Author Topic: cross creek manor  (Read 8932 times)

Offline laurabk

• View Profile
cross creek manor
« on: April 30, 2005, 02:55:00 PM »
It's been about 2 years since I got out of that place and I still think about it every damn day. I remember the feelings I would wake up with everyday there... the worst feeling ever. I can't even describe it.. it was the most surreal feeling I've ever experienced. I felt like a caged animal.. constantly nervous and vulnerable. I was a total mess. Scared shitless of being dropped even when I knew I had done nothing "against the rules." It was ridiculous. I would almost have a heart attack waiting for my family rep and couselor to come to Group. This, in my opinion, IS emotional abuse. They knew damn well that I was scared and anxious and they loved it. They wanted me to be in a vulnerable frame of mind so they could twist around my thoughts into how they wanted me to think and act. I was only there for 4 months, thank god, but I went thru the Discovery and Focus seminars and I dont think I have EVER in my life been so scared. Literally shaking, holding back tears.. feeling completely out of control and confused. These people feed on fear and they need to be put in jail.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
cross creek manor
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 05:26:00 PM »
Yes, most of the people who work at these places are sick!

The best revenge is to move on, live a healthy life, finish school, and continue spreading info about your experience.  

Eventually, you will be more educated and grounded than those who work there, and you will really begin to see the extent of the damage inflicted by these people and their "program".  And your word will be more credible than theirs.
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
cross creek manor
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 08:19:00 AM »
Guess every experience is different. Perception...I never felt that...well that way.

Offline 001010

• View Profile
cross creek manor
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »
"Truth will ultimately prevail when there are pains taken to bring it to light" -- George Washington

People everywhere enjoy believing things that they know are not true. It spares them the ordeal of thinking for themselves and taking responsibility for what they know.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000051WYJ/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> BROOKS ATKINSON (1894-1984), Once Around The Sun, 1951.

[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
cross creek manor
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 10:06:00 AM »
On 2005-04-30 14:26:00, bandit1978 wrote:

Eventually, you will be more educated and grounded than those who work there, and you will really begin to see the extent of the damage inflicted by these people and their "program". And your word will be more credible than theirs.

Most of ya'll are already there. Just don't let anybody tell you any different.

Perri, your perception of things really is not all that matters.

Everything that people say to you is personal. Whether it is constructive criticism or not will determine whether it cam from and asshole or not.

----Bill Warbis

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
cross creek manor
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 03:23:00 AM »
Antigen, I never said it was the end all. However it does add to the puzzle.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
cross creek manor
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 09:12:00 AM »
Yes, Perri, we all know you "never felt that way".
egan Flynn
RN

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
cross creek manor
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »
What "puzzle"???
egan Flynn
RN

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cross creek manor
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 10:22:00 AM »
You know insulin is necessary for diabetics, but if you gave a non diabetic the same dose, it could kill them.  Should we ban all use of insulin?  The program Perri was in was helpful to Perri and obviously to others as well.  Why not be thankful that she was helped and look for a way to make the programs work for others as well.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cross creek manor
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »
Why not be thankful that she was helped and look for a way to make the programs work for others as well.

Because they don't. What, you think WWASP has a suggestion box at their office for ex-students or parents? This isn't therapy, it's a business. Business' care about one thing, the bottom line. Parents who think otherwise are deeply mistaken.  

Some people believe handling poisonous snakes is helpful to them, perhaps we should start a program where kids handle snakes? What doesn't kill them makes them stronger right? Only a couple will be bitten, so as long as *some* get better, all the better! Using your reasoning, this would be perfectly acceptable.

The ends don't justify the means.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
cross creek manor
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »
Insulin is a controlled substance, available only by prescription, and administered only by health care professionals or someone who has been specifically trained to administer it.  It is also not the first nor the preferred method of controlling diabetes.  And if someone is using insulin, their blood sugar levels need to be monitored several times a day.
egan Flynn
RN

Offline 001010

• View Profile
cross creek manor
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »
On 2005-05-04 07:34:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
Why not be thankful that she was helped and look for a way to make the programs work for others as well.

Because they don't. What, you think WWASP has a suggestion box at their office for ex-students or parents? This isn't therapy, it's a business. Business' care about one thing, the bottom line. Parents who think otherwise are deeply mistaken.  

Some people believe handling poisonous snakes is helpful to them, perhaps we should start a program where kids handle snakes? What doesn't kill them makes them stronger right? Only a couple will be bitten, so as long as *some* get better, all the better! Using your reasoning, this would be perfectly acceptable.

The ends don't justify the means. "

:nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
--John Adams

[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cross creek manor
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »
okay, lets outlaw all use of any meds 'cause they can harm sooooo many people and you know Chemo therapy not administered correctly kills everyone so no matter how many it saves, since it doesn't save and help everyone, let's eliminate that too?  Don't you see how silly you are?  Instead, let's work towards a system that promotes healing and help for those that need it.  Perri was in the right program for her.  If the program was wrong for someone else, get that kid somewhere else.  Work toward helping make things right.  Not eliminating something that is successful for people like Perri.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cross creek manor
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »
On 2005-05-04 07:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"If the program was wrong for someone else, get that kid somewhere else.  Work toward helping make things right."

Unfortunately, if you fail to 'work the program' while you are at the facility you will be punished severely. You will be put in isolation, for months living on starvation rations, in filthy dirty conditions. This is my personal experience at a WWASP facility. You get to leave when you turn 18... lucky if you get a ride to the nearest homeless shelter and a 20 dollars.

Don't you see, we ARE working towards making things right by getting the truth out there about WWASP facilities. I was at one, were you? Who exactly are you and what perspective are you bringing to this argument?

Not eliminating something that is successful for people like Perri.

Ah, the old argument of "I"d be in jail or dead if I wasn't at the program." Just because one did not have a terrible experience does not prove anything. Or do you think it does?

I'm glad 100% of the students that go to these facilities are not physically beaten and tortured, but some are. Just because one ex-student had a 'good' experience, doesn't give bystanders the right to discount the rest of our experiences.

Pharmaceuticals is highly regulated industry, to PREVENT INJURY AND DEATH. This 'teen help' industry is not, the owners purposely set up show where the laws are most liberal when it comes to child abuse.

If a parent feels WWASP is a better place to put your kid than all the other places in the world that are genuinely helpful, they are simply lazy and ignorant. (or like many kids there, their parents just wanted them gone)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cross creek manor
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »
I have never met or spoken to a parent that "wanted" to put their kid there.