Author Topic: Uganda's Battle Against HIV/AIDS Thwarted by GWB  (Read 834 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Uganda's Battle Against HIV/AIDS Thwarted by GWB
« on: April 02, 2005, 12:06:00 AM »
Heard on NPR tonight that Uganda's battle against HIV/AIDS is being compromised by an Abstenence Only policy of public education. No discussion of condoms.
Want to guess who is funding, therefore determining how the public will be educated? Seems ol Georgey Porgey is friends with the presidents wife, 'who shares his christian values'.
Argument being, of course, there is NO/ZIP/NADA empirical evidence that AO is effective. There is empirical evidence that safe sex education/ condoms does work.

Why is religious dogma/rhetoric trumping empirical evidence???????
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »
Uh, hel-lo, Deborah.  This is nothing new.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 01:30:00 PM »
Uh, excusssse me DJ, but it was new to me. I suspected as such, but I didn't know for sure that Bush was funding the HIV/AIDS 'education' programs there.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700