Author Topic: Handling conflict in the now  (Read 1697 times)

Offline THEA

• View Profile
Handling conflict in the now
« on: April 22, 2005, 04:27:00 PM »
So I was thinking, I handle things different than most.  Want to argue with me?  More than likely, you will be caught off guard.  For even in the face of anger and confrontation I'll smile and be calm, in fact, your anger will probably ammuse me.  Even better, your reaction to my passiveness will ammuse me more.  Where do I get this?  Maybe all those days so many years ago I became desensitized to irrational outbursts what with all the in your face style of Straight.  Anyone else that way?  Seriously, I really chap people's arse's when I come at them with a calm smile and a condecending comment.

Just wondering.

Thea :grin:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline linchpin

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »
So you sit and act calm and rational while someone beats your skull till it cracks? Good for you.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Toothfairy_TP/u100.gif[/img]

Offline THEA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »
No, i calmly smile and tell them to go to hell.  Then I laugh.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 06:13:00 PM »
I just don't flinch. I don't smile, I don't yell, I repress any impulse to act nervous. I try to respond w/ no emotion at all. That really frightens power trippers. Course, it's also fun sometimes to mirror their intimidation tactics. Like when I got into it w/ a BSO code and zoning guy. After trying reason for a few minutes and realizing that wasn't going to work, I went inside and got my mirror shades and a camera and just quietly went about snapping pictures of him snapping pictures of my trees. I set that little fucker off so bad he damned near got fired over it!  :rofl:

Truth does not have to be accepted on faith. Scientists do not hold hands every Sunday, singing, "Yes gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! Amen.
--Dan Barker, former evangelist and author

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 07:39:00 PM »
i was calling new jersey last week, specifically law enforcement types. i'll spare you the details, but no i was not ratting on anyone. three different times three different people interrupted me and said "i don't know what you're talking about." let's just say they were very direct, not mincing around with the politeness-on-the-phone routine. communication went better when i rose to their level of rudeness/directness. i kinda liked it. can't stand the fakey receptionist routine.

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »
however sometimes i pull a coup and put my ideals before all the rules. long story short, i felt some cats were being mistreated and took matters into my own hands. they should have asked me first as i'm the one who feeds them even though they are not my cats. they had a stupid plan which was insensitive to say the least and i dismantled it and told them it had to be done a better way that did not terrify the cats. this coup likely made people angry, is connected to my place of employment and residence, so it has been a bit of a paranoid day. however, the alternative was to do nothing and stew and be angry at these people. sometimes anger is an expression of powerlessness. i was pissed until i dismantled the plan, then i was more anxious. now what will happen. but anyway, they really should have asked me first. fucking idiots.

Offline Animals

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »
Ginger still being full of shit as always. I am born.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 01:16:00 AM »
Meaning to say that you're born of the anus? (((LOL)))