Author Topic: Petition to close abusive Provo Canyon School in Utah  (Read 2730 times)

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
Petition to close abusive Provo Canyon School in Utah
« on: April 28, 2005, 01:59:00 AM »
About 500 former students-patients, their family members and human rights activists have signed a petition to close Provo Canyon School. The petition asks the authorities to shut down this facility that has a "history of torturing America's youth." Many have made comments about there abuse which includes, forced drugging, denial of necessary medical care, punishment with isolation and seclusion, sleep deprivation and other physical, emotional and psychological abuses. If you'd like to view the petition it can be found at:
http://www.beyondbusiness.net/closepcs.htm
The signatures can be viewed at:
http://www.heal-online.org/sign.htm
This is the MOTHER OF ALL ABUSIVE PROGRAMS. If you think WWASPS is bad - this is where the founder of WWASPS - Robert Lichfield - learned the ropes of abusive behavior modification. He dropped out of college to be the Residential Director of Provo Canyon School. Of course he is now a mega-millionair as a result of his savy in the teen-industry. I call it the teen-torture-mindcult industry.

Please Sign if you have not done so    

What is this new loyalty? It is, above all, conformity. It is the uncritical and unquestioning acceptance of America as it is. It rejects inquiry into the race question or socialized medicine or public housing, regards as heinous any challenge to what is called the system of private enterprise, identifying that system with Americanism. It abandons evolution, repudiates the once popular concept of progress, and regards America as a finished product, perfect and complete. The concept of loyalty as conformity is a false one. It is narrow and restrictive, denies freedom of thought and conscience... What do men know of loyalty who make a mockery of the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights?
http://www.harvardsquarelibrary.org/unitarians/commager.html' target='_new'>Henry Steele Commager, 1947

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 02:09:00 AM »
provo canyon school was a never-ending game played within the gates of hell. I spent 2 years of my life getting abused physically and mentally by staff that worked there. many simple rights were taken there like being able to use the restroom when you need to. i underwent severe punishment in a constant mind-trap. i recall one night at about 1:00 in the morning i was forced to sit indian style and stare directly at a wall in the snow while it was snowing   in my boxers for 2 and a half hours. another time i laughed once when everybody had just gotten into bed and i was grabbed from behind from a staff by the neck and arm where my face was smashed into the wall and then dragged 15 feet to a confinement cell. my friend tried to stop them but they "P.I." him which stands for a physical intervention. they dragged me into the back holding cell and through me into the wall. i sat in that sell from 10:00 that night until 9:30 the next morning in my boxers with the confinement door shut with the cold air-conditioning turned up all the way. i sat on the cold cement floor  until 9:30 in the morning until i was given a small paper cup with water to take a muscle control pill that doesn?t allow you to move your body, and if you do move your body you got really bad cramps and spasms. Around 4:00 that day i was finally given food  but it was hard to eat because i had extreme rib cramps from being slammed into the wall. the nurse came to inspect my ribs and said that there was nothing wrong and i was just complaining to get attention. my ribs were bruised pretty bad because the next day my ribs  had a big bruise mark going across them. i asked to see the nurse but they refused to look at my ribs so i asked the "senior-on" which is pretty much the person that is in control of the entire facility that day. the nurse told him not to worry about my complaint because i was just trying to get attention. i went through hundreds of mental trapping mind games that fled my mind with constant depression. it got so bad at !

points that a level of insanity was closely reached. one of my friends got pushed to the limit and one day they found him, they kicked down the bathroom door where they found him in a large thick puddle of blood. he had locked himself in the bathroom, broke the mirror and slit his wrists going with the vain. he then stuck the piece of glass up into his neck in two places. i guess evidently he was trying to slit his own throat. they found him spasing and shaking because he had lost so much blood. he had spent nearly 3 and a half years in this place before he decided that he couldn't take it anymore and he needed to escape. stuff like this happens everyday in this place where it is just ignored as if nothing has happened. some cases are even worse then what i have mentioned today. a girl about 6 years before i went there was found in the shower where she hung herself. she died and no justice was done nothing was even looked into they just told her parents that she was severely mentally unstable and nothing was ever done about it to this day. this place doesn't help you it just creates so many problems and instabilities once you get out that you are set up for instant failure. i have ran into several people on the streets that i knew when i was in there and they where just there for talking back to their parents, minor school absences, and occasionally smoking pot they turned into crackheads and severally emotionally disturbed. the question is how long is a place like this going to go on for until something is done about it?.... where is this society taking us?....do we really want are children and loved ones heading in this direction?....u choose which direction you want your child to go in...but this is just the spoken words of truth from someone that has gone through this experience and wants to let you know what really goes on behind those never-ending locked doors....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 09:49:00 AM »
Sounds like a place where Marty Kruglik would love to huy yuh yuh at. Me Marty would love to go to Utah on Bison back and torture the Utahians.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »
Jesus.
Everyone on this damn site should STILL be locked up in one of these places.
You all obviously are stunted at the age of trauma and cannot deal with life beyond that point.
wah wah wah.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 07:02:00 PM »
:sad: I was at Provo Canyon from 2000 to 2001. The emotional, mental and physical torture I experienced there has haunted me since the day my father finally came to the campus, saw the truth for himself and took me out immediately. That was 4 years ago and still to this day I have nightmares of screaming girls being drug into the cold concrete rooms they called "observations". They would be drugged against their will with a shot in the butt and put to sleep. I remember being told to "get on a chair" where I sat for about 2 hours straight before any staff acknowledged me. Finally, one of the staff came over to speak to me. The first words out of her mouth were

"You are a disease and anyone you speak to...anyone you look at...anyone that gets near you is bound to catch your disease."

After that she put me on a "no talk" standing order where I was unable to speak whatsoever for 2 months straight.

Today I am 19 years old and have been out of Provo Canyon School for 4 years. I live 10 minutes outside of Hollywood and am working with a Miramax producer who is very much interested in my story. Right now we are almost finished writing the screenplay and will be working on a film within the next year or two. If that doesn't open up the eyes of parents across America I don't know what will.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »
Me Marty go to Utah... find 10 wives like Mormons... build giant tepee and pray to Great Spirit for boys' underpants.

hi-yuh hi-yuh hi-yuh hi-yuh.... TEMPTATIONS SING!

I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!

thats some fucked up shit at PCS. sorry to hear that. there needs to be some sympathy on this website....heartless bastard fucks

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »
The "behavior modification" techniques reported by the students to be utilized at the school are archaic and unethical. The use physical punishment, forced confinement, and other punishment is inappropriate unacceptable. Testing attitude and future intentions by the use of a lie detector is offensive and inhumane.As a human rights advocate and a parent, I demand that this institution be shut down immediately. The individuals who have run this institution and supported these practices should be punished and barred from ever having a role that can impact young people again.We must send a message that prisons treating adolescents inhumanely will not be tolerated or condoned.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 11:52:00 PM »
I was sent to Provo Canyon School at the age of 13. That was in 1999.  Now It's 2005 and I am still haunted by that place.  I had just turned 13 years old.  I felt as though i was being held prisoner.  What had I done to deserve this?  Everything I did there was considered to be "wrong".  Nothing was ever good enough.  The floor was never clean enough.  The sheets were never tight enough.  The toilet was never shiny enough.  There was still dust on the window sill after having cleaned it 3+ times.  I remember one time a peer (who has also signed this petition) and I cleaned the isolation rooms, both on our knees scrubbing the hard concrete floor.  I was not allowed to talk to my parents and the 10 minute phone calls that I did have every other week were monitored.  The staff and therapists made me carry around a coin and with every statement that I said I was made to flip the coin; the side of the coin determined whether I was lying or not.  I had to do this for at least a week.  What they had done is a very high level form of cult abuse.  Their whole program is inhumane.  I'm sorry, but being stripped down of your clothes, tranquilized, and strapped to a bed then told by one of the staff members that you are "ruining her night because she was supposed to meet up with her friends to go somewhere" is not what I think of as humane.  We were punished for everything.  I kept quiet for a very long time.  There is so much more shit that went on that i struggle to talk about today.  I was looking through this petition and found at least 4 names of girls that were at Provo Canyon School with me.  That, in itself is helping me to realize that everything that I remember is true and did happen and that Provo Canyon School should be shut down.  I am in shock that it is still running today.  I do not understand how the United States of America can overlook such a place and just let it stand as though it is doing no harm.  Provo Canyon School should be done away with.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »
Provo Canyon School was hellish. I spent 2 years of my life getting abused physically and mentally by staff that worked there. many simple rights were taken there like being able to use the restroom when you need to. i underwent severe punishment in a constant mind-trap. i recall one night at about 1:00 in the morning i was forced to sit indian style and stare directly at a wall in the snow while it was snowing   in my boxers for 2 and a half hours. another time i laughed once when everybody had just gotten into bed and i was grabbed from behind from a staff by the neck and arm where my face was smashed into the wall and then dragged 15 feet to a confinement cell. my friend tried to stop them but they "P.I." him which stands for a physical intervention. they dragged me into the back holding cell and through me into the wall. i sat in that sell from 10:00 that night until 9:30 the next morning in my boxers with the confinement door shut with the cold air-conditioning turned up all the way. i sat on the cold cement floor  until 9:30 in the morning until i was given a small paper cup with water to take a muscle control pill that doesn?t allow you to move your body, and if you do move your body you got really bad cramps and spasms. Around 4:00 that day i was finally given food  but it was hard to eat because i had extreme rib cramps from being slammed into the wall. the nurse came to inspect my ribs and said that there was nothing wrong and i was just complaining to get attention. my ribs were bruised pretty bad because the next day my ribs  had a big bruise mark going across them. i asked to see the nurse but they refused to look at my ribs so i asked the "senior-on" which is pretty much the person that is in control of the entire facility that day. the nurse told him not to worry about my complaint because i was just trying to get attention. i went through hundreds of mental trapping mind games that fled my mind with constant depression. it got so bad at !

points that a level of insanity was closely reached. one of my friends got pushed to the limit and one day they found him, they kicked down the bathroom door where they found him in a large thick puddle of blood. he had locked himself in the bathroom, broke the mirror and slit his wrists going with the vain. he then stuck the piece of glass up into his neck in two places. i guess evidently he was trying to slit his own throat. they found him spasing and shaking because he had lost so much blood. he had spent nearly 3 and a half years in this place before he decided that he couldn't take it anymore and he needed to escape. stuff like this happens everyday in this place where it is just ignored as if nothing has happened. some cases are even worse then what i have mentioned today. a girl about 6 years before i went there was found in the shower where she hung herself. she died and no justice was done nothing was even looked into they just told her parents that she was severely mentally unstable and nothing was ever done about it to this day. this place doesn't help you it just creates so many problems and instabilities once you get out that you are set up for instant failure. i have ran into several people on the streets that i knew when i was in there and they where just there for talking back to their parents, minor school absences, and occasionally smoking pot they turned into crackheads and severally emotionally disturbed. the question is how long is a place like this going to go on for until something is done about it?.... where is this society taking us?....do we really want are children and loved ones heading in this direction?....u choose which direction you want your child to go in...but this is just the spoken words of truth from someone that has gone through this experience and wants to let you know what really goes on behind those never-ending locked doors....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 10:28:00 PM »
I'm in total support of having Provo Canyon School shutdown.  I was a "guest" there from june 1998 thru oct 2000 and witnessed and was subject to all types of abuse, physical, mental, verbal and spiritual.  The first 20 minutes there I witnessed a measly 120 pound kid get his face smashed repeatedly into the bench in investment resulting in 37 stitches to his chin and continuous beatings even after he had passed out.  i was denied medical attention after having surgery and denied my meds.  SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN!!!!  i am a soldier and it astonishes me that everyday i risk my life for a country that supports these types of places.  it hurts me.

sincerely, stewart s. pegues, PFC u.s army

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 01:28:00 AM »
My daughter was tortured.  It must be investigated.  The fact that this institution has destroyed two petitions just goes to show how low they will stoop.  PCS is a very dangerous place for children and destructive to families. It is extremely punitive and uses abusive behavior and emotional modification.

MBT

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2005, 07:18:00 AM »
I understand that Elan school's thread here at Fornit's is not all that serious. However my son bruched his teeth with the same toothbrush he used to clean the toilets. I was not aware of this until he left. We never talked about it. If anyone is serious plz ctct me,

The site would't let me register but I want you calls! 1-207-998-4666

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2005, 07:22:00 AM »
KEEP  CALLING THIS NUMBER NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE!    1-207-998-4666

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2005, 01:01:00 AM »
The worst 8 months of my life where those spent at Provo Canyon School where I was doped up, beaten, and abused physically, and mentally. When I hear "dial 9" I freak and still have issues about asking to do everything that drives my wife nuts. worst experience ever and will do whatever i can to close the atrocity

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2005, 01:03:00 AM »
Are you saying that he had to brush his teeth with the same toothbrush used to clean toilets at Provo Canyon School?  When was this. I'd suggest you report this to the authorities - too few people do so.

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with all other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.
-- John Muir

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"