Author Topic: A warning about methadone maintenance  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
A warning about methadone maintenance
« on: April 07, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »
If you are opiate addicted for any reason and thinking of going on methadone maintenance: Please look into the matter carefully before making a decision.
 I know how it is wanting to stop the withdrawals from heroin etc..But unless you wanna stay on it for life dont start it (MMT maint)
 I abused all manner of hard drugs for 15 years and methadone takes the cake...Withdrawals are hardcore for at least 5 weeks and expect another 6 months to 3 years of PAWS(Post accute withdrawal Symptoms)
 Things the clinic wont tell you :
 Methadone kills sex drive and lowers hormones (this comes back after use stops)
 Methadone rots teeth and gets in the bone marrow.
 Methadone is 10000 times harder to kick than high powered heroin.
  Methadone clinics are for profit..and if you want off of it the taper regulations are designed so you fail..1) you only get 6 months to taper regardless of dose ~ thus dropping you so fast you  give in andf stop
 2) if you "cry uncle" the taPer IS MARKED "FAILED" and you only get 2 tries per year.

Ive kicked off of every drug there is to kick including valium and methadone is a monster.

I dont care your opinions on me personally and most likely will not read this thread again..Im merely posting a warning.
  Use methadone maintenance only as a last resort..and if you decide to go on it asnd want back off later your best bet is to earn carry outs..drop your dose by about 50 mgs and start putting the 50 mg you save in another bottle ...when you have about 20 oz of syrup you can cut clinic ties and start home taper.
 It will be the most painful thing you ever do.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 11:43:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: ;) on 2005-06-04 07:34 ]

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »
Methadone clinics promote drug addiction.

SIBS is the answer.