Author Topic: FRANK LANZA  (Read 18402 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FRANK LANZA
« on: April 07, 2005, 02:12:00 AM »
Frank Lanza saved many lives.   Daytop Village is and continues to be a business...shocking.   However, Frank saved many people.   For your morons who can't stand him (alive or dead)....maybe he was hip to your garbage.   Frank didn't take crap....and it was his j-o-b to run a facility.   Look in the mirror and oh by the way....people who live in glass houses ought not to throw stones.  God rest his soul and the thousands he helped.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FRANK LANZA
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 05:31:00 AM »
And what about the the thousands that he totally fucked with? I wonder how many of them suffer from PTSD today as a direct result of his abusive ways? What possible theraputic value does the humiliation of people have to do recovering from an addiction? He and others like him could never get a job outside of Daytop, they lack the education and credentials to work anywhere else. And by credentials I don't mean the one that they all conveniently grandfathered into, I'd love to see the results of them trying to actually pass the national test for substance abuse counselors.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
FRANK LANZA
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 08:14:00 AM »
Frank Lanza was an abusive, obstreperous, hurtful Daytop sycophant.

Where he is now is the best place for him.

I knew him personally and he was not a good man, no matter how you junkies spin it.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline odie

• View Profile
FRANK LANZA
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 12:45:00 PM »
I also knew Frank to be somewhat hardcore but he mellowed as time went on. The trouble with Frank and a lot of the oldtimers was they were and are out of touch with reality. What may have worked for them 30-40 years ago definately has no place in the substance abuse field today. But they are stuck in the mindset that worked for them must work for everyone. As far as " Those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones", my foundation is solid today not crumbling like it was in my years at Daytop. And anybody who had a good experience at Dasytop hey more power to you but I'm not going to sit in a dark room with a paper bag over my head anymore and hide. If anybody wants to deny that abuse happened at Daytop I say to them point blank..You're full of shit!

Hands that help are far better then lips that pray.
--Robert G. Ingersoll, American politician and lecturer

die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
FRANK LANZA
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 07:52:00 AM »
On 2005-04-07 09:45:00, odie wrote:

"I also knew Frank to be somewhat hardcore but he mellowed as time went on. The trouble with Frank and a lot of the oldtimers was they were and are out of touch with reality. What may have worked for them 30-40 years ago definately has no place in the substance abuse field today. But they are stuck in the mindset that worked for them must work for everyone. As far as " Those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones", my foundation is solid today not crumbling like it was in my years at Daytop. And anybody who had a good experience at Dasytop hey more power to you but I'm not going to sit in a dark room with a paper bag over my head anymore and hide. If anybody wants to deny that abuse happened at Daytop I say to them point blank..You're full of shit!

Hands that help are far better then lips that pray.
--Robert G. Ingersoll, American politician and lecturer

"

Here, here!  Kudos to the gentleman for speaking the objective truth.

Can you relate some events you witnessed to help readers understand Daytop a little more clearly?
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FRANK LANZA
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 01:32:00 AM »
FYI...I'm no junkie...NEVER was and NEVER will be.

I don't care how well you think you knew Frank Lanza, you should watch what you say.

You're probably just another one of these whiners.....If you and these other morons felt Daytop was abusive, you should have "split"...left the facility....PERIOD...THE END.

Whether Daytop is successful in treating people or not, stop blaming others...look in the mirror and help yourself.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FRANK LANZA
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 01:33:00 AM »
WAH....WAH....Another whiner.   If you were abused at Daytop...you should have "Split"....left the facility.....Stop your crying and bitching.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
FRANK LANZA
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 08:16:00 AM »
No whining or bitching here.  I was never a resident at Daytop.

However, I did know Frank Lanza.  We're all a little better off with his pill-junkie ass in the ground.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
FRANK LANZA
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 02:37:00 PM »
::bump::
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FRANK LANZA
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 09:42:00 PM »
I found these mssages to be very interesting.  I do know this..active addicts abuse themselves and those who are connected to them. DAYTOP is not abusive! DAYTOP is in the business of saving lives.  No abuse. Staff and peers just keeping it real for those whose reality had become distorted. DAYTOP saved my life.  If I cleaned it was because my house was dirty. If I got a hair cut it was because I acted out and needed to learn a lesson. I didn't split, but maybe those of you who felt you were being abused should have.  Nobody sent you an invitation and nobody forced you to stay! Thank you DAYTOP and all you  "abusive" staff memebers who got paid the "big bucks" and gave me my life back.
Charlene Mascia Parksville 1993-94

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FRANK LANZA
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 01:11:00 PM »
Parlksville huh...oh you mean that place where one of the staff was having relationships with female residents, a former director is smoking crack, another former director blew his brains out after relapsing, the stories go on and on...and thats just the tip of the iceberg.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FRANK LANZA
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 10:05:00 PM »
"Got a haircut because you acted out and needed a lesson"?   Ewwww.  That sounds pretty abusive.  Not right, think about it.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
FRANK LANZA
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »
On 2005-05-03 19:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

""Got a haircut because you acted out and needed a lesson"?   Ewwww.  That sounds pretty abusive.  Not right, think about it."

"Getting a haircut" is not what you think.  It's a term used by Daytop to describe a disciplinary action in which a staff and 3 residents berate another resident for bad behavior.

There are also "Dealt With's" and "Spoken To's" in addition to "Haircuts."

-Arnold Schopenhauer[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2005-05-04 07:57 ]
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FRANK LANZA
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2005, 12:56:00 AM »
Thank you for explaining that, I wasn't familar with the term and obviously took it literally.  I don't know what the answers are, the only thing that makes sense to me is to legalize drugs, regulate them and use the tax dollars to explore better ways in treatment.  Check out http://www.leap.cc

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
FRANK LANZA
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »
Thousands he helped?  You're STILL fucking high.

Helped what?  To get molested?  To get beat up?  To be abused, neglected and destroyed?

Frank Lanza was a pill-popping, rx forging JUNKIE with a junkie mentality to the very end.  Nothing more, nothing less.  A fucked up, abusive animal.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control