Author Topic: Holy shit!  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Holy shit!
« on: April 28, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »
http://www.rickross.com/reference/teenb ... oot11.html

:eek:

Wow, a state run, military-like, absolutely brutal program hidden as a bootcamp. Complete with "dont tell them what we do to you". Now, how is this in the media, but nobody cares? Since when is it to break your own laws to 'fix' a kid?

For myself, I do not believe in any revelation. As for a future life, every man must judge for himself between conflicting vague probabilities.
--Charles Robert Darwin, English naturalist

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Invertix

• View Profile
Holy shit!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 11:35:00 PM »
~sighs~
Pathetic.

Since they only allow people from within the state into the programs, and they're state run it complicates the federal government from investigating.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Holy shit!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 04:32:00 AM »
This article is from 1999. Last year, several Maryland boot camps and facilities (all state run) were shut down due to abuse allegations. I don't know if the boot camp in the article was shut down, but I hope so...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Holy shit!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 08:41:00 AM »
Just continues to show what an idiot Niles is!!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Holy shit!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »
I must be a really big idiot, cause I entirely missed where Nihles shows his ass here.

Anyway, I think the problem is fairly obvious and the journalists here sort of tap dance around it.

The trouble is the message that these idiots and the private troubled parent industry are trying to beat into these kids heads. The trouble w/ the message is that it is a lie. No matter how badly you beat up a kid, they're not going to believe an obvious lie.

The truth is that these kids are not going to become secure and moderately wealthy, even solvent, by working at McDonalds. Not even if they do become managers. The truth is that dealing dope on the street is, far and away, more lucrative and offers more autonomy and self respect than any other choice available to a young juvenile delinquent. Even if Mom and Grandma love them, they keep a job, try to take responsibility for that love child, they're fucked nine ways from Sunday.

See, these idiots who run these boot camps thing they're sooooo fucking tough. But the got nothin' on the local key man; either in terms of oportunity nor strict enforcement.

As long as prohibition is enforce, none of that will change. Does anybody get that? Is it so complicated? Is it hard to understand? Have we learned NOthing from alcohol prohibition?

Just in case, let me spell it out in crayon for the simple minded. When alcohol distribution was a federal crime, all of the millions of dollars in the industry was illegal money. No legal protection for this vast wealth whatever. No insurance policies, no police service, no protection but freelance policeing, cheerfully provided by criminal organizations at whatever price the market dictated.

Under a prohibition model, there is no particular reason to keep the kids out of the trade. In fact, the rules make it very sensible to employ minors. They're notoriously bad at assesing opportunities from a sensible risk/benefit perspective. In fact most of them tend to prefer a little more excitement. They haven't got expenses like rent, car payments, taxes, etc. So they work real cheap. Besides, most of them don't have kids, so the authorities can't threaten to take the kids hostage to force compliance.

When a beer distributor doesn't get paid, he makes a police report and forwards it to his insurance company. When an illegal distributor doesn't get paid, he takes out a hit (Valentines Day Massacre, anyone?)

What I don't understand is how and why adults have such a difficult time understanding this very simple, basic truth of economics. The kids don't seem to have any trouble at all grasping these concepts; even the ones who can't read or write beyond a 2nd grade level. WTF is wrong w/ adults ta'day :question:  :question:  :question:

All religions have been made by men.
--Napoleon Bonaparte, French emperor

Straight, Sarasota
   10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
return undef() if /coercion/i;
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Holy shit!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »
On 2005-04-29 11:02:00, Antigen wrote:

WTF is wrong w/ adults ta'day :question:  :question:  :question:

They're sheep that have been exposed to the Kool-Aid people, or actually drinking it themselves, for way too long.

Don't laugh when you leave this courtroom, thinking you have beat the system because you have looked these things up yourself. We are going to get you down the road.
http://proliberty.com/observer/20020101.htm' target='_new'>Washington Superior CourtJudge Rebecca Baker

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Holy shit!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 04:29:00 PM »
Good troll!  :grin:

Anyway, back on topic, even if it was closed down, the fact remains that it was ridiculous that 1. it existed 2. it was either legal or not-enforced and 3. they let the media see that shit if it was illegal!!

And yeah, "maryland programs were closed" - but even the anon poster admits he doesnt know if this was closed or not.

But, I degress... this damn BDSM program (yes, this is fucking BDSM in every way except the kiddos dont get off) shouldnt exist and a government shouldnt make it up to torture children and break its own laws to do so! This is WRONG! Oh well, WWASPS would probably love to re-open their program that was like this, high-impact, or whatever.  

Tough Love: Abuse of a type particularly enjoyable to the abuser, in that it combines the pleasures of sadism with those of self-righteousness. Commonly employed and widely admired in 12-step groups.
--Chaz Bufe

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Holy shit!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 07:23:00 PM »
On 2005-04-29 13:29:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

3. they let the media see that shit if it was illegal!!

What does that tell you?

It is wrong to leave a stumbling stone in the road after it has tripped you.
http://fornits.com/wwf/bb_profile.php?mode=view&user=1005' target='_new'>Hands Out Light

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Holy shit!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »
One of many things:

One, apparently you can break your own rules if youre the US government.

Two, nobody realized it was wrong and illegal in that circumstance.. which is both bizzare and disappointing.

Three, they did, but either didnt care or thought it was okay to fix them, or whatever excuse they have.

But oh well, I'm the (apparent) revolutionary here, because I dare question and think for myself, and see that something is wrong, and they break their own damn rules, and take assumptions on belief becuase "its good for 'em".

My history teacher explained the reason vs belief based education difference: With a belief based education system, I could say theres a purple gorilla in the hallway, and you'd believe me. With a reason based education system, you'd walk outside, see it, walk back, call me a moron, and rightly so.

People are too believing and not rational enough.

That's all marijuana is, after all. It's just a plant, a common and easily grown one at that. In many cultures, its consumption was lawful for millennia. And in all that time, the bond between thugs, mayhem, murder and marijuana that we see today did not exist.

http://www.mapinc.org/author/Dan+Gardner' target='_new'>Dan Gardner, CanWest News Service

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Holy shit!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »
On 2005-04-29 18:08:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"One of many things:
One, apparently you can break your own rules if youre the US government.

Two, nobody realized it was wrong and illegal in that circumstance.. which is both bizzare and disappointing.

Yeah, I've been perplexed and disapointed w/ the way things have played out. And largely so because nobody seems to realize that this is wrong and we've long since quit expecting "legal" to have more than a coincidental  relationship w/ "right".

So what now, Phoo, now what? I'm old and tired and much disillusioned. Wadaya got? Where to from here and let's talk about how.

The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
--John Gilmour

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Holy shit!
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »
I dont know yet.

People are too happy being secure in their stupidity, ignorance, unintelligence and apathy. Its cultivated and valued. Following and believing is good, intellect is bad.

Its scary to think for yourself. Its scary to keep everything in your own hands. Its stressful to know too much. Its straining to think too much.

People are going to get out of their rut of waking up, working, eating, going home, and watching the scary talking heads on TV making up more monsters and scapegoats and things to fight for (bin laden, iraq, gay people, or braindead floridians :lol:). People are going to have to stop being stuck being told what to do and think.

Its going to require people caring and knowing about everything, and doing something to SOLVE the issues, not just talk about them, and then "solve" moot points in an effort to appease voters.

Like, say our economy or energy reliance on the saudis. We're gonna have to DO SOMETHING! Not just make a big deal about gays and vegetables that are ultimately moot.

And about THIS issue. People are going to have to get aware, and get away from this seeming... mmhmm-and-nod-smugly method of child treatment which consists of being brutal and austere.

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake when you make it again.
-- F. P. Jones

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Holy shit!
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2005, 02:49:00 AM »
Niles is right- these are BDSM programs.  

At PCS, I swear, so many of the (female) staff members are lesbians, and they don't even know it.  They were seriously butch, and wondering why they had trouble finding a husband.

This is what the Mormon church (and other christian churches as well) does to people.  It preaches inaccuracies and lies regarding homosexuality, so much so that these people don't even realize they are homosexual.  

Then they act out their repressions on the girls they are in charge of.  Sick, yes, I know.  

My gay-dar is on point, okay?  I know these women were gay (at least 4 or 5 of them).  I even knew that actress from "Sex in the City" was gay- I called it before she ever came out.  

Not that there is anything wrong with that.  But these women at PCS were really sick.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
Holy shit!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2005, 02:50:00 AM »
that last post was from me.
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Holy shit!
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2005, 06:15:00 PM »
Here's what I'm thinking. I think it's perfectly normal, natural and healthy for human beings to fall back on tradition. I realized that while scooping up a couple of decent Irish history books at Goodwill yesterday. I don't even look Irish. None of my kin speak the language, even if we did stay in touch, which we don't. And my kids natural heritage is such that the Irish part might make up something like 1/4, if that. So I can't explain why I think it's a good idea to have a lot of Irish history and culture stuff laying around for them to find, but I just do. It's like a homing instinct or something.

When things are going well, it's perfectly healthy and sane to go along w/ the crowd. Only when things are so out of whack that a large minority (historically, about 30% or so) become uncomfortable enough w/ the status quo do we tear it down and rebuild. It's never a pleasant process. Always something to be avoided if at all possible. But it happens from time to time.

Fasten your seat belts, kiddies! We live in interesting times.

It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson