Author Topic: FROM TORI  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FROM TORI
« on: March 30, 2005, 10:24:00 PM »
Hello everyone.
I have been reading the responses and new posts since my last post- its hard to answer some of the questions because my response goes after the last post and not directly after the questioners. I am quite hurt at the false remarks directed at my mom Alana- she doesnt get paid for helping p.u.r.e. or the whitmore- hence the name "volunteer". She is not a whore, or a liar, nor is she righteous or a puppetier, as I am no puppet. I am a human being. Your name calling is nothing but a waste of your time as well as my sensitivity.
No matter what I say in defense of the Whitmore gets only negative or rundant remarks.
I am hurt for the students' lives you've put public, I don't appreciate your conception of Cheryl and Mark. Why not come out here to Nephi and meet them? Would that be okay? I am not being obnoxious- I think it would be great if someone would come and meet these people for themselves.
Well here's some answers:
What happened to Erica? She took what she didnt like and multiplied it into food for those who cant stand programs. She never talks about how she hit a drunk man in Canada in defense of the Whitmore.
What happened to Joey? The same thing he did to his own family- bit the hand that tried to help him. He took drugs, got drunk, tried to hurt himself, and when we tried to stop him he ran away crying abuse. I have known him and his family since I was born. We are from Simi Valley California and our families are close- so I am a good source of his issues- lying and confusion.
I love Erica and Joey. I love Cheryl and Mark. Both sides are so separated now by misconception that no matter what I say both opinions are ultimately met.
What about communication? Well geez that's a brain storm- not! The kids can ask to call their families. If they don't, then they can talk about how wrong that is to some families in their family session. They really are encouraged to call. They even have a rule that they are to write their parents a letter once a week, make a copy, send the original through mail, and keep the copy in their journals. Most of them never cared to talk at home, why would they suddenly change now? They take time and it turns for the better sooner than later.
What about trips? The kids are supposed go to their teachers and principle all of whom are certified, and pass off what assignments to take with them on whatever trip they take. They are encouraged to do all of this, they have to keep a school bag with them, and time is set aside for school- again if they choose not to then theyre using the same cycles and bad habits that they probably brought from home- which they will eventually want to change, and then they will do their stuff.
This too is encouraged by positive peer pressure, parents, and self confidence. Trips are very flexible- it teaches a lot about sharing and dealing with life as it comes. Sometimes the itinerary changes...gosh forbid they get to go to the grand canyon (for example) at the last minute.
What about abuse? I can't even begin to think of what I could possibly say to persuade anyone into changing their minds. I am not blind or brain dead like one of you begs to differ, no I seek to understand. If a student hits another student then they get consequences, say having to write reports or have group session about the ins and outs of choosing a better way of communication. If this is abusive then gosh, why dont we go into our local high schools and file abuse on all the teachers who have seen their students hit someone. and lets call the principle names and say they are sexually harassing the whole school. then lets get the parents to lose sight of their own choices.
I am not looking forward to the responses that will have more name calling, and the counter responses that shut down my energy to help. But these are risks I took on just by posting in the first place.
I have good friends, and I love my Mom. Please don't call them bad names when you don't even know them. And as for your facts- some of them really are wrong. Thank you for your time again. Take care.
*Tori*
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FROM TORI
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 11:48:00 PM »
Tori, I re-read every post here, and no one called your mother a whore, no one.  No one said your mother was paid for referrals throught PURE. The question was asked--but no one SAID she was paid. It was also asked if any part of your tuition was waived for her referrals--and this question was not answered.

Why would copies of private letters to parents be made a part of a student's journal? It has been documented that Cheryl DOES read these jounals in her little group sessions. This is a total violations of student/parent privacy.

No mention whatsoever was made of Erica. So why bring her name up at all. All the vicious things written about this girl on this forum does not reflect any love towards Erica whatsoever either.

As for Joey--if you do not believe this boy was abused, then you have no idea of what the word abuse means.

As far as all the "teachers" being certified that is an outright LIE.  Mark and Cherly Sudweeks list themselves as TEACHERS and neither one of them are certified teachers. Mark is listed as a PE teacher, and Cheryl is listed as a DANCE teacher. Please do not post and write lies.

In the original KSL newscast, Samanatha Hayes referred to you as a "counselor."  What credentials do you hold that qualifies you, a mere teeenager as a "counselor?"  In her follow up story, she may be asking to see your credential, I believe.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FROM TORI
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 10:22:00 AM »
Any negative conception of Mark and Cheryl Sudweeks is of their own making, and from negative reports by students, and from parents' experience with these people. Parents had contracts with the Sudweeks--full of misrepresentations. Students have reported violations of these contracts and abuses by the Sudweeks. Therein lies the negative conceptions of the Suds.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FROM TORI
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 05:36:00 PM »
my mom did not receive any referral money. nor was my tuition waived. as for credentials- our english/history, science, math, pe, home ec, lifeskills, and tech teachers ARE ALL CERTIFIED.
as for my credentials- samantha hayes was the one who called me a counselor, all I am is a "peer counselor" aka a peer who relates to others in my age group. i like to help people get it through your head. erica was too mentioned- a lot of questions referring to her are all over. leave her alone. and joey? please. lets forget all the crap he pulled while abusing his close family and the kids at the whitmore. i will not go into details for his family's sake.
and in case you didnt know, in some high schools, especially private ones, sometimes someone with minor certifications can teach a specific class while being under the watchful eye of someone overseeing them like in their case. Of course you might make my statements into worthless again. but im trying to help.

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
FROM TORI
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »
Tori,

Usually, kids are sent to programs because there are problems at home.  I am sure Joey had his, and I'm sure most of the kids that end up at the Whitmore try the same types of things when they first get there as they did at home.  My problem is with what happened to Joey at the Whitmore, not what he did.  That's what is missing from your post.  

And what would you call advertising that you are certified through the Nebo school district to home school, when, in fact, that is not the truth. Isn't that taking people's money under false pretenses?  Isn't that just a flat-out lie?

I think the whole thing you are missing here is that the methods used at Whitmore are considered "child abuse" in most places -- maybe not Utah, but certainly every place else I know of.  Parents would be arrested for doing those very same things that happen at Whitmore.

Home schooling is monitered through school districts. There are certain standards the home schooler has to provide to their students under the district's supervision.  That was never done.

The Sudeweek state that their teachers are certified -- through whom???

Who is John?  He has been on the staff page for the last two years, yet no one seems to have seen him more than once or twice.  See what I mean?  

Tori, do you have a high school education?  Do you plan to go to college?  If you really want to help people, get an education, go into a field where you can really make a difference.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
FROM TORI
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 06:24:00 PM »
Tori, I think the trouble here is that your understanding of the situation is different from what some of the parents are told they're paying for.

Am I wrong?

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe.  -- My First Summer in the Sierra , 1911, page 110.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0395353513/' target='_new'> John Muir

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FROM TORI
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »
John is reported to be some  man who worked at a medical facility and rented a room at the Whitmore because he worked the evening shift and lived too far away to drive back and forth to his home each day. Awhile back he was on the staff sheet as the "night person," or some such thing.

Mark Sudweeks is on the staff sheet now as the PE teacher, and he is NOT a certified teacher.
Cheryl is listed as a teacher, and she is NOT certified. She doesn't even have a college degree.
The "techs" teach wood shop, karate, mechanics, horsemanship---one does not get certified for that.

Whitmore is in the "candidacy status" of accreditation.  The Suds need to stop advertising as "fully accredited."  That is false advertising. Anyone can check with the Utah Office of Education, Dr. Patti Harrington to veryify this.  Her vertification is more reliable than a teenager who "works" at Whitmore.

On the staff sheet: there are no names or photos for teachers of Math, Science etc.
There is the name: CALLIE--but from all that can be verified, this is some lady that  meets the kids at the Library for "English." Who knows if she is a "Certified Teacher or not"

I would think that Samanatha Hayes, or any reporter, reports what they are told. If she was TOLD Victoria DeGarmo was a counselor at Whitmore, then that is probably what she reported.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FROM TORI
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »
Tori, are you implying that a professional like Mr. Mike Godfrey does not know how to properly conduct an investigation for the State of Utah?  His investigation supports that Joey was in fact abused. Why do you suppose that in a meeting with Mr. Godfrey, Mr. Sevison from the Attorney General's office, Mr. Eldridge, the County Attorney, and the Sudweeks and their attorney---that the Suds surrendered their license for a treatment center?  Why do you think the authorities sent someone to Texas to take a statement from a witness? You probably have nothing to protect Joey's parents from. Their son was abused, and they are probably waiting for justice to be served for their son, as are the other students who have been abused at Whitmore. Joey was abused, from his first day at Lake Powell when Cheryl gave every kid the instructions "to make sure this Joey kid knows this will be the worse year of his life..." until the day he was rescued from Whitmore.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FROM TORI
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »
On 2005-03-30 19:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hello everyone.

I have been reading the responses and new posts since my last post- its hard to answer some of the questions because my response goes after the last post and not directly after the questioners. I am quite hurt at the false remarks directed at my mom Alana- she doesnt get paid for helping p.u.r.e. or the whitmore- hence the name "volunteer". She is not a whore, or a liar, nor is she righteous or a puppetier, as I am no puppet. I am a human being. Your name calling is nothing but a waste of your time as well as my sensitivity.

No matter what I say in defense of the Whitmore gets only negative or rundant remarks.

I am hurt for the students' lives you've put public, I don't appreciate your conception of Cheryl and Mark. Why not come out here to Nephi and meet them? Would that be okay? I am not being obnoxious- I think it would be great if someone would come and meet these people for themselves.

Well here's some answers:

What happened to Erica? She took what she didnt like and multiplied it into food for those who cant stand programs. She never talks about how she hit a drunk man in Canada in defense of the Whitmore.

What happened to Joey? The same thing he did to his own family- bit the hand that tried to help him. He took drugs, got drunk, tried to hurt himself, and when we tried to stop him he ran away crying abuse. I have known him and his family since I was born. We are from Simi Valley California and our families are close- so I am a good source of his issues- lying and confusion.

I love Erica and Joey. I love Cheryl and Mark. Both sides are so separated now by misconception that no matter what I say both opinions are ultimately met.

What about communication? Well geez that's a brain storm- not! The kids can ask to call their families. If they don't, then they can talk about how wrong that is to some families in their family session. They really are encouraged to call. They even have a rule that they are to write their parents a letter once a week, make a copy, send the original through mail, and keep the copy in their journals. Most of them never cared to talk at home, why would they suddenly change now? They take time and it turns for the better sooner than later.

What about trips? The kids are supposed go to their teachers and principle all of whom are certified, and pass off what assignments to take with them on whatever trip they take. They are encouraged to do all of this, they have to keep a school bag with them, and time is set aside for school- again if they choose not to then theyre using the same cycles and bad habits that they probably brought from home- which they will eventually want to change, and then they will do their stuff.

This too is encouraged by positive peer pressure, parents, and self confidence. Trips are very flexible- it teaches a lot about sharing and dealing with life as it comes. Sometimes the itinerary changes...gosh forbid they get to go to the grand canyon (for example) at the last minute.

What about abuse? I can't even begin to think of what I could possibly say to persuade anyone into changing their minds. I am not blind or brain dead like one of you begs to differ, no I seek to understand. If a student hits another student then they get consequences, say having to write reports or have group session about the ins and outs of choosing a better way of communication. If this is abusive then gosh, why dont we go into our local high schools and file abuse on all the teachers who have seen their students hit someone. and lets call the principle names and say they are sexually harassing the whole school. then lets get the parents to lose sight of their own choices.

I am not looking forward to the responses that will have more name calling, and the counter responses that shut down my energy to help. But these are risks I took on just by posting in the first place.

I have good friends, and I love my Mom. Please don't call them bad names when you don't even know them. And as for your facts- some of them really are wrong. Thank you for your time again. Take care.

*Tori*"

HOW EMPTY IT ALL LooKS NOW...........SAD GIRL....SAD LIES.....BLIND SUPPORT........ALANA dear..............believer yet?????

Offline Tha Truth

• View Profile
FROM TORI
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2005, 07:33:00 PM »
Tori,
We were really close when I was there and you know I love you. Why do you feel like you need to lie? By all means, if you believe strongly in spite of everything that Mark and Cheryl are truly good people then stay loyal. However, don't do yourself a disservice by being blatantly dishonest. If you truly love them and if you truly know yourself than you should present the complete truth. You feel like you need to protect them. When I was there I felt like I needed to protect them too. I realized when I got back that some seriously BAD things happened there that shouldn't be defended. In fact, they should be exposed. If you really wanted what's best for them you would do what it takes to help them break their habits of manipulating and (dare I say) abusing people. I will admit, I'm much more vengeful by nature than you are. I want more than to just stop them, I want them to be held completely accountable. I can accept the fact that you really feel that what you're doing is right, I'm just here to tell you it's not. I do not approve of people calling your mother names, I've met her and I liked her very much. She's a sweet and well-meaning person, much like yourself. Unfortunately, she too has been misled. She too refuses to see things from another perspective. I'm not here to kiss ass or kick it, I just want people to know the real story. I can acknowledge the fact that some people's experiences at the Whitmore are better or worse than others. Yours has been better than a lot, but don't discount everyone elses. When you say kids were punished for hitting people, that's blatantly  false. I was never punished. There was one time where Cheryl wanted to prove a point so she yelled at me but all the other times I never got responsibility packets, group, extra work...nothing. Out of all the times I was restrained ONCE by Mark on the cruise. That was after I'd beat two people and broken one person's nose. Things happen that should never happen there. I'm not excusing my behavior in any way, but I came there with anger problems to fix them - not to have them amplified. It was used as a tool to test my "loyalty". I loved Cheryl, I really thought I did. It hurt horribly to come home and realize just how deep the betrayal ran. Tori, I'm begging you, please tell the truth. Don't lie for anyone's sake, not to make the Sudweeks look any better or worse than they are. Don't sugar-coat any of these situations, expose them for what they are. No more, no less. I love you Tori and I hope you realize the truth for your own sake, not just foster your own version of it.
-Anneliese
Tha truth will find you out\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FROM TORI
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2005, 11:23:00 PM »
Mama Alana quit posting. Think she's still volunterring over at PURE? Still promoting Whitmore?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FROM TORI
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2005, 11:25:00 PM »
On 2005-07-03 16:33:00, Tha Truth wrote:

"Tori,

We were really close when I was there and you know I love you. Why do you feel like you need to lie? By all means, if you believe strongly in spite of everything that Mark and Cheryl are truly good people then stay loyal. However, don't do yourself a disservice by being blatantly dishonest. If you truly love them and if you truly know yourself than you should present the complete truth. You feel like you need to protect them. When I was there I felt like I needed to protect them too. I realized when I got back that some seriously BAD things happened there that shouldn't be defended. In fact, they should be exposed. If you really wanted what's best for them you would do what it takes to help them break their habits of manipulating and (dare I say) abusing people. I will admit, I'm much more vengeful by nature than you are. I want more than to just stop them, I want them to be held completely accountable. I can accept the fact that you really feel that what you're doing is right, I'm just here to tell you it's not. I do not approve of people calling your mother names, I've met her and I liked her very much. She's a sweet and well-meaning person, much like yourself. Unfortunately, she too has been misled. She too refuses to see things from another perspective. I'm not here to kiss ass or kick it, I just want people to know the real story. I can acknowledge the fact that some people's experiences at the Whitmore are better or worse than others. Yours has been better than a lot, but don't discount everyone elses. When you say kids were punished for hitting people, that's blatantly  false. I was never punished. There was one time where Cheryl wanted to prove a point so she yelled at me but all the other times I never got responsibility packets, group, extra work...nothing. Out of all the times I was restrained ONCE by Mark on the cruise. That was after I'd beat two people and broken one person's nose. Things happen that should never happen there. I'm not excusing my behavior in any way, but I came there with anger problems to fix them - not to have them amplified. It was used as a tool to test my "loyalty". I loved Cheryl, I really thought I did. It hurt horribly to come home and realize just how deep the betrayal ran. Tori, I'm begging you, please tell the truth. Don't lie for anyone's sake, not to make the Sudweeks look any better or worse than they are. Don't sugar-coat any of these situations, expose them for what they are. No more, no less. I love you Tori and I hope you realize the truth for your own sake, not just foster your own version of it.

-Anneliese
"

I believe this post is a "front"!  Check out other postings from "THA TRUTH" and find that this one is not congruent with the others.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe we have an imposter.  Imagine that!  :silly:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FROM TORI
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2005, 12:08:00 AM »
no, that was annie. my god, you people are ridiculous, and annie..give it up on that girl. Tori is so sucked in it is unbelievable. Trust me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
FROM TORI
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2005, 12:12:00 AM »
On 2005-07-03 21:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"no, that was annie. my god, you people are ridiculous, and annie..give it up on that girl. Tori is so sucked in it is unbelievable. Trust me. "

Oh...I think not!  Unless she has forgotten how to spell.  :em:

Offline Tha Truth

• View Profile
FROM TORI
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2005, 12:18:00 AM »
Whatever anonymous poster is saying I'm an "imposter" should just shove it. If you examine my other posts directed at Tori you will realize that my "writing style" is just the same. I'm always more careful and considerate when I write to Tori because if I talk to her offensively, she doesn't respond. I know that because I lived with her. Anonymous, I don't think you know much about anything so you should probably keep your uninformed  opinions of me to yourself.
Tha truth will find you out\"