Author Topic: Peninsula Village  (Read 44331 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Re: Peninsula Village
« Reply #270 on: October 02, 2008, 02:49:28 PM »
Hey! Check out the PV Shuffle longtime PV staffer Lauren Messer is doing in this video!  Notice she has to sit down to dance.  Shake it up, girl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSe4Ot35_VQ
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 02, 2008, 02:59:39 PM »
LOL!

Shake for me, girl!  I wanna be yo' backdoor man!  Uh!  Gotta whole lotta butt!  Whole lotta butt!

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 02, 2008, 07:23:10 PM »
Quote from: "ZenAgent"
Hey! Check out the PV Shuffle longtime PV staffer Lauren Messer is doing in this video!  Notice she has to sit down to dance.  Shake it up, girl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSe4Ot35_VQ
Great find zen! She also has a bunch of photos on her facebook page, here's a link to one of her holding a dog named "Delilah":
http://http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v140/120/37/9405076/n9405076_35596506_985.jpg
If you look at some of the other vids from that youtube account there is one guy (they call him "Scott" in a description) that I photographed at the protest. One of those girls may have been there too.
<&/PV>
[size=85]"that protester guy is still coming"[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2009, 07:03:45 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
The point Zen is that you dont know Dominic's situation and you slander him by your words. I hope you get suid! You have no right to bring his name into your forum. And if you are so unhappy with your step daughters treatment, then remove her from PV. But wait! You don't have custody do you? Wonder why?

I know Hawranke personally, and think that all this bullshit going around on the forums and internet should really just stop. It has been several years, he's done his time. Let things disipate? Every time you put his name out there it just brings up the past. Daily Progress no longer has anything published on the net about him. He works hard, and deserves to have his privacy back. I think it's fine that you express your opinions about PV, but leave names out of it. The point of PV is to get your life back on track, and this bullshit on the net really doesn't help that, don't you think?? You should think twice before mindlessly chatting about someone else's life. It's immature. Assholes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2009, 09:47:45 PM »
Bringing up a year-old thread on Fornits to tell people not to attack someone is either an act of trolling or suicidal.

C'mon. You know what happens next here, right?

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 27, 2009, 12:58:43 AM »
No, but maybe you can enlighten us?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 27, 2009, 09:53:23 AM »
Quote from: "kiki23220"
You should think twice before mindlessly chatting about someone else's life. It's immature. Assholes.

As has been noted here, PV staff pull old patient files and read from them during group therapy sessions, no names redacted.  Has someone censored information about this Harwhatever guy?

This forum isn't fucking up his life, I'm sure.  Programs like PV drive the notion of accountability home with the kids, so why bitch about one of the program's key elements?  What's the old programee mantra they spout here?

"Deal with it.  Get over yourself and move on."  

The young man will be accountable all his life, trying to hide his past because his family is wealthy is just enabling.  If he's truly doing better, he'll have to come to terms with his situation.   Cleaning it up and trying to hide it will j

Besides, I thought he was only mentioned because he was homicidal and that went against the program's admission policy.  Didn't see him particularly dragged through the mud like a lot of other peeps.  You're being a bit thin-skinned.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 27, 2009, 12:38:24 PM »
http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2006 ... osive.aspx

NEWS- Explosive: Details sketchy in school plot
By LISA PROVENCE
Published February 9, 2006 in issue 0506 of the Hook

Details remain sparse about the actual threat Albemarle police feared when they announced February 3 the arrest of three county students for allegedly planning "violent acts" at Western Albemarle and Albemarle high schools.

And while police did not release the names because the suspects are juveniles, the identities of the boys-- who police said had plans to damage the schools before the end of the year-- have not remained a secret in the community.

Each of the teens-- a 16-year-old from Western Albemarle, a 15-year-old from Albemarle High, and a 13-year-old from Jouett-- is charged with two felonies and is being held without bond at Blue Ridge Juvenile Detention.

Parents of two of the boys contacted by the Hook expressed shock but declined to comment. The father of the Albemarle High student told the Richmond Times-Dispatch his son is a good kid with a large heart.

"I firmly believe he never has and never would hurt anybody," says the stunned parent. "We have no idea what evidence they have against my son."

Chief John Miller reported that three computers and two shotguns were seized with search warrants, but he declined to comment when asked if explosives were found.

The alleged plot was reported by a "confidential source" January 30, according to Miller, and had been discussed in an Internet chat room. Miller refused to say whether the source was a parent or another student. He urged members of the community to report people they know who want to hurt themselves or others.

Authorities also decline to say whether the phenomenally popular Myspace.com was the scene of the alleged threats. MySpace.com, which boasts nearly 43 million members, is blocked at Albemarle schools, and has been banned from school systems across the country because of its potential for inappropriate behavior.

Most recently, Connecticut police believe at least seven teens who were sexually assaulted met their attackers on MySpace.com.

"It's very important for parents to get involved with their children and what they're doing on the computer," advised Chief Miller at the press conference. And Western Albemarle High plans a program titled "Internet uses and abuses" for February 23.

On the MySpace.com profile of one of the suspects, friends posted their reactions to his arrest. Writes one, "You're one of the most awesome people I ever met. I miss you! I'm praying for you! Everything will be okay."

The Western Albemarle student was arrested January 31 and charged with communicating a threat to kill or do bodily harm to another and persuading another to commit a felony.

The two other students are charged with conspiring to commit murder and to use an explosive device to destroy a schoolhouse. The 15-year-old was arrested February 1 and the 13-year-old the next day. Two of the students live in the same neighborhood, according to police.

Details of the nature of the threats were not released, but the threats did not entail a hit-list of names, according to police. One source says simultaneous attacks on Western and Albemarle high were planned.

School officials announced the arrests to students and the media February 3 and mailed letters home to parents.

"Everyone was a little shaken up," says Western sophomore Sarah Teplitzky. "I haven't seen anyone going to guidance or crying. I don't think anybody's freaked out."

As for a potential Columbine scenario here, "A lot of people doubted it could happen," Teplitzky says. "Then we read in the news they found guns and plans."

Jouett Middle School principal Dave Rogers reports that students were "a bit subdued" returning to school February 6. "We've had-- not a lot, but a little bit of parents' questions coming in," says Rogers. "Attendance was good."

Two of the youths attended a detention hearing February 3, and all three remain in state custody. They'll appear in court again February 22, and the prosecution has not decided whether they'll be charged as adults, according to Albemarle Commonwealth's Attorney Jim Camblos. "The Commonwealth would oppose any bond," says Camblos. "These are very serious charges."

If convicted as juveniles, all three could face incarceration until age 21.

Camblos commends the rapid response by the police department.

And Albemarle schools Superintendent Pam Moran said, "We believe cooperation with police helped us preempt a very violent act inside the school."

However, with authorities releasing so few details, some citizens wonder whether the youths were serious.

Waldo Jaquith, a former student at Western Albemarle, says he's followed preemptive arrests since Columbine. "Usually kids are making idle threats-- almost always," he says.

"I sympathize with law enforcement and school officials," he adds. "I appreciate their caution."

But he recalls wanting to blow up his school with a rocket when he was in the sixth grade-- and drawing up plans to do so. "It was an idle threat," he says. "I was mad."

Part of Jaquith's skepticism about the threats comes from the lack of information. He cites the example of frequent news reports of "a mysterious white powder" being found in courthouses that "inevitably turns out to be cleaning powder."

And he'd like to know more about the two shotguns. Did they belong to the parents, or did the kids have them without the parents' knowledge?

If explosive materials were found, Jaquith sees a big difference between a bottle rocket or a can of gasoline for the lawnmower-- and C4, a plastic explosive.

"I would feel more confident with more information," he says.

"We believe it's a viable threat," says Miller.

Jaquith summarizes the dilemma of living in a zero-tolerance, post-9/11 world: "It's just been criminalized to be a stupid kid. But if they were doing something wrong, I'm glad they caught 'em."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 27, 2009, 12:57:57 PM »
and plenty about Hawranke in the Richmond Times Dispatch Archives. It'll cost you though.

Dispatch - Richmond, Va.
Author:    CARLOS SANTOS
Date:    Apr 13, 2006
Start Page:    B.1
Section:    AREA/STATE
Text Word Count:    727

Newsom, who was an Albemarle County High School student, could be held in juvenile detention until he is 21. But Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court Judge Susan L. Whitlock ordered a review of Newsom's case next month.

[Eileen Ryan] described Newsom as a "kind and empathetic" person who tried to befriend [Dominic Hawranke], who was a loner without friends. Ryan said that she didn't believe Newsom had any intention of carrying out the plot.

Newsom drew national publicity when he filed suit in September 2002 against the Albemarle school system after a school official asked him to turn his National Rifle Association T-shirt inside out. Newsom, an eighth-grader at Jack Jouett at the time, wore a shirt that showed three men shooting shotguns at clay targets. School officials worried that could be viewed as depicting violent acts.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 27, 2009, 02:37:03 PM »
Were staff at Peninsula Village gay or sexual predators?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 27, 2009, 05:43:30 PM »
Of course staff is gay. How do you think we can treat homosexuals and turn them into normal, happy, white, productive members of the community? This is a very, VERY stupid question. Get with the program!

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 28, 2009, 07:57:13 AM »
Quote from: "kiki23220"
Quote from: "Guest"
The point Zen is that you dont know Dominic's situation and you slander him by your words. I hope you get suid! You have no right to bring his name into your forum. And if you are so unhappy with your step daughters treatment, then remove her from PV. But wait! You don't have custody do you? Wonder why?

I know Hawranke personally, and think that all this bullshit going around on the forums and internet should really just stop. It has been several years, he's done his time. Let things disipate? Every time you put his name out there it just brings up the past. Daily Progress no longer has anything published on the net about him. He works hard, and deserves to have his privacy back. I think it's fine that you express your opinions about PV, but leave names out of it. The point of PV is to get your life back on track, and this bullshit on the net really doesn't help that, don't you think?? You should think twice before mindlessly chatting about someone else's life. It's immature. Assholes.

It is a shame this topic had to be brought to the front page again. I understand that Dominic went through close to two years of PV and is doing well. I agree, he does deserve to have his privacy back. In his case PV was an attractive alternative to jail. PV accepted him against their admissions policy, but what is their admissions policy? My experience with PV is that they will admit and treat a patient according to the wishes of the parent who is paying for it. In other words...what kind of patient does PV admit? Any patient whose parent can pay the tuition.

Offline D.Hawranke

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 17, 2011, 10:00:56 PM »
It's very frustrating to still find my name on the internet.  But it's even more frustrating to listen to people talk about me that have never met me!  How can you judge a book by it's cover?  The news papers said what ever they wanted about me to sell more copies, but most of it was lies.  I am not a violent person by any means!  I have tryed to hide my past very hard, but every time my name is posted on here it gets that much harder.  I just want a normal life.  I know what I did was wrong, and I am VERY sorry to everyone for what happened.  The reality of it all is that I was just a kid that wanted attention, and I found it by making disturbing comments to others.  PV took me in because they knew I was not violent just very depressed, if they would of turned me away I would be dead by now.  The main reason that I am posting on here is to ask anyone who used my name to delete it please.  If you dont want to remove your post can you please just change my name to DH.  The news papers are long gone and turning yellow now, but the internet will not go away.  I want to live a life were my future family, friends or employers dont find my name on here causing problems.  Thank you D.H.