Author Topic: My Book the Demon and the Monk  (Read 28423 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My Book the Demon and the Monk
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »
the only to with your surname on the list are:
Grant    Lynda    Edmonton    2283    Chartered Psychologists Practicing
Grant    Pamela    San Francisco    1111    Chartered Psychologists Non Practicing
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »
On 2005-05-12 08:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I wasn't claiming Stockholm Syndrom simply because you like it there, but I reasoned it out. Things are not black or white (for me). Your parents were obviously NOT mainstream if they got into that. Regardless of their degrees. What research are you getting your info from?? There is actually research to the contrary, that harsh places like that do NOT work, instead family therapy at home is recommended. Or are you just quoting someone with an agenda. There is no research proving AA is any better than anything else either. The majority of people actually have been shown to get better *all by themselves* over time. People in a cult absolutely cannot accept this information though, it would destroy them. So truth be damned."

I agree, because Professor Kalant, Medical doctor and Pharmacologist, former Head of Toronto's school of pharmacology (and almost always used by the prosecution in major drug trials) acknowledges that AA based programs are HIGHLY SELF SELECTIVE and their stats questionable.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »
On 2005-05-12 17:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-05-12 08:19:00, demonandmonk wrote:

"

On 2005-05-12 07:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

Well so you're saying you'd rather get treatment even descending from a program created my INSANE CHILD ABUSERS than, say, treatment that was created by real psychologists with a method that has been researched and that is accepted by mainstream therapists, along with society. Why would you choose that one over the other?? Because you were there? Ever hear of the syndrome where you come to love your abusers? "

You mean Real Psychologist like my father, a Ph.d? Or how about my mother, an MSc. Ch. Psych. Both were involed from the inception. You don't get more mainstream than them. As far as choosing one method over another, the Government of Alberta has struggled for over 20 years with helping adolescents get sober using 28 day programs, day programs etc. Now they are holding up AARC as the example for the future because most of the almost 300 clients are doing well, living very independently of AARC and contributing to society, drug free. The Corrections Centre for youth where I volunteer is full kids who have been through the regular facilities, here, in other provinces and in the US. In 13 years sober, I have met only a handfull of kids who got sober, stayed sober from going through your idea of accepted methodolgy. AARC uses AA aaproved material, the kids go through all 12 steps, (not 7 like KIDS), get help with schooling (teachers are on staff), help with jobs, family counselling, etc.

Talk to former Kids prisoners who have seen AARC or worked there and ask what they think. The ones I know say it is incredibly different from Kids. Do they have Stockholm Syndrome as well?

AARC certainly worked for me. Prison didn't. Family counselling and individual therapy didn't. I find it interesting that people who are against AARC always claim supporters have Stockholm Syndrome, and thus cannot be trusted, yet those against are perfectly rational.

http://www.demonandmonk.com"

Now your last name is Grant, right?

http://www.cap.ab.ca/PPA/Registry.asp?v ... 1&Run=True

Which of the only two registrants with the Alberta College of Psychologists is your father, by the way, or your mother?????

Like, Dean Vause holds himself out as a psychologist but doesn't have the credentials.  So how do we know you are telling us the truth?

Name them.

"

its in the booooook..........

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »
and I said earlier, my mother died 18 months ago....and it was my step-father I was referring to, and his name is obviously different....but I call him my dad.

http://www.demonandmonk.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2005, 10:11:00 PM »
On 2005-05-12 18:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

"and I said earlier, my mother died 18 months ago....and it was my step-father I was referring to, and his name is obviously different....but I call him my dad.

Ahah!
So your natural parents were separated/ divorced/or your father was deceased.  Now, tell me again, why was it that you got into using drugs in the first place?  depression? anxiety? rebellion?  mental illness? self medication?  low self-esteem?  Or just because you were a self-centered no-good low life that AARC would cure?
Do tell, as I'm not inclined to buy the book geven the poor job of promotion that you have done.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »
On 2005-05-12 19:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"and I said earlier, my mother died 18 months ago....and it was my step-father I was referring to, and his name is obviously different....but I call him my dad.

Ahah!

So your natural parents were separated/ divorced/or your father was deceased.  Now, tell me again, why was it that you got into using drugs in the first place?  depression? anxiety? rebellion?  mental illness? self medication?  low self-esteem?  Or just because you were a self-centered no-good low life that AARC would cure?

Do tell, as I'm not inclined to buy the book geven the poor job of promotion that you have done."

and your step-father's name is.............

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2005, 11:39:00 PM »

"

Ahah!

Do tell, as I'm not inclined to buy the book geven the poor job of promotion that you have done."

:sad:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2005, 11:40:00 PM »
On 2005-05-12 19:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

Ahah!

and your step-father's name is............."

.......in the book....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »
Notice how everything is "in the book" EXCEPT for any questions about what got him into drugs etc and how his family life may have been stressful.

Demon, why is it so hard to admit that you are not a selfish asshole?? I hope your book doesnt perpetuate this abuse onto other families....

:sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:

Offline demonandmonk

• View Profile
    • http://www.demonandmonk.com
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2005, 08:20:00 AM »
On 2005-05-13 11:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Notice how everything is "in the book" EXCEPT for any questions about what got him into drugs etc and how his family life may have been stressful.

Demon, why is it so hard to admit that you are not a selfish asshole?? I hope your book doesnt perpetuate this abuse onto other families....

"

Actually there is plenty in the book about how my family life was stressful, and you can decide what contributed to my drug use. I'm pretty candid about it.
I really don't think that I am a selfish asshole - though I was pretty selfish while I was using. You have to be to commit the crimes that I did. I am not today. I volunteer, takse care of my family, imediate and extended, and share my story in spite of the cynicism and rage that gets thrown my way.
Thanks for your interest!

Dave

ww.demonandmonk.com

Offline demonandmonk

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2005, 05:44:00 PM »
On 2005-05-12 13:02:00, Mel wrote:

"You were not with AARC for long while I was there. I have only a little recollection of you which includes that talk with you in your office, one talk with you in the kitchen, breifly some raps and what you wore, chickens, the job you went on to when you left, your girlfriend (wife?) and your mom. I remember Andrew and Mr. G restraining A*r*l and I think that you may have still worked there at the time."

I did some asking around, and there wasn't anyone named "mel" or "Mylitta" who was in AARC while I was there. I like the name though!

Mylitta:Sumerian Goddess of Moon and Fertility.
She can turn flowing water and Heavenly Fire into Sexual Energy.

Dave

ww.demonandmonk.com

Offline Mel

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2005, 12:10:00 AM »
Yes, that's right because I had a legal name change. In fact according to the records the client who you knew died in 1998 and her social insurance number has been reassigned.

Mylitta is indeed a great name, and it was in the "M" section of a name book.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2005, 09:05:00 AM »
Demon and Monk, the story of a guy who can't think for himself.

Offline demonandmonk

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »
On 2005-06-27 06:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Demon and Monk, the story of a guy who can't think for himself."

I sure hope you have read the book. But my guess is you have not.

ww.demonandmonk.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »
Nope, sure haven't.