here's the newsclip:

Police called to Ivy Ridge to quell 'riot'
by David C. Shampine, Times Staff Writer
First published: Tuesday, May 17, 2005
OGDENSBURG - As many as 30 youths were reported Monday night to have escaped from Ivy Ridge Academy, the Route 37 facility which has been mired in recent months under allegations of abuse of its wards.

A source described the situation later in the night as a "riot," with an "uprising" occurring on the grounds and at least "30 kids off in the woods."

Some minor injuries, possibly from the use of fire extinguishers, were reported.

State troopers and St. Lawrence County sheriff's deputies responded to the site of former Mater Dei College after the escape was reported at 10:24 p.m., according to a police source. Ogdensburg police and the U.S. Border Patrol were also called to assist, and the Ogdensburg and Morristown rescue squads were placed on standby.

Approximately 110 residents of the facility were gathered in the gymnasium while officials were dealing with the escape, and a call went out to install extra lighting, the source said.

Ivy Ridge is a behavior modification center for troubled teens, with a staff of about 150 attending to nearly 500 residents. It recently came under a second round of investigations into allegations of physical abuse against residents. State police have been reported to have two investigations in progress.

A public relations person for Ivy Ridge said early last week that troopers report receiving about 40 calls a day from parents regarding various issues at the facility. None are of a serious nature, he said.

The state attorney general's office has investigated the facility, and in February, Children and Family Services conducted an unannounced visit there in response to physical abuse allegations
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6:30 AM News Update - Students Stage Escape From Ivy Ridge Academy

Video

STUDENTS STAGE ESCAPE FROM IVY RIDGE ACADEMY

A handful of troubled teens broke out of the Ivy Ridge Academy in Ogdensburg last night.

According to reports, the problems began last night around 10:30 PM. A fire alarm was pulled by a group of students who planned to stage a ?riot? in order to escape from the facility. In the process windows were smashed and fire extinguishers were set off.

15-teenagers were missing for a short amount of time. Fights broke out between the students attempting to escape and students who attempted to restrain them. The melee involved 30 students, 8 were taken to the hospital with minor injuries. The students involved face expulsion from the academy.

New York State police arrested 10 students and one staff member.

Neither in my private life nor in my writings, have I ever made a secret of being an out-and-out unbeliever.
--Sigmund Freud, Austrian-born psychologist

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hugakid

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »
Here's an update: (I think this covers just about everything that's out there so far)

This is the newest article with their "mugshots." Some will see delinquents when they look at their faces and will say good, they deserve it and it's good there are places like Ivy Ridge.

Then there are the people who understand and know. Know what pain and suffering these children go through in these places. They were most likely running for a very good reason. But now they have records and who knows where they'll go.

Don't doubt for one second that WWASP is going to let them go that easily, contract or not. I would bet just about anything that those kids will find their way (a) back at Ivy Ridge, or (b) in Tranquility Bay, on their faces for months to come. That's my best guess, given their track record. They traffic kids, constantly, from one place to the other.

And in TB, well, they won't have to worry about them revolting when they're locked up in some little room, faces to the ground, restrained until they scream in pain and agony each time they move, why wouldn't they keep the money flowing in for those kids?

I wonder where those boys are tonight. Those of you who pray, I'd say a prayer for them. And for the others left behind, and all kids in these places.

http://www.newswatch50.com/news/local/s ... BFCC76B986

I think this one's been posted already, but I'll put them in one place to make it easier:

Twelve Ivy Ridge Students Charged With Riot

5/17/05

All of the students involved in Monday night's uprising at Ivy Ridge Academy have been expelled. That's according to the academy's director, Jason Finlinson.

About 12 students and several staff members were injured during Monday night's melee which began when some students attempted an escape.

Ivy Ridge, a few miles west of Ogdensburg on State Route 37 is a corrective facility for troubled teenagers. Parents pay approximately $60,000 to enroll their children in the program.

The facility is on the former campus of Mater Dei College.

State Police say they were called at 10:24 last evening as Academy officials reported a disturbance involving numerous students who intentionally caused damage to the facility and attacked several staff members.

Twenty State Troopers and Investigators responded along with Sheriff's deputies, Ogdensburg City Police and the U.S. Border Patrol.

About 30 students fled the facility in an escape attempt but all were found and returned to the Academy.

State Police say their investigation revealed that the disturbance was organized and initiated by 12 students, all of whom have been charged with Riot, 1st degree along with other charges:

Dustin Kava, 17 - Riot 1st Degree, Assault 3rd, Criminal Mischief 4th
Spagnoli Etienne, 17 - Riot 1st, Criminal Possession of a Weapon 4th, Harassment 2nd
Artie Conte, 16 - Riot 1st, Criminal Mischief 2nd
Christopher Definis, 17 - Riot 1st, Criminal Mischief 4th
Vadim Soskil, 18 - Riot 1st, Disorderly Conduct
Thomas Jeon, 17 - Riot 1st, Assault 3rd
Brandon Docusen, 16 - Riot 1st, Harassment 2nd
Daniel Burke, 17 - Riot 1st, Disorderly Conduct
Quintin Pedrick, 16 - Riot 1st, Assault 3rd, Criminal Mischief 4th
All nine of the above were arraigned in town of Oswegatchie court and held in St. Lawrence County Jail in lieu of $2500 bail each.

State Police say three 15 year olds were also charged with Riot 1st, Assault 3rd and Menacing 3rd. Their names were not released. They were issued Family Court appearance tickets and returned to Ivy Ridge Academy.

All of those injured in the incident were treated at Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center and released.

State Police say the investigation continues and additional arrests are possible.

6:30 AM News Update - Students Stage Escape From Ivy Ridge Academy

Video

STUDENTS STAGE ESCAPE FROM IVY RIDGE ACADEMY

A handful of troubled teens broke out of the Ivy Ridge Academy in Ogdensburg last night.

According to reports, the problems began last night around 10:30 PM. A fire alarm was pulled by a group of students who planned to stage a â??riotâ?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »
I hope they got some get hits in on the staff while they had their chance. All I did for a year while at a WWASP gulag was dream of doing what they did. I hope they beat the crap out of the staff and jr staff. Must of felt great.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 01:21:00 PM »
I'm surprised about the expulsions.  This sends a message to the other kids that there's a quick and easy way to get out of the place.  Somthing tells me this story may repeat itself fairly soon.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »
I think that it's so interesting that people think they know so much about Ivy Ridge when half you people have never even stepped foot in the place.  Why don't you just go make up some more lies!!  Get a freaken life would ya!!!!!!!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 09:41:00 PM »
On 2005-05-18 10:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I'm surprised about the expulsions.  This sends a message to the other kids that there's a quick and easy way to get out of the place.  Somthing tells me this story may repeat itself fairly soon."

Where do you think the "expelled" kids will land up?

Boundary, n.  In political geography, an imaginary line between two nations, separating the imaginary rights of one from the imaginary rights of another.
-- Ambrose Bierce,  The Devil's Dictionary

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »
Damn! Christopher and Quintin look like they've been there a long damned time!

I do not believe in the divinity of Christ, and there are many other of the postulates of the orthodox creed to which I cannot subscribe.
--William Howard Taft, U.S. President

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »
I remember two of those guys from when I left in Feb 2004. Yea, I can definitely understand their frustration.
In the history of Ivy Ridge there has only been one "escapee" that was never found. She was on level 6 on a home pass and decided to make a break for it in NYC. They caught her and brought her back, tried to ship her to TB, but legend has it she got away from them at the airport. Mostly vague rumors, I think. I wish those kids would have made it. It is tough when the whole neighborhood is on alert for this type of stuff. Ivy Ridge is in a fairly residential area, and the woods only go so far.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »
I worked there in Feb. 2004 and I don't remember those two.  But, if they were there then they probably should start figuring out what it takes to get out of the program.  Obviously what they are doing isn't working.  As for the girl who ran away on Level 6, as far as I know she is still missing too.  Who knows how she got that far away without anybody finding her.  I remember her when she came back to the program.  She looked pretty scary.  I guess she must have just been faking her way through.

On 2005-05-20 08:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I remember two of those guys from when I left in Feb 2004. Yea, I can definitely understand their frustration.

In the history of Ivy Ridge there has only been one "escapee" that was never found. She was on level 6 on a home pass and decided to make a break for it in NYC. They caught her and brought her back, tried to ship her to TB, but legend has it she got away from them at the airport. Mostly vague rumors, I think. I wish those kids would have made it. It is tough when the whole neighborhood is on alert for this type of stuff. Ivy Ridge is in a fairly residential area, and the woods only go so far.  "

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »
Duh- everyone is faking their way through- they are terrified! You are completely clueless, or one of the FEW souls who actually believes in 'the program'. I hope you find your way out of the shadows. :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2005, 07:36:00 PM »
The kids made a mistake. What they should have done is went down to the river about 500 yds. away and got in a boat and went to Canada. Once in Canada, ask for political asylum. This would have really made the news. Canada would have been glad to see them. What a kick in the ass for the good old USA.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2005, 07:44:00 PM »
How do they get from the lock down buildings to the river? I don't think you understand the reality of how they run these places. If the kids are not physically locked in by dead bolts and such, they're under guard by staffers and the more brainwashed of their fellow inmates (and/or those w/ more to lose than the new kids)

You don't just walk away.

I tried for years to live according to everyone else's morality.
I tried to live like everyone else, to be like everyone else.
I said the right things even when I felt and thought quite differently.
And the result is a catastrophe.

---Albert Camus

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »

You don't just walk away.

---Albert Camus

"

Obviously you do just walk away when you break windows and get out right?  They did it, so it is possible.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »
No, my understanding is that they had to fight off fellow inmates and staff and then the cops and national guard showed up. I don't think there was any time for anybody to make off w/ a boat, far less get anywhere in it.

Moralizing, with the force of law or coercion, is a
far greater crime against the constitutional principles of our nation than unauthorized euphoria, regardless of the substance involved, be it chocolate or heroin.
--James

Offline nite owl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2005, 12:56:00 AM »
There should be a better way out for those who no longer want to "go along with the program." Humans can't be forced to change.  Unfortunately it's WWASPS way or no way out for them.  They have no contact with the outside world. Their only hope - their parents - are the ones who have imprisoned them privately.  WWASP uses their mind control methods on the parents as well as their children.  This is how they keep the children for so long. It's all about mind control.  They are the ultimate mind-control cult schools.  

I can understand why they did what they did. I would have done the same.  Who wouldn't?

Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its
best state is but a necessary evil ---in its worst state an
intolerable one; for when we suffer, or are exposed to the same
miseries by a government, which we might expect in a country without
government, our calamities is heightened by reflecting that we
furnish the means by which we suffer!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679433147/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Thomas Paine, Common Sense