Author Topic: Cedu ruined good music  (Read 17724 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2005, 03:22:00 PM »
Thanks for the input Shanlea and Son of Serbia.

I certainly accept what you (or anyone else) says is true in his or her own experience, unless I have reason to believe that the person involved is a liar or unable to distiguish reality from unreality.  I have no reason to believe that of either of you and I would be very skeptical of anyone who just decided that you were liars because they didn´t like your story.  That´s not what I´m about.

However, there are other people, some who I know personally, some who I´ve spoken to online, who tell a very different story about the CEDU programs they´ve been in.  I simply have to use my own best judgment there also and I don´t believe that these people act, in any aspect of their lives that I´ve seen anyway, as if they are brainwashed, bullies, or fall into any of the categories Shanlea alludes to.  

With respect, neither of you have walked in their particular shoes and I can´t see why they (or I) would just accept your interpretation, Shanlea or Son of Serbian, of their own experience. Perhaps they had different teachers or counselors, perhaps the ¨raps¨they were in were run differently, it might have been a different time period, one can think of many plausible reasons why the stories are different.

You may wonder why I care, a legitmate question.  All I´ll say at this point, although I may later be more explicit, is that I am considering invessting in a program, for reasons of wanting to help out of control kids.  Anyone who can give me info pro or con, I appreciate.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2005, 04:11:00 PM »
Should have mentioned that I am communicating with people on other forums besides this one, because it often is the case that people who feel one way or the other about something tend to congregate in different places, and it seems to me that you need to look at different groups in most situations to get the overall picture.

So Shanlea or Son of Serbia are welcome to respond if they think they want to say more, Im pretty good at not taking the bait in pointless arguments so no particular worry there. Id also like to hear from any others who want to talk about how they feel about their emotional growth school experience, in a good or in a bad and in a mixed way

Offline If u want to know..then a

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2005, 05:13:00 PM »
I heard, from a very reliable source; that there are some staff members that are putting money together to buy CEDU back.  They are trying to take it back to when the school used to help kids, instead of becoming a prodominantly medicated therapy session.  Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2005, 06:45:00 PM »
This is the anonymous poster looking for information primarily because of an investment interest in an emotional growth school.

Seems unlikely that staff persons however good they are would have the capital to do this on their own, I could be wrong if they were planning a much smaller school or have a financial source outside of their own resources though.

A model that was not so medication oriented and overall medicalized is what we´re looking at too. Bringing really good staff into the process sounds important to me, can anyone name some that you consider superior, even if you don´t like the schools they were at?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2005, 06:57:00 PM »
From the California or Idaho schools?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2005, 08:30:00 AM »
Either, it´s my understanding at least from what I´ve beem told that a lot of these teachers and counselling staff moved among the different CEDU schools over time anyway.

Offline Tonkatsu

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »
And what's your motivation?  Helping "out of control" kids?  Or making good on your investment.  And who decides which kids are "out of control"?  And exactly whose "control" are they "out of"?  Whose call will that be?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »
I can't answer for this guy but I would think that it's the parents who decide when kids are out of control, unless you think it should be the government or the kids themselves (who are unlikely to make that call if they are indeed out of control).

Also I don't see any problem with both helping others and also making good on an investment, it's called enlightened self-interest and unless you're one of the comrades here who's got a problem with capitalism, that's generally the way that a lot of positive things come into existence in this country.

It sounds like this guy has a plan, if he's sincere, I hope he pulls it off.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2005, 06:17:00 PM »
"enlightened self interest." Uh huh...what a glorious term.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »
Why the sneering tone, comrade?  Lots of good things do come out of the enlightened self-interest that you sneer at.

Maybe you've got a better system in mind, let's all go stand in line to buy scarce things like cheese or one-kind-fits-all shoes in a soviet style economy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2005, 10:23:00 PM »
Whatever makes you happy.....

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »
Why can't staff that used to work there, or might have the same "good" intentions that you talk about buy and run another school will the purpose for helping kids?  I knew a lot of staff members that I can see taking a school that was not so concerned with getting the money from parents but getting kids off the streets and things like that, that would do a GREAT job running a program designed for that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2005, 10:28:00 PM »
I mean maybe some person or persons could be independently wealthy or need very little in their live and be willing to devote themselves to a program for almost nothing, like Buddhist monks or something.

Mostly though it doesn't work that way, and a lot of good things can and do happen under a profit motive model.

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2005, 11:56:00 AM »
I didn't say they would't charge for the school... ::bangin::  I said that wouldn't be their alterior motive!  Why is that so hard for someone who isn't a Buddist Monk!  What do you plan on using for motivation?  Parents' money, or the dying need to help out kids who think they have no where else to turn, or have choose the wrong path for far too long?[ This Message was edited by: If u want to know..then ask on 2005-06-14 08:58 ]

Offline Tonkatsu

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2005, 12:41:00 PM »
Having worked for a number of extremely successful non profits over the years, I can assure you that the "for profit " route is NOT the only way to be successful.

"Non profits" are businesses, many with significant budgets. Simply stated, their main motivation is to provide a humanitarian service, not to make a profit. And they are accountable as such.