Author Topic: Former prisoners turned guards  (Read 2088 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former prisoners turned guards
« on: May 12, 2005, 01:00:00 PM »
For all you who have been at a WWASP gulag... ever notice how many staff were ex-students. These people were so fucking weird and just totally gone mentally. They had no connection with the real world, and usually were the ones who grew up in the facility- the ones who had been there since they were 13 or 14. They can never leave... so they become staff. Some kids stay for the 18 year old program and never go home. Imagine sending your kid to a behavior modification program and having him never come home... I'm sure this is some parents wet dream.

No debate about whether programs are justified. They are not. They never will be. If you believe they are, you need to expand your understanding of the world. It's cruel, and only perpetuates the problems which our society is dealing with.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »
On 2005-05-12 10:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"For all you who have been at a WWASP gulag... ever notice how many staff were ex-students.

That's also a Synanon holdover. And it's one of the main reasons why WWASP will never bring itself into line w/ the more commonly accepted reality.

One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.
--Thomas Brackett Reed

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 07:31:00 PM »
I remeber when I was at CCm there was this one staff memeber who was a grad from a long time back. she wasnt distant or anything but she was a total bitch! I hated her so much! She acted like she was so much better than us all and treated us like we were trash. She acted like she had our number or somehting and basically looked at us like we were lying manipulative creeps. Then again, alot of people from the program looked at us like that, so I guess she wasnt the only one. But she was the onyl staff member who was an ex program kid.
Amanda

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 08:54:00 PM »
That's one difference between the Seed/Straight (SS {and not for nothin!})model and WWASP. I don't know how they qualify most of the staff. They do seem to posess a consistent set of qualities, so someone or maybe just momentum is qualifying them. But SS staff were virtually all drawn from the client and parent groups. Parent staff could be office people and executives, intake coordinators and other similar roles. All of the client staff were Program graduates; all but the seniors were recent ones. Many days, the only time we saw an adult was on the way too and from the building and then only coincidentally at the host home.

So where do most of WWASP staff come from? What's their common background? We know a little about the owners. What about the employees?

Here's one I do know about. Amberly Knight was director at Dundee for a couple of months. In her testimony in WWASP v PURE she says she was a BYU graduate working in the D.C. area (can't remember, offhand, what field) She was friends w/ one of the Lichfields or someone else notable (again, I'd have to look it up). So she'd heard nothing of WWASP but that it was the Cadilac of RTCs. 4 months later, she resigned and agreed to testify against them.

That's unusual. What's the more usual story?

Guard with jealous attention the public Liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that Jewel. Unfortunately, Nothing will Preserve it but downright Force. Whenever you Give Up that Force, you are ruined.....The Great Object is that every man be armed.....Everyone who is able may have a gun.
Anonymity Anonymous
return undef() if /coercion/i;

Offline Angola Cheeba

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »
Im sure theres an add in the paper
"Are you a power hungry abuser? Do you love it when you can do anything to young kids and they cant do a damn thing about it? Then (insert program name here) is the right place for you!"

Just kidding (sort of). I asked some of the staff at CCM why they wanted to work there and some of them saw an add in the paper and applied. Not sure what the qualifications were or what the hiring process is. Alot of them were locals. They have a high turnover rate though. Probably because those who catch on to the hypocracy and the corruption and arent corrupt themselves cant handle it. I remeber the coolest staff at CCm was a lady named Berine. She quit a while ago cuz she hated Ron garret, the director, and she was tired of the corruption and the way they treated her.

Amanda
\'homme est ne\'libre et partout il est dans les fers.
Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains.
Jean-Jacques Rousseau
--------------------------------------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 04:45:00 AM »
On 2005-05-23 17:54:00, Antigen wrote:

"She was friends w/ one of the Lichfields or someone else notable (again, I'd have to look it up). So she'd heard nothing of WWASP but that it was the Cadilac of RTCs."

A friend of the Lichfields, eh!  You know, I've been wondering whether Karleen Farnsworth might be extended kin of the WWASP Farnsworths.  If she is then there must be a bit of a family rift by now.  :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 05:38:00 PM »
On 2005-05-23 20:57:00, Angola Cheeba wrote:

"Im sure theres an add in the paper

"Are you a power hungry abuser? Do you love it when you can do anything to young kids and they cant do a damn thing about it? Then (insert program name here) is the right place for you!"

I asked some of the staff at CCM why they wanted to work there and some of them saw an add in the paper and applied.  "

Hehe, thanks for the laugh. As for the second quote, it was the exact same thing at Spring Creek. The entire labor pool was just taken from the local population of Thompson Falls, MT. Some labor was kids who had stayed in the 18 year old program and then ended up working for spring creek. They are the 'lifers' as I like to call them. The turnover rate was very high at SCL too... and if we ever had a descent staff member start working there- they would always get fired. Can't have staff standing up for the students..  :roll: Nobody had any qualifications... what would they need them for anyways, it wasn't a psychiatric or treatment facility. Do they offer degrees in manipulative emotional transformation these days?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »
I think thats why it was hard for me at first to realize the truth about the program. Some staff people were really genuinly nice. (didnt stay long though, like you said anon.) They seemed like they actually cared about the kids. But if they really cared, they would be rioting outside the doors and causing civil disobedience at the ghastly things happening inside those white walls.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 09:10:00 PM »
Or they could be genuinely nice but very misguided people. I certainly didn't know what I was looking at and what I was doing to people when I was on my higher phases. The one time I remember having an inkling, I realized I couldn't do anything about it but split. So, split I did.

May your days be joyfully challenging and your words artfully true
-- Ginger Warbis SMA, `00