Author Topic: Former student alleges months of abuse  (Read 3771 times)

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
Former student alleges months of abuse
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »
Has anyone sent any information to these people? You really need some former patients/students to complain.  Preferable some former employees. The former employees need to realize that their contracts of silence are null and void - because it would be unconscionable to prevent an employee from reporting child abuse.  Is there anyone out there?

The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0451524934/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>O'Brien, the apparatchik

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline FightingIrish

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2005, 11:21:00 PM »
I am one of those who probably couldn't believe this stuff goes on in good ol USofA. I have had an irrate day withf Cross Creek. It was my scheduled day to talk with my dgt. The therapist called at 10 to ask to postpone the call until Fri. because she was an Orientation seminar. I said NO! I had received a letter Thursday stating she had been ill do to black mold in her room she had been crying and headache bodyache and such and that I wanted to see how she was feeling. He stated that she couldn't talk due to being in the seminar and that if he pulled her and opt out she wouldn't complete the seminar and they wouldn't have another one for a couple of months, my reply was fine opt her out, I will talk to her today! He said he would get back to me in 20 minutes. I called him back at my scheduled time and he said in stumbling words, ahha ahh I can't pull her out. I said if you don't pull her out all hell is going to break loose and that I will talk with her, I would have the authority's down there so quick he said well I talked with her and she said she's feeling better, I said that's great let me hear that from her. he said he couldn't then I said I will talk to my dgt today, he said I needed to talk with the head guy who I called immediately got his voicemail, then I called the main office and asked if he was in they said yes, I wanted to talk to him asap, of course they asked who I was and such, she got back on the line and stated that he would call me in 20 minutes which he did. I told him the problem, and he still insisted I couldn't talk with her. I stated she must have a break time and then he asked who brought her who was paying for the school. He would have to talk with her dad to get permission to pull her I told him that I have 50%/ more like 75% custody, and that his program was going down the toilet real quick. The therapist called back, the other guy called back and finally I got to speak with my dgt. I told them I was writing my representative which I did, I will go to the media or what ever. I even told him I would come up to pull her and he basically was telling me I couldn't. I'm a little on the angry side tonight. I am pulling her I just can't find a F program that is normal. I have contacted a consultant per our therapist here at home. But I dont' even trust them. When I read the letters the california Congressman wrote to committees and they are protected because they are private. How many kids have to die or be abused before our Government steps in?  :flame:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2005, 12:31:00 AM »
You'd better grab your custody papers and get down there before they move her. And bring a cop w/ you. Not saying that it's a dead certainty that they will do that. But I have heard of it happening before.

It's our goddamn duty to get these people back on drugs so they can think for themselves again!!!
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline FightingIrish

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 12:58:00 AM »
Seriously, someone had said last week that they had problems in getting their phone calls in after they were thought of as the "non supportive parent" to put it nicely! Besides court papers, and maybe the police, any other problems I may encounter. Always like to be prepared for the unknown. I'm worried now that when she went back to the seminar she didn't get even more shit for a parent having her pulled because she told me their was mold in her room.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2005, 02:37:00 AM »
That's a legitimate worry. Also, the seminars are often quite effective. It's not just fear that makes these kids sing the Programs praises. Here's a very good article on how that works:

http://www.rickross.com/reference/brain ... ing21.html

Essentially, the seminars along w/ the rest of the program induce a sort of disoriented, highly emotional state, then offers sweet salvation. It doesn't last forever. But it may be confusing to you. Don't worry too much and, if you're unhappy w/ the way these people are acting, don't let anybody talk you into trusting them anyway. You don't need anyone's permission to bring your custodial daughter home. No contract overrides that. We don't have the right to sign our children over like property. Just go and assert your legal rights.

You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.

--Charles Austin Beard

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »
You may be able to get a reporter to go with you. This might be a good idea. The Desert news and the Salt Lake Tribune have both covered WWASP, and might be glad to have the opportunity to go in with a parent.

But Antigen is right - don't waste time. If the Dad placed her, he can OK a transfer - and it could well be to Jamaica.

If that should happen, your problems will increase a hundred fold - even getting to see her might be impossible.
[ This Message was edited by: BuzzKill on 2005-04-19 07:24 ]

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2005, 11:54:00 AM »
Ms. Irish - I sent you a private message. I'd like to suggest to you and all other parents in similar situation to do what I wish I had done when I found out that my child had been placed in excessive isolation and drugged.  CAll the police and tell them to please place her in protective custody.. Fax them a copy of your custody papers.  Tell them that you will be out there on the next plane to get her. Also ask that she be examined by a physician.  Indicate that you suspect she is being abused and denied medical care for illness.  

If they protect the facility tell them that you are aware of the numerous complaints about Cross Creek and other WWASP faciliities. Indicate that you know for a fact that several of the facilities have been closed for child abuse and endangerment.  

Remember - it's a man's world in Utah - it's like going back in time.  No facility in Utah is safe.  Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Arizona - all are unsafe and most use WWASP-like behavior modification which is extremely punitive and boarders on child abuse - torture.    

As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.   On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
--H.L. Mencken

Offline Timoclea

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2005, 12:10:00 PM »
Fighting Irish:  Go to Wrightslaw (link:)

http://www.yellowpagesforkids.com/

Retain an attorney in the same state as the school, go immediately and get the attorney to go with you.

Take your custody papers.

I refer you to wrightslaw because they do child disability and education and one of the attorneys they refer to should be up on when a kid has a problem, or is alleged to have a problem, and divorced parents disagree about how to handle it.

The cops may or may not be supportive.  If they're inclined not to be, having an attorney with you may work wonders.  If you can get a cop, plus your attorney, plus custody papers, plus you, there, great.

But the important part of getting an attorney licensed to practice in that state is he's already there--you don't have to fly him in except maybe across the state---and once he hands them his card and they see an in-state address, they know he can walk straight out of there to a judge and get a court order faster than you can say "big bucks lawsuit" and "interference in child custody" and "kidnapping."

Get a lawyer, get down there, get your kid---now that you have reason to believe something is terribly wrong---they moved heaven and earth to keep you from talking to your own child---don't wait.

Timoclea

It will be generally found that those who sneer habitually at human nature and affect to despise it, are among its worst and least pleasant examples

--Charles Dickens

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2005, 12:14:00 PM »
Getting a lawyer is an excellent idea!  The police may jerk you around. They may also be influenced by the staff at the facility - remember these are small towns and often - especially in Utah - the people are related by family or religious ties.  

What kind of humanism expresses its reluctance to sacrifice military casualties by devastating the civilian economy of its adversary for decades to come?  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0684855674/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Henry Kissinger

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »
Here's more on Cross Creek from
http://www.heal-online.org
Angela Smith gives a detailed listing of all reportedly abusive programs - here is the information about Cross Creek:

Cross Creek Programs located in Utah is another World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools program.  Representative George Miller of California demanded in investigation into all World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and Schools after receiving hundreds of complaints from his constituents about the torture and abuse suffered by them and/or their children.  There is an online article detailing the allegations of abuse at http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/2 ... -4985r.htm.  As of January 9th, 2004, California Representative George Miller demanded, and was denied by John Ashcroft, an investigation into WWASPS.  According to Representative Miller of California, ?There is a laundry list of abuse of children at WWASPS schools: deprivation of food, deprivation of contact with their peers, physical abuse, mental abuse, sexual abuse, and parents are paying big money for services not rendered," Miller added in a Nov. 6 news release.?  For more statements regarding Cross Creek programs, read below or click here.

Here is one parent?s review after rescuing their son from Cross Creek as could be found at http://www.teenprogram.info/schools/view/1177 as of February 13, 2004:

?I recently picked my son up from this program after they wanted to send him to one of their affiliate programs out of the country. The tactics they use are dangerous, my son attempted suicide while there and no one even bother to let his parents know. The official diagnosis from this school was that my kid was a "spoiled brat". He is actually Bipolar and we were seeking a therapeutic school that would help him deal with his problems in a positive manner. I was shocked to learn that the parent reference list is made up of parents who will say anything to get a month of free tuition. Follow the money trail, they also give misleading information about your child's progress so that they will stay longer...more tuition $ for them I guess. My son is now in an amazing school, has not had a single incident of bad behavior, I speak to him weekly and things are looking up...no thanks to Cross Creek. If you have or are considering this school LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!!! If your child is already there insist on speaking to your child. I have already reported them to Utah child services. Oh by the way my husband and I are health care professionals...we hope anyone reading this will learn from our mistake.?

None of Nature's landscapes are ugly so long as they are wild.
-- John Muir

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2005, 12:43:00 PM »
Cross Creek is in LaVerkin Utah - near Hurricane - a small town.  It's also where Robert Lichfield lives - he's a very wealthy man in that community.  He owns a huge compound there.  Chances are - people will have problems with the authorities in that area.

La Verkin is near Hurricane which is near Saint George Utah.  

Innocence implies the ability to restrain from the initiation of aggression, and to question those who don't.
http://www.MisesRomania.org' target='_new'>Sorin Cucerai

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »
On 2005-04-18 08:29:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Heres a place to  start:

Christine Harold American Emabassy=(876)935-6000

US Emabssy

3210 Kingston Place

Duelles,Virginia 20189

Coalition for the rights of the children in Jamaica= Carol Narcisse (876) 946-9489

Deputy Child Advocate Embassy=Fax (876) 935 6018

Ambassador Sue Cobb in Jamaica =fax (876) 935-6035

Child Protective services in Jamaica; Treasure Beach= Winston Bowan (876) 967-1110 fax

American Embassy in Jamaica 876 929 5374

Jamaica radio show= Elizabeth Bennett   876 755-6397

Jamaican newspaper     [email protected]

Honorable Keith D.Knight QC,MP

Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade

21 Dominica Dr.

Kingston 5(876) 926-4200 thru 4228

Fax 876)929 -5112

Mrs Sheila Monteif Fealey Director International Organization Dept Ministry of Foreign Affairs

(876) 926-4220  fax (876) 929-6733

Ambassador  Marjorie Taylor

(responsible for all children in Jamaica)

Ambassodor for Children

Ministrey of Health   876 922 8461

fax 876 924 9988

"

bump!