Author Topic: Cross creek manor  (Read 14220 times)

Offline Angola Cheeba

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »
Interesting...
Thanks Ginger. Good post. I also agree wiht what anon wrote. If parents would simply teach their kids well from the beginning and teach by example also, their kids might not be depressed and might not dabble in dangerous drugs.  

Truth be told, when I was in high school, mostly my friends and I smoked pot. When I went to CCM, my friends started doing and selling crystal. My husband did it a couple of times, but he has no desire to ever do it again. Just because you smoke weed dosnt mean you will turn into a crazy drug addict! Ive smoked weed on and off since I was 13. Never even tried meth, heroin, coke, ect. I have no desire to either. I feel natural drugs that come from the earth are here for us to use. They are not manufactured processed crap. And my sister who smoked weed on and off has never done anything but shrooms and pot.  I have friends who did try other drugs, got involved with coke, meth, ect. But now that they are older and a little wiser, they dont do that anymore.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\'homme est ne\'libre et partout il est dans les fers.
Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains.
Jean-Jacques Rousseau
--------------------------------------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »
On 2005-05-25 09:57:00, Antigen wrote:

Drugs, legal or not, are part of our culture. Out of control, harmful drug use is also a part of our culture. Most kids are left to their own devices wrt figuring out where to draw the line. All the adults are just spouting nonsense at them right from the DFAF. It's worse than worthless because, what little useful information we have to give them comes to them tarnished by bullshit like the gateway theory.

We need to stop doing that and just tell the kids the truth

Ah, truer words have never been spoken!!  Both of my kids and a good portion of their friends have said that the things I told them about drugs made much more of an impression than any "authority" because I didn't lie to them.  If I had spouted off the typicall DFAF/AA/insert org here was trying to tell them I would have lost ALL credibility.   They figured if I was straight up with them about things they would find out on their own anyway (pot NOT being harmful, NOT gateway) then I was straight up about the dangers I told them about.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »
On 2005-05-25 10:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-05-25 09:57:00, Antigen wrote:

Drugs, legal or not, are part of our culture. Out of control, harmful drug use is also a part of our culture. Most kids are left to their own devices wrt figuring out where to draw the line. All the adults are just spouting nonsense at them right from the DFAF. It's worse than worthless because, what little useful information we have to give them comes to them tarnished by bullshit like the gateway theory.

We need to stop doing that and just tell the kids the truth

Ah, truer words have never been spoken!!  Both of my kids and a good portion of their friends have said that the things I told them about drugs made much more of an impression than any "authority" because I didn't lie to them.  If I had spouted off the typicall DFAF/AA/insert org here was trying to tell them I would have lost ALL credibility.   They figured if I was straight up with them about things they would find out on their own anyway (pot NOT being harmful, NOT gateway) then I was straight up about the dangers I told them about.  "

oops. me

If you ask the Government for the right to assemble you deserve to be told no .

--Jim Lesczynski, Manhattan LP chair, on "unorganized" gathering @ Central Park

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Cross creek manor
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »
Dolphin? Where'd you go, Dolphin???

A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another; shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement
Anonymity Anonymous
return undef() if /coercion/i;
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2005, 05:13:00 PM »
Right here Antigen.  I'm a parent, yes.  What is a referal agent?  SOmeone that talks about Cross Creek to parents who are already looking for help?  I do that on occasion.

As far as the contract.  What Amanda posted looks just like her own contract that she wrote because there really are no guidelines.  I do agree  that the parents have to agree to it, but ultimately, the kid is the one that has to live by it, so they need to make sure it works for them, not the parents.  

Maybe that's where Amanda thought she had to do the contract for the parents and didn't take into consideration if she would actually be able to live by it.  It's really only about personal boundaries that are unhealthy (to the kid)

Amanda, did you write the contract for your parents?  Big mistake, but it looks like you learned fast it wouldn't work.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2005, 05:24:00 PM »
On 2005-05-25 14:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What Amanda posted looks just like her own contract that she wrote because there really are no guidelines"

How the fuck do you know?  You weren't even there.  You are, in effect, calling Amanda a liar when you have absolutely no basis for that assertion.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »
On 2005-05-25 14:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

"You are, in effect, calling Amanda a liar when you have absolutely no basis for that assertion."

This is one thing ALL program supporters have in common. They are delusional.

Offline Angola Cheeba

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »
K lady! :roll: Geez. Well, the contract I posted AS I SAID BEFORE was GIVEN to me by the PROGRAM in the seminar PC1. Those WERE the guidelines they gave us. And I know better then anyome cuz I went through PC1 twice. Got he sma estupid contract guideline BS twice. So its not mine. AND THE PARENTS AND THERAPIST AND FAM REP ALL HAVE TO AGREE ON THE CONTRACT. How many times do I have to say that?

Oh, if you didnt write na extensive contract, parents flipped out. And no, I wrote the contract actually believeing that after CCM that contract would be EASY to follow! Little did I know...

And my theraspist and my parents wanted it all in there and if I disagreed, we would argue till I agreed to do it. What was I gonna do? Say no? Yeah that dosnt work too well with the program. They used to tell me when I would bring up how my step mom is unreasonable about rules and guidelins, that I was wrong and I had to do what she said because she was my parent. And like I said before NO ONE I KNOW EVER USED THEIR HOME CONTRACT. Not one person. I followed it the longest, and i still didnt get to level 6. So yeah, why dont you just wake up to the fact that their way just may not, uh, work. Just because the program came up with it dosnt mean it is effective.
Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Offline Angola Cheeba

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2005, 09:07:00 PM »
Hey ginger,
This is off topic again, but it isnt letting me edit my own posts, even though Im logged in with the right name and password. Any advice?
Amanda
Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2005, 11:38:00 PM »
Ginger,
Im in one of those perplexing moods. I was just talking to my mom the other day and I was telling her about the programs and she posed the question "so what do you do instead?"

I dont know. I know my parents tried alot to help me. My mom went to therapy with me, I went alone. I never was allowed to address any of the stuff with my step mom though, like I wanted to. Maybe thats why that wasnt effective?...

I also told my mom maybe I could have gone to a private school or something and she said she tried, but because I dropped out of school and my gpa was so low, no one would take me. So what should parents do when they tried alot of stuff and nothing works?

I know you are a mom and know what it is like to love a kid. I have a 15 month old little girl. (I know, the fun stuff is still ahead!) I just know that it would kill me if I found out she was having sex at 13 or shooting heroin or smoking meth. I will of course teach her to respect herself and to make smart choices. And I will NOT spank or yell at my child. I will teach her to be a free thinker. And to get involved in her community. And learn responsibility. But you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink. My little girl is so like me. She is so independant and smart! (most program people confuse intelligence with manipulation and would say she is manipulative.) And in a way I am happy about it and kinda scared. I just want her to be safe and happy and creative and just be her. I know being a good parent is a good defense. I know teaching your kid to be curious and not stifle their creativness is good. But what do you do if say you were in my moms position? My mom was a great parent. My step mom always said she spoiled me, but thats because she thinks spoiling a kid is letting them be creative and think for themselves. My step dad was firm but caring and taught us alot of really good stuff. But my fathers wife is a deamon from hell and basically is the reason I was so depressed my whole teenage hood and was so moody as a kid. I dreaded summer vacation cuz I had to visit my step mom. But my parents told me what they did at their house was ok and what mom did at her house was ok too. So my mom never found out that my step mom and dad hit us repeatedly on our bare bottoms with belts (the end with the belt buckle :grin:)
She never knew and since I was terrified of my step mom I never told her thats why I was so insecure and fearful of people and life. So she tried alot of stuff to help me, and the program seemed like a good idea and I actually seemed to get better after going there. I dont know. Sorry for the rambling. Just wondering if you have an idea of what to tell her. I know she would never refer anyone to the program but I know her friends have kids who are having a hard time and I was wondering what advice you would give them?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »

Right here Antigen. I'm a parent, yes. What is a referal agent? SOmeone that talks about Cross Creek to parents who are already looking for help? I do that on occasion.

And do you take referral fees?

None of Nature's landscapes are ugly so long as they are wild.
-- John Muir

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2005, 04:35:00 PM »
On 2005-05-25 18:07:00, Angola Cheeba wrote:

"Hey ginger,

This is off topic again, but it isnt letting me edit my own posts, even though Im logged in with the right name and password. Any advice?

Amanda"

What happens when you try?

When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence.
-- Gary Lloyd

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2005, 04:56:00 PM »
On 2005-05-25 20:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

Just wondering if you have an idea of what to tell her. I know she would never refer anyone to the program but I know her friends have kids who are having a hard time and I was wondering what advice you would give them?

You're not rambling. What I would tell your mother is that I'm sorry ya'll had to go through such hell. Don't waste it. Learn from your mistakes. Obviously, the problem wasn't some flaw in you. Sounds like you were acting like a normal kid who's being abused and scared to tell anybody.

If her friends are entering a white knuckle chapter of parenthood, I'd tell them to NOT PANIC! At the end of the day, there's absulutely nothing that these programs can do for a kid or a family that you can't do yourself. And they can and do do a lot of harm of varieties that are less likely to happen when the kid is living in their own community and family w/ wittnesses and other options than whatever is not working so well right now.

Kids sometimes have difficulty dealing w/ what life throws at them. The troubled parent industry promises to solve all of those difficulties. But all they really do is hide the kid hundreds or thousands of miles away, tell the parents whatever they want to hear and coerce the kids into supporting their story.

Take our friend Dolphin for example. She's been posting here as a Program parent for a long time. You'd think she'd know something by now about how the program really works. But she doesn't. She paid good money for her fantasy and she'll be damned if she'll let it go.

My mom was the same way. Several years after the Program, one of the first times she saw me face to face was at my wedding. She asked my why I had bleached my hair and flat out refused to believe that I hadn't. So I tried to explain to her that my hair had been darker when I was in the Program because we were never allowed out in the sun. But she simply refused to believe it. She reminded me that, after 2nd phase, we went to school (took me a good 10 months to make 2nd phase the first time.) and that on 4th phase, we had days off (but you had to have permission days in advance to go out of the yard, then only on those days off, after school and before time to go get the newcomers... most of us used our first few weeks of days off to catch up on sleep.)

She absolutely didn't remember how it really was. Instead, she remembered the more pleasant version of events they discussed in Parent group and among each other at fund raisers and other times they were permitted to speak.

These days, when my kids seem distant or troubled, I ask them what's up. If they don't feel like talking, I start making Machiavelian plans to create opportunity. Sometimes they come to me for advice. Sometimes they don't. So far, so good. They're all healthy and relatively happy and pursuing their own interests, getting better at accomplishing their goals, etc.

You just have to have a little faith in your kids to overcome difficulty. Don't steal their thunder! A big part of growing up well is all about sorting things out for yourself. If someone steps in and strong arms you into making what they think are the right decisions, even if some of those decisions are really better, you're still left w/ the daunting task of proving to yourself that you're capable of taking care of yourself. And, after a program, you have so much extra dependency to overcome and you're years behind your peers.

No matter how you slice it, it's just not worth it.

Give to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself - that is my doctrine.

--Thomas Paine

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »
On 2005-05-26 13:33:00, Antigen wrote:

"

Right here Antigen. I'm a parent, yes. What is a referal agent? SOmeone that talks about Cross Creek to parents who are already looking for help? I do that on occasion.

And do you take referral fees?

None of Nature's landscapes are ugly so long as they are wild.
-- John Muir

"

Only if a parent admits their child and I took the time to have information sent to them.  I don't look for troubled parents, so I rarely talk with any - once there was an admission and I refused the fee and turned it over to that parent to help with the admission cost.  I'm glad I was able to help both emotionally and with the little bit of money I could.  Even if I accepted the fee there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Cross creek manor
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »
No, nothing at all wrong w/ taking blood money.  :roll:

Regardless, this clearly shows your bias in this debate. You can't afford to see what you're doing, what you're advocating, because you'd have to kill yourself if you were to come to terms with it.

History gives us a kind of chart, and we dare not surrender even a small rushlight in the darkness. The hasty reformer who does not remember the past will find himself condemned to repeat it.
--John Buchan