Author Topic: Is Whitmore Facility a "FIRE TRAP?"  (Read 4504 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Is Whitmore Facility a "FIRE TRAP?"
« on: April 30, 2005, 10:11:00 AM »
TRIBUNE article....Kirsten Stewart reports:

The Whitmore was recently cited with NUMEROUS fire code violations!

Brent R. Halladay, assistant state fire marshal says the Whitmore must:
- Update its automatic sprinker & fire alarm systems.
- Build a new set of stires to have more than one exit.
- Install fire extinguishers
- Repair electrical problems.

Until all violations are corrected--the Sudweeks must have someone keep FIRE WATCH over the school every day from 7 PM unto 7 AM.

Have the parents of these children been notified that their children are living in such an environment?
WHO is the person responsible for keeping this FIRE WATCH?
Will Mr. Halladay do a final inspection?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 12:43:00 PM »
Brent R. Halladay--assistant state fire marshal

Email:  [email protected]

Please email Mr. Hallady---ask him to do a personal inspection to verify that his requirements at the Whitmore Academy has actually been done--and that they meet the codes.

Ask him not to relie on the Sudweeks to just provide "paperwork" that the repairs have been completed.  An inspection must be done!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »
Write to this Fire  Marshall.

Ask him to do random checks on this FIRE WATCHER to make sure the Sudweeks have someone ON DUTY, and that it is not one of the students.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 06:45:00 AM »
guess what folks.. i found out today the media is full of crap. i researced this crock storie. My daughter is there and i dont want to lay awake thinking these horrible things i have been told. Well first i found out. Joyce Harris is behind everything. every single issue she is involved with. she spends her whole life calling gov. agencies, and any one who can make mark and cheryls life miserable. The newspaper. i need to say newspapers.. only some wont print all these lies. The Nephi paper wont play with her. she has called and keeps calling attorney generals county officials. City counsils. You wouldnt believe all the people she is trying to turn against the Sudweeks. She even sent an email to the prophet of their church. i think this is ludicris. there is so much crap coming from her. I gotta tell you i feel for Mark and Cheryl but more so for the kids. You are right they are spending way to much time putting out Joyce Harris fires. Its beyond absurd. the ones being cheated are our kids. here is the scoup on the fire trap.... the Whitmore has had a fire permitt every year since they have run the buisness on main street. the last was done a couple of months ago. Because of Joyces harrassing. they sent the state fire marshall down to check it out. the violations were extention cords. one fire alarm had dead batteries. one of the exits had boxes in front of it. they needed a new cover for one of the outlets and because of a new law in march of this year, they were required to put in a sprinkler system which by the way has been done. They were also told to put in another staircase out the back. the fire marshall said he was impressed with the Sudweeks cooperative behavior. they have never been out of compliance. but because of new law they had to change some things. they went right to work to put these things in. They were givin until the end of may to comply but they will be done this week. Just like everything else i have delt with them, they always make things right. This is what they are doing with my daughter. they are good people. as far as fire watch goes. f.y.i. there are four adults who stay with the kids 24/7 mark and cheryl stay up with this firewatch from 10/6 when the kids get up. how dare you try to make it look any different than it really is. it is time for this nonsense to stop. maybe the letters should start expressing grattitude. This negative stuff will get nobody nowhere.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 06:50:00 AM »
Joyce do you really think we need to tell the state firemarshall an inspection should be done. it looks like you think everyone needs you to tell them what should be done what should be said what should be thought. This is why my child goes to school at the Whitmore. They teach correct principles then let the kids govern themselves. only through choices will these decisions stick. To bad you never had that opportunity. It must be awful feeling like you have to control everything.

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »
If I were you, I would research a little further.  A smoke screen has been laid in front of you.  It's the MO of the Sudweeks.  Get your daughter out of there.  These people are not what they seem.  They look you straight in the eye and lie -- Cheryl turns on the waterworks almost on que. They are expert liars.

Think about it, if they lie about therapy, lie about transcripts, why would you believe them about anything?????  

I have see it with my own eyes.  I have been there.  Believe me, it is not what it seems!!!  Really look into the eyes of the kids, watch what really goes on.  There is an underlining fear of Cheryl -- I saw that, before anyone told me anything.

Offline former student

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 11:47:00 AM »
look take it from a former student i know, i was there. it's all FAKE. they're lieing to you. seriousely get your kid out of there. before it's too late, before he/she does the wrong thing and they beat her like they did llindsey K.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 12:06:00 PM »
YES.. I do believe I should make the State Fire Marshal aware that he should do a final inspection and not rely on the Sudweeks to present "paperwork" that the required work has been completed.  Yes I do.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »
Totally agree. The Sudweeks will falsify transcripts. So why wouldn't they falsify a report of repairs to the State Fire Marshal?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 05:52:00 PM »
Whitmore Mom---if the Suds aren't out of compliance, then why all the citations for code violations????
Why all the required repairs by the State Fire Marshal?

Putting out "fires started by Joyce Harris? Don't think this woman did the fire inspection did she?"  Everybody sure gives this woman a lot of credit. Now she "controls" the State Fire Marshal of Utah?

Better hope that FIRE WATCHER is on duty and protecting your child in that Fire Trap your daughter is sleeping in at the Whitmore!

Offline Rodney

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »
To the anon poster who thinks the media is full of crap and that Joyce Harris is to blame for the so called "harrassment".  
Just how did you do your research? Did it include asking Cheryl and Mark?? and did they give you their side of the story as they so often do? or maybe they just told you part of it.  Maybe you should talk to the Fire Marshall yourself.  The paper said the Fire Marshall said the Sudweeks have been very cooperative, not that he was impressed with the Sudweeks cooperative behavior.

As for your Joyce Harris bashing- KNOW PARENT that it IS NOT just Joyce Harris doing the doing- there are numbers here.  And none of us know one another. Take it from someone who was there long before any of this current crap started--the Sudweeks are devious, abusive, SCAM artist who can and will look you straight in the eye and lie  lie lie.  All they care about is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ DON'T FORGET IT!![ This Message was edited by: Rodney on 2005-05-03 17:05 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 08:43:00 PM »
On 2005-05-03 03:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"guess what folks.. i found out today the media is full of crap. i researced this crock storie. My daughter is there and i dont want to lay awake thinking these horrible things i have been told. Well first i found out. Joyce Harris is behind everything. every single issue she is involved with. she spends her whole life calling gov. agencies, and any one who can make mark and cheryls life miserable. The newspaper. i need to say newspapers.. only some wont print all these lies. The Nephi paper wont play with her. she has called and keeps calling attorney generals county officials. City counsils. You wouldnt believe all the people she is trying to turn against the Sudweeks. She even sent an email to the prophet of their church. i think this is ludicris. there is so much crap coming from her. I gotta tell you i feel for Mark and Cheryl but more so for the kids. You are right they are spending way to much time putting out Joyce Harris fires. Its beyond absurd. the ones being cheated are our kids. here is the scoup on the fire trap.... the Whitmore has had a fire permitt every year since they have run the buisness on main street. the last was done a couple of months ago. Because of Joyces harrassing. they sent the state fire marshall down to check it out. the violations were extention cords. one fire alarm had dead batteries. one of the exits had boxes in front of it. they needed a new cover for one of the outlets and because of a new law in march of this year, they were required to put in a sprinkler system which by the way has been done. They were also told to put in another staircase out the back. the fire marshall said he was impressed with the Sudweeks cooperative behavior. they have never been out of compliance. but because of new law they had to change some things. they went right to work to put these things in. They were givin until the end of may to comply but they will be done this week. Just like everything else i have delt with them, they always make things right. This is what they are doing with my daughter. they are good people. as far as fire watch goes. f.y.i. there are four adults who stay with the kids 24/7 mark and cheryl stay up with this firewatch from 10/6 when the kids get up. how dare you try to make it look any different than it really is. it is time for this nonsense to stop. maybe the letters should start expressing grattitude. This negative stuff will get nobody nowhere. "

Personally,I don't like what I read about confirmed allegations of abuse at this program and for the life of me, can't understand why any parent with a child in this program would feel obligated to defend either the program or it's owners and operators.

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 09:14:00 PM »
Please send me a private message.  I would like to ask you a question.  Thanx.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2005, 09:15:00 PM »
Does sound mighty weird doesn't it. And this is not "lunatic parent yakking." This is the authorites quoted in a newspaper article. Is weird isn't it? No ONE but EIGHT counts of abuse neglect. Now that oughta get some parent's attention you'd think!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »
Anonymous Mother. What PRINCIPLES are you depending on Mark and Cheryl Sudweeks to teach your child exactly?
How to sneak into a buffet line to save a couple of dollars?
How to forge/falsify a transcript and take credit for courses never taken?
To beat up a fellow student on demand just because someone tells you to?
HOW ABOUT THE BASIC TEN COMMANDMENTS?
  NOT to LIE, Steal, COMMIT ADULTRY (you know those I assume.....)

Then there are just day-to-day expectations like cleaniless--NOT spiting on people, having toliets that work, adequate food, hygiene needs, adequate required sleep.....YOUR CHILD WON'T LEARN ANY OF THIS AT WHITMORE!