Author Topic: Cedu ruined good music  (Read 17566 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« on: May 16, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »
Cedu totally ruined john lennon music for me. I used to listen to him all the time. Now if i hear one of his songs it just brings back bad memories...does any one feel the same?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 06:01:00 PM »
I am with you.    CEDU trashed alot of music.

Offline If u want to know..then a

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 06:12:00 PM »
I think for TRUE artists, or people who truly love music, one place can't ruin it.  You can, by always associating the school with these songs.  Truth is, a lot of us heard these songs WAY before we got sent to the school.  One common ground that I think links a lot of people on here is the fact that most can't get over CEDU and move on with their lives.  It's almost as if going to CEDU is an excuse for people to not care about themselves, because they were sent away.  Whatever the reason, it gives people an open door out of being responsible for their own lives, and they can always blame their mistakes after CEDU on CEDU.

Offline tiffanyL

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »
I went to Cedu 7 years ago.  Back then they played nothing but Enya.  Everytime I hear her I think back to the days I was trapped there!  I hate it.

Offline Oppositional Defiance

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 08:06:00 PM »
On 2005-05-16 15:12:00, If u want to know..then ask wrote:

"I think for TRUE artists, or people who truly love music, one place can't ruin it.  You can, by always associating the school with these songs.  Truth is, a lot of us heard these songs WAY before we got sent to the school.  One common ground that I think links a lot of people on here is the fact that most can't get over CEDU and move on with their lives.  It's almost as if going to CEDU is an excuse for people to not care about themselves, because they were sent away.  Whatever the reason, it gives people an open door out of being responsible for their own lives, and they can always blame their mistakes after CEDU on CEDU.  "

This sounds a lot like the blame-the-victim abuse mentality I saw at CEDU. Being able to talk about their experiences here is for a lot of people the closest thing they will get to psychotherapy for what was done to them in the formative, vulnerable periods of their relatively early years in life. I think the problem here is not that such people do not care about themselves, but that not enough people care about them!
HAH!
Stuff that in your pipe and shove it up your ass!
ppositional Defiance,
AKA
Black Francis the 2nd
Email- [email protected]
Phone- 727-743-1914

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »
I disagree. I know a lot of people who dabble on this site have moved on in terms of having productive lives and loving relationships, and don't use CEDU as a excuse mechanism.  Having said that,CEDU was a psychologically damaging place that exacted a huge impact for the reasons stated by Oppositional. We were sent there at a critical stage of our development.  For some of us, once we left, we never spoke of it because we knew no "civilian" would understand this experience. So for us, we never had an opportunity to really digest this freak show and this forum provides that outlet.
hanlea

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 12:30:00 PM »
No one is downing this forum or what people have gone through.  Truth is, that if that is how you feel Oppositional, then yes, maybe I do need to shove something in my pipe, but I sure as hell will not shove it up my ass.  It sounds like you never got the chance to grow up or something.  I was simply giving my opinion.  That is what this forum is about right?!  People being able to voice how they feel.  Well, that is what I am doing on here.  I have a TON of friends from that place that do not see things as bad in their lives because they went to a school.  I guess when you talk about abuse, I have to wonder WHAT abuse means to you.  I come from a past of abuse, and I don't consider being at a emotional growth boarding school as abuse.  Yes, some of the things they did was terrible, but honestly at the end of the day when you got to sit with your friends and listen to some mellow music, that was my favorite part!  But hey, to each their own right?  But maybe Oppositional, if you are going to be righteous with someone and use the word CARE while you are doing it, maybe you should take your own advice and come off, and little more....CARING!! Hee hee!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »
On 2005-05-18 08:03:00, shanlea wrote:

"I disagree. I know a lot of people who dabble on this site have moved on in terms of having productive lives and loving relationships, and don't use CEDU as a excuse mechanism.  Having said that,CEDU was a psychologically damaging place that exacted a huge impact for the reasons stated by Oppositional. We were sent there at a critical stage of our development.  For some of us, once we left, we never spoke of it because we knew no "civilian" would understand this experience. So for us, we never had an opportunity to really digest this freak show and this forum provides that outlet.  "

That is exactly how i feel...i couldnt have put it better myself

Offline Nightstalker

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »
Smushing was the best part of the day for you? I cant beleive that. Sugar cereal by far was the best thing going for that school. Mmmm captain crunch.
.S.D.Q

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 04:01:00 PM »
Well Steenblock, no one said SMUSHING!  I said I enjoyed the mellow music and SITTING with friends!  Smushing was where you laid on people...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 06:57:00 PM »
CEDU didn't ruin the artists...Bob Dylan is still the shit. But if a Bob Dylan propheet song comes on, I have to turn it off. Even if it's a song I loved before. Oh and smooshing? Smooshing was chill and all, but what the fuck was up with handing out workies to kids who refused to do it.

CEDU might've been a shitty place to be from ages 15 to 18, but if you've got problems these days, those are your problems...can't blame them on CEDU. There are places much worse that you could've spent those 3 years, and I'm not just limiting that statement to things like juvy or lockdown. Think about it.

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »
Maybe, I was saying it wrong, but that is all I was saying.  LOL...I think people are taking what already happened and using that to live their life.  Your past really doesn't make you who you are...your future does..  :grin:

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »
My bad, that second to last post was mine...forgot to log in.
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »
what didn't cedu ruin?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu ruined good music
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 02:31:00 PM »
CEDU didn't ruin anyone who wasn't on the highway to ruin in the first place, if you're still blaming your high school for your life a decade after leaving who knows who can  help you.

Did I go there: No. But my girlfriend and a bunch of her friends went to RMA and NWA and I never heard any of the nonsense "Oh it's like a concentration camp" "Torture victim" " All my friends from there died because of the school".  

B as in B; S as in S.

"Opposition Defiance" (isn't that precious?, is it true you're in the military down south or something?  Does your CO know about your threats and other objectionable activities at this forum? Cause I hear that people know who you are, from your posts and from real life