Author Topic: Cross Creek Manor - Report of abuse  (Read 19512 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Cross Creek Manor - Report of abuse
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »
On 2005-04-21 02:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Another report of abuse at CCM:

http://www.heal-online.org/crosscreek.htm"

Having read that, I'm more convinced than ever that the WWASP and Seed/Straight cults are solidly tied in some way.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
--Unanimous

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »
Well I spent 2 years there and was never abused.  News flash... they dont have locked doors anywhere in that facility to beat up kids. Isolation is another story.  You tell me what you would rather have.  An enraged kid that cares nothing for the persons around him trying to start a fight with other kids... or having this same kid in a room where no other kids can be hurt if he gets angry.  I have been restrained there... I never experienced as abusive though.  I fucking threw a table at a staff memeber... I think that constitutes in being subduded.  I dont care what "teens have rights" bullshit you come up with... the teens that are there around these other kids dont deserve to be subjeected to harm because someone gets mad. Thats what Isolation is for.  Any other non-results-based bullshit you want to put out there? :scared:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2005, 04:36:00 PM »
On 2005-04-21 13:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"non-results-based bullshit"

::bwahaha2::  ::bigmouth::  ::puke::

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »
Anon, you contradict yourself. No locked doors (except ISO). And we all know that the entire compound is fenced and locked. Great! So, if you get permission (so you don't get taken down) you can step accross a threshhold within the locked compound, but you can't leave.

The author of that essay, K Adams, describes kids getting taken down for simply disagreeing w/ staff. Not threatening or using violence. Simply arguing. And she says she never set foot outside the compound for seven months after the initial kidnapping and strip search. Are you saying she's just making it all up? Even though she graduated and all? Why would she? What does she stand to gain by it? It's not asif she's trying to manipulate her way out of CCM. She's already out, moved out of the house and (at the time of writing) in college. So.... why, is all I'm asking?

You want result based reasoning? Ok, how come so damned many different kids who have been through different Synanon based programs all have nightmares about getting sent back years and decades later? And why do so many different kids who've never met each other describe the same incidents, whether they view them as abusive or not? It just doesn't wash. I believe you when you say you didn't perceive any abuse. But that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

How does that happen?

Our Bible reveals to us the character of our god with minute and remorseless exactness... It is perhaps the most damnatory biography that exists in print anywhere. It makes Nero an angel of light and leading by contrast.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2005, 05:35:00 PM »
On 2005-04-21 13:23:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2005-04-21 02:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Another report of abuse at CCM:

http://www.heal-online.org/crosscreek.htm"

Having read that, I'm more convinced than ever that the WWASP and Seed/Straight cults are solidly tied in some way.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
--Unanimous

"

The old ISAC site had a few lines about that connection, but it didn't give that many details. Just that Lichfield and a former Straight exec were/are both giving lots of money to the Republicans, and that they've met at some Republican convention prior to the establishment of CCM. A few months later, CCM was established with many practices/features identical or similar to what was going on at Straight.

Offline spots

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »
On 2005-04-20 09:18:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2005-04-20 06:49:00, Perrigaud wrote:

"I never saw that happening when I was there. Hmm. Never happened to me either. "

What did you never see happening? A suicide attempt? Cause Amanda said the other day she knew of a girl who tried to kill herself by drinking cleaning stuff or some such. And she also described her mother having to fight and argue w/ staff for a couple of weeks before being allowed to talk to her on the phone. And you know very well that they send uncooperative kids off to other, tougher programs.

"

My grandaughter (now living with us) personally knew one girl at Casa by the Sea who tried to commit suicide by drinking an entire bottle of shampoo.  My kid's "dark humor" comment had something to do with the waste of a good hard-to-come-by bottle of cheap shampoo, toiletries for which her mother paid nearly $100 a month extra.

She also personally was cut off from any direct communication with the outside world, including her mother, for nearly a year.  Unfortunately, her mother copped out to the Program and did not go to bat for her daughter by making any attempt at all to communicate by phone, letter, or uncensored email with her.

Because you did not see it happen does not mean that it did not happen.  In fact, when the same story is repeated about a hundred times by kids who *did* see it happen,...gosh, don't you think maybe it DID happen, even if you didn't see it?  Such circumstantial evidence is considered valid in a court of law and can get a person even a death sentence if enough is in place to be believable.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2005, 05:59:00 PM »
On 2005-04-21 14:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

The old ISAC site had a few lines about that connection, but it didn't give that many details. Just that Lichfield and a former Straight exec were/are both giving lots of money to the Republicans, and that they've met at some Republican convention prior to the establishment of CCM. A few months later, CCM was established with many practices/features identical or similar to what was going on at Straight.

Yeah, it's ancient history and, therefore, very difficult to prove. But even if you go back to early reports from Provo Canyon, which was founded in `74. This is the same year The Seed lost their federal expansion funding and two years before the Semblers founded Straight. There's also some mystery about how, exactly, Synanon methods and lingo came to The Seed. Some of us believe it was by way of a guy named John Underwood, but no one seems able to confirm or disprove that theory.

So... how did it happen? Where did the term "getting into your head" come from and how did it become a part of Straight and WWASP lingo? Was that part of Synanon culture too?

No gods, no masters.
--margaret Sanger

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »
On 2005-04-21 14:59:00, Antigen wrote:

"Where did the term "getting into your head" come from and how did it become a part of Straight and WWASP lingo? Was that part of Synanon culture too?"

"In your head" is also est and LifeSpring terminology.  WWASP undoubtably got it from LifeSpring.  Bob Lichfield was a LifeSpring trainer and a lot of the Resource Realizations people are from LifeSpring.  So the question is: what is the connection between est/LifeSpring and Synanon/Seed/Straight?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »
Exactly. I think it all goes back to Diderich.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard was not what I meant.

---Richard Nixon

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »
Check this out
http://www.rickross.com/reference/herba ... life9.html

The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
--John Adams, U.S. President

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2005, 09:59:00 PM »
My mom did Herbalife too.  :roll:
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2005, 04:33:00 AM »
"I took my daughter to Cross Creek Manor one of WWASP's programs and attended their Discovery Seminar. This seminar made me very uncomfortable. I did not like the techniques used to intimidate people. We were told we had to attend these seminars if we wanted to attend workshops with our children. I felt manipulated by the facilitator. The staffers all looked brainwashed to me, with hazy eyes and smiles from ear-to-ear. We were never informed that this program was to crush you as a person. It was supposedly a boarding school to help with self esteem and defiant problems. I got my daughter out of there as soon as possible, but she was in that hell hole for one month. The stories she tells are horrible. She said that she fought an emotional breakdown every day praying that we would come and get her. The program bothered me the moment they told me I could have no contact with my daughter, except through the mail, which they read. They told the children over and over that 'your parent's don't care about you and that's why you are here!' I am outraged by the damage they have caused my daughter. She would have been better off staying at home."

http://www.rickross.com/reference/teenb ... sitor.html

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2005, 06:05:00 AM »
Hmm. Iso? Again I NEVER SAID IT DOESN'T HAPPEN. I just never saw it. Iso? Yeah, I saw some chick carve some names in her legs with a pen. Iso? To me it's not child abuse. She attempted to carve another chick. Take down? Yeah, the girl was attacking another girl. The chick was pretty strong. Abuse? Not in my head. Kids can get pretty scary. Again, I was NEVER abused nor did I fell abused. I'm sure one of you will try to say that I may not see it now but down the road I'll look back and realize that it was abuse and blah blah blah. No, I will never see it as abuse. Believe what you want. I've been there and experienced it. Everyone's got an opinion (like assholes right?) Right.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2005, 07:02:00 AM »
Cross Creek Manor, a Washington County, Utah, home to which Teen Help
refers troubled teen-age girls, "is one of many closed, secret cult
centers . . . where adolescents are impounded, tortured, berated,
brainwashed, and otherwise abused," he alleges in a Utah federal suit
filed on behalf of daughter Celece and mother Ceta Dochterman of
California. In that lawsuit, Celece claims she was forced to urinate,
defecate and bathe while being watched; she was called a "slut" and
"family destroyer"; and paraded naked in front of male staff.
Burke's lawsuit, also handled by Burton, alleges similar outrageous
treatment.

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/an990514.html

Offline The Graduate

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »
On 2005-04-21 13:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Well I spent 2 years there and was never abused.  News flash... they dont have locked doors anywhere in that facility to beat up kids. Isolation is another story.  You tell me what you would rather have.  An enraged kid that cares nothing for the persons around him trying to start a fight with other kids... or having this same kid in a room where no other kids can be hurt if he gets angry.  I have been restrained there... I never experienced as abusive though.  I fucking threw a table at a staff memeber... I think that constitutes in being subduded.  I dont care what "teens have rights" bullshit you come up with... the teens that are there around these other kids dont deserve to be subjeected to harm because someone gets mad. Thats what Isolation is for.  Any other non-results-based bullshit you want to put out there? :scared: "

Non-results-based bullshit huh? OK fair enough however I will ask you to look around these forums and tell me what "results" you see. Let's face it some of us are bitter some are thankful an some just plain whacked from the treatment we received. (Oh and from what I see the thankful are few in numbers and often extremely defensive and outright self righteous). So what does all that mean? Really I'm asking b/c from what I see only your opinion counts...please tell me what I should think...berate me with insults if I disagree...Oh I'm sorry I was starting to think I was in the Program again.

The ironic thing is the ones who scream the loudest about "move on with your life" "The program really helped me NEVER abused me" are the ones who sound so much like the staff members from my facility. However I'm sure this point will never sink in for some. If I'm really lucky someone will retort with that over played immature "opinions are like assholes" line.