Author Topic: Peninsula Village  (Read 44485 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Re: Peninsula Village
« Reply #240 on: August 25, 2008, 01:05:31 AM »
PV Hocus Focus:

"Other than your manipulations, we are having difficulty noticing you,"

Jibby Redfield/Adam McLain, 2006.

That's a great affirmation for a teenager, isn't it?

Like goddamn Lennon and McCartney, Jibby and Adam were.  It's a shame PV broke up their act, but I hope there's never a reunion...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 25, 2008, 02:17:03 AM »
Quote from: "Fight2Survive"
FOCUSes:

You call bereavement social anxiety...You call neediness agitation...How sad that your emotions confuse you so.

You are not 12 and your mother has passed away. When will you truly deal with this!

GOODBYE AND GOOD LUCK

The sick melodies of Redfield and McClain.  Those comments are sadistic, especially with the flippant tone.  I hope you wished them 'luck' with a capital "F".

A psychiatrist friend gave me this rule of thumb:  What looks like wrong, unethical, and abusive treatment to you as a parent will look wrong, unethical, and abusive to any ethical mental health professional.  What was the intent of those focuses, other than to worsen your trauma?  And why were you in PV, a program called a  "last ditch" effort before entering the penal system?  PV needs to clarify the nature of their program:  is it a private, lock-down juvie hall for rich teenage rapists, Columbine wannabes and pyromaniacs?  A restrictive wilderness BM program for "treatment resistant" kids?  Or a therapeutic boarding school for kids with anorexia, ADD, and depression?  PV claims to be any of the above types of RTC based on what it takes to sell a parent and admits all of the types of kids mentioned above and mixes them in the same treatment milieu, utilizing "peer-on-peer" based treatment.  In a peer conflict situation, who's going to annihilate the other:  A violent rapist convicted as an adult who sodomized his victim with a baseball bat, or a teen suffering from deep depression following the loss of a parent?

That's not an exaggeration. The violent and the anorexic, the homicidal and the depressed, all shoulder- to-shoulder and receiving identical treatment. Don't think the counselors will intervene to stop peer on peer abuse - the staff is there to "break down" the patients.  A predatory sociopath humiliating and abusing his weaker peers will be rewarded by staff for "confronting" the labile patients.  The clinical staff always rely on the "break them down" treatment, regardless of what the patient's needs are.  Fight2Survive's "focuses" show the treatment team's inability to deviate from the program's abusive methodology, and they display all the compassion and treatment skills of Nazi guards in dealing with a teen grieving the loss of a mother.

It should be no surprise PV's post-treatment relapse and re-hospitalization rate is high.  It's become so embarrassingly bad PV is making parents and their recently discharged kids attend relapse prevention sessions.   The efficacy of the sessions is not important to PV, avoiding legal liability for malpractice is the real motivation.  When a PV alumnus relapses, PV calls it a "natural consequence", which means the parents did something wrong post-PV.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 25, 2008, 11:16:59 AM »
I'd take it a step further dude. Is it any surprise PV grads, victims, survivors, and what not have a whole new set of issues on top of their old ones upon graduation? I'd wager to say that in most cases the kids come out more fucked up than when they went in. I saw plenty of kids come into 3 springs with problems like a bad temper and leave with issues like suicide attempts, cutting, and violent assaults on other kids.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 25, 2008, 12:18:05 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
I'd take it a step further dude. Is it any surprise PV grads, victims, survivors, and what not have a whole new set of issues on top of their old ones upon graduation? I'd wager to say that in most cases the kids come out more fucked up than when they went in. I saw plenty of kids come into 3 springs with problems like a bad temper and leave with issues like suicide attempts, cutting, and violent assaults on other kids.

Definitely, yeah.  My step daughter discovered cutting at PV.  Luckily she didn't get heavily into it.  It's deviant peer influence. PV mixes Pitbulls and Poodles.  When my step daughter was pried from PV's clutches, she admitted to being curious about the drugs some of her peers had raved about in group therapy - not good, considering her description of these peers as "affluent addicts" prone to turning tricks and beating their moms for a little scratch.  Since my kid didn't have any CD issues when she entered PV, I asked what she learned from Pegler's incessant drug addiction groups and the AA 12-step shuffle.  She said she learned not to buy Mexican weed because it has Paraquat on it, and she should buy American.  Seriously, one of Big Bob's drug brochures advised the kids that if they were going to smoke pot, they need to avoid Mexican brown shitweed because it's sprayed with Paraquat.

$100,000+ a year for this kind of "widely acclaimed" drug treatment.  No wonder PV parents refuse to blame the program when their kids come home and go off the rails - they can't acknowledge the thought of pissing away the cost of a few college tuitions or new cars without twitching like Tourette victims.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 25, 2008, 12:24:05 PM »
To bad the federal and state mandates for the Least Restrictive environment rulings by the Supreme court(can't remember the exact details) can't be brought into play. Considering the whole poodles and pitbulls scenario you've painted.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 25, 2008, 12:24:13 PM »
To bad the federal and state mandates for the Least Restrictive environment rulings by the Supreme court(can't remember the exact details) can't be brought into play. Considering the whole poodles and pitbulls scenario you've painted.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 25, 2008, 01:23:49 PM »
Seriously, one of Big Bob's drug brochures advised the kids that if they were going to smoke pot, they need to avoid Mexican brown shitweed because it's sprayed with Paraquat.
Well at least she learned something useful there amidst the bullshit... can't say I learned anything that useful at Straight, Inc.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 25, 2008, 02:43:21 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
Seriously, one of Big Bob's drug brochures advised the kids that if they were going to smoke pot, they need to avoid Mexican brown shitweed because it's sprayed with Paraquat.
Well at least she learned something useful there amidst the bullshit... can't say I learned anything that useful at Straight, Inc.

PENINSULA CHARGED A 100 LARGE FOR THAT MINOR WISDOM?  That's all you had to tell me.  Put me on the road for $75K per annum and I'll enlighten the substance-curious youth of America with an assload of knowledge.  I'll teach them how to tell good hash from sage ripoff by eye.  We'll review the advantages of low pressure sodium grow lamps over any other spectrum, study the importance of timers, and demystify the process of sexing up your plants.  

I've finally got a fucking career that's the joy of my existence, not just a job. Helping the youth, tomorrow's future, and stacking paper up at the same time.  Only in America!  Thank you, Mr. Jesus!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 25, 2008, 03:20:53 PM »
And remember kids:  weed didn't put you in a program, your asshole parents did.  Which should you give up, weed or the asshole parents?  Good choice, now let us raise a burnt offering up.

Offline Kreflo

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 25, 2008, 04:39:47 PM »
Evertime I drive my kids out on a TA I teach them lil hotentots all about the fine points of growin Ethiopian Shim Sham.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 25, 2008, 06:28:12 PM »
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O6AoXROoN0

THEY SAY SIDNEY POITIER WAS A BUH-LIND MAN, UH-HUH.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 25, 2008, 07:25:40 PM »
Quote from: "Josephus"

You mean Sidney Potter

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 25, 2008, 08:46:26 PM »
Quote from: "Grandad"

You mean Sidney Potter
No, he didn't.  ::unhappy:: ::evil::

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 25, 2008, 09:24:21 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
Quote from: "Grandad"

You mean Sidney Potter
No, he didn't.  ::unhappy:: ::evil::

Hows about we let Delboy settle this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC-MQ8_AbsQ

and now lets get back on topic...

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 25, 2008, 09:28:43 PM »
Keep your telly trimmed and burning.