Author Topic: Academy plans to expel rioters  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Academy plans to expel rioters
« on: April 12, 2005, 08:46:00 AM »

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs. ... 20345/1002

One cadet still missing after rampage at Lucedale school for troubled boys

By Julie Goodman
[email protected]

The director of the Eagle Point Christian Academy in Lucedale said Monday that his school was in session and operating normally following a weekend riot that landed nine cadets in detention.
"These young men that started this problem need to be held accountable," said John Fountain, who estimated there was several thousand dollars worth of broken glass on campus. "But the way the ball bounces in this type of thing, I'm probably going to take the heat for it."

A private security company remained at the home for troubled boys after a weekend disturbance left a dormitory damaged. Several cadets with injuries had been taken to the hospital briefly and released, Fountain said.

The riot began Friday at the private boarding school by cadets who wanted to "take over," he said, breaking windows, clogging toilets, vandalizing doors and damaging video cameras.

Four students ran away from the school Sunday afternoon. Three were caught and a fourth was still missing Monday. "He'll turn up sooner or later at somebody's house," said George County Sheriff Garry Welford.

Nine boys were sent to the Forrest County Juvenile Detention Center for being uncooperative with deputies, and were released to their families or to the academy.

Fountain said those students would be expelled from the school ? along with others. He said he expects the offenders to transfer to another school, go into the juvenile system or to their families. Some were charged with disorderly conduct.

"Windows are going to break and kids are going to get crazy and that's where I got to be held accountable and pay for their mistakes," he said. "Some of these kids, this environment just doesn't work for them."

Welford said it would be difficult to determine which boys were actually responsible for the property destruction.

Parents of former students at the school ? formerly the Bethel Boys Academy ? have alleged abuse, and some have sued the school.

On Monday, Fountain said there were no allegations of abuse connected to the weekend's incident.

The state Department of Health, which steps in when there are allegations of abuse or neglect, said it was aware of the incident but not investigating.

Bill East, a former prosecutor with the state attorney general's office, inspects the school quarterly as the academy's monitor, part of a 2003 Chancery Court consent decree that required the school to institute a range of changes from allowing restroom and water breaks during exercise to forbidding the use of electrical devices for discipline.

The decree was issued while the school was directed by Fountain's father, Herman Fountain, and abuse allegations drew the attention of state officials who sought to close the academy.

John Fountain's father was forced to relinquish all interest in the school, which admits about 100 students from all over the country. Fountain says he has worked to reform the academy.

The sheriff confirmed another teen had run away from the school recently wearing nothing but a sheet.

The dispatcher "could hear someone screaming and yelling in the phone," according to a copy of the Lucedale police report provided by the mother, who did not want to be identified.

"A lot of things are a concern to me down there," Welford said. But while he can't rule out the possibility of abuse at the school, most of the allegations cannot be substantiated.

The Department of Human Services said via e-mail the agency is not investigating because it had not received a request.

So that's how you get them to let you out of a WWASP facility!  I have a feeling "expelled" is code for "sent to Tranquility Bay".
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 08:52:00 AM »
So that's how you get them to let you out of a WWASP facility!  I have a feeling "expelled" is code for "sent to Tranquility Bay"."

Probably. What really worries me is that line about the kids who have been released "back to the academy"-- just think how awful that must be to the kids... after all their efforts, to simply be sent back...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 09:23:00 AM »
On 2005-04-12 05:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

The Department of Human Services said via e-mail the agency is not investigating because it had not received a request."

Hahaha, I wonder why they didn't request an investigation? :???:  :lol:

At least one kid got away, hopefully he can get away and stay underground with friends until he's 18... doubt that will happen though, I'm sure they'll find him and send him back. And all will be right with the world once again!

Can you imagine being a parents, having your kid there during a riot, and then keping them there to punish them. Fucking parents... Fucking programs, when will it end??

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »
When someone teaches them that they should stop drinking the punch, and to stop deluding themselves into thinking abdicating responsibility and parenthood to a bunch of strangers is the 'hardest thing' and 'best thing' to do for their kid, and get real, and be actual parents, and let their kid be a kid.

The fatal pedagogical error is to throw answers, like stones, at the heads of those who have not yet asked the questions.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22Paul+Tillich%22&btnG=Google+Search' target='_new'>Paul Tillich

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BethelAcademyAbuse/
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 07:07:00 PM »
"A lot of things are a concern to me down there," Welford said. But while he can't rule out the possibility of abuse at the school, most of the allegations cannot be substantiated.

The Department of Human Services said via e-mail the agency is not investigating because it had not received a request>>>>

This Sheriff being quoted in the article, he said most abuse allegations cannot be substantiated.  Why doesn't he mention that he is on Bethel's Board of Directors?  A little conflict of interest there?
heryle - My son was TORTURED and ABUSED at Bethel Boys Academy aka Eagle Point Christian Academy, aka Pine View Academy, Lucedale, MS.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The saga continues
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 12:01:25 AM »
Bethel has recently tried for over 3 years to re-invent itself.

John cannot do it, however, because he was brought up under the same abusive hands that have abused hundreds of children over the last 20 or more years. John is Herman's son. Can John, a product of Herman's abuse, philosohies and hyper-hypocrital religiosity, conduct himself in a manner that rehabiltates Bethel aka whatever alias it is using thesedays?

No, I cannot and do not believe he (John Fountain) can do that. I do not think he has the capacity. He is a product of a convicted felon that has a long term history of child and employee abuse.

John is a decent guy, but he just came from the wrong gene pool. Herman Fountain cannot be severed from that place because John Fountain is his son and is a product of an upbringing that has engrained him (John) with Herman's beliefs and ways.

On paper, Herman is out. As long as Herman lives and John has a telephone, however, Herman Fountain will forever, until his death, vicariously run Bethel Academy.

Offline survivor122770

• View Profile
Re: The saga continues
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 05:19:57 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Bethel has recently tried for over 3 years to re-invent itself.

John cannot do it, however, because he was brought up under the same abusive hands that have abused hundreds of children over the last 20 or more years. John is Herman's son. Can John, a product of Herman's abuse, philosohies and hyper-hypocrital religiosity, conduct himself in a manner that rehabiltates Bethel aka whatever alias it is using thesedays?

No, I cannot and do not believe he (John Fountain) can do that. I do not think he has the capacity. He is a product of a convicted felon that has a long term history of child and employee abuse.

John is a decent guy, but he just came from the wrong gene pool. Herman Fountain cannot be severed from that place because John Fountain is his son and is a product of an upbringing that has engrained him (John) with Herman's beliefs and ways.

On paper, Herman is out. As long as Herman lives and John has a telephone, however, Herman Fountain will forever, until his death, vicariously run Bethel Academy.

john was just a boy when i was there and probably a little better than the rest, however he still carries on the torturous imprisonments that the rest of his family started. his favorite saying is sue me? sue me for what? ive been sued thirty times. well all i can say dude is dont feel like you are above the law. one day we will make one stick. so talk big now because your day is coming. i only hate that your sentence will never come close to the torture that your family has spread for so many years. rest up buddy and get ready because you will never silence us and we are coming. and yes herman fountain does still silently rule the place through his idiotic puppets
was tortured at bethel childrens home for 4 yrs 84-88 i was there when it was raided