Author Topic: Album Cover Art  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Album Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 08:40:24 PM »
:)

Offline frootloop88va

• View Profile
Album Cover Art
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 04:13:14 PM »
Interesting Album Cover.....White Zombie

Offline Rude Intrusion

• View Profile
Album Cover Art
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 08:52:47 PM »
I always really liked the Moody Blues: "Every Good Boy Deserves a Favor."

I also liked Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" a lot.
And also, of corse the Dark Side prism. And the Cow.
And when you come to think about it - the art for "Pulse" is also very interesting.

Zeppelin Four - I liked that one.

I also always liked "the White Album"  It was a clever way to deal with a lack of interesting cover art.

I also liked Nirvana's "Nevermind"

But my all time favorite has always been "Every Good Boy Deserves a Favor"
ashed Brains Shrink

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Album Cover Art
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 06:39:13 PM »
Quote from: ""Rude Intrusion""
Zeppelin Four - I liked that one.
Me too... I particularly like the inner fold-out with the old priest/shepherd standing on that incredibly steep rock above the little village holding the Star of David in a lantern.

I also always liked "the White Album" It was a clever way to deal with a lack of interesting cover art.
Do you know the story behind that? John wanted to put a naked picture of himself & Yoko on it but it didn't fly with either the rest of The Beatles or the record execs or both...so they just called it "The Beatles" and left it white...

I also liked Nirvana's "Nevermind"

That's a cool one too... the baby swimming after the dollar bill..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Album Cover Art
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 07:38:52 PM »
Another honorable mention has to go to Led Zeppelin for In Through The Out Door.  The album came with six different covers, each a shot from the perspective of the different people in the bar.  Cool enough, but the real clincher is on the inner sleeve, which was a pen and ink drawing of a place at the bar, ashtray, cigar, bottle, lighter, cash and coins, lemon drops, etc.  If you wet your fingertip and touched the individual items, the y changed to an appropriate color--the lemon drops became yellow, the cash green, the bottle blue, the lighter gray, the ashtray kind of blue-green, etc.  As far as I know, it was only on the original issue of the album; subsequent pressings did not have this feature.  A few months ago, a friend bought a copy from a used record store.  We tried it out and the watercolor paint still worked.  Pretty cool gimmick.

Also, the Grateful Dead get points for hiding the words "We Trip" on their first album, the word "acid" on Live Dead, and the words "we ate the acid" on Aoxomoxoa.  Also, the cover of Blues For Allah, with the grim reaper playing the violin is major cool artwork.

Another cool one is sthe Rolling Stones' Their Satanic Majesty's Request, with the moving picture of the band on the outside, one of those things like you'd find in crackerjacks or something, where you get the illusion of motion when you tilt the oicture right or left.  The inside artwork is pretty cool, too.

The woman on the cover of the Pixies' Surfer Rosa has an incredible pair of tits.

I always liked the cover art on Heaven and Hell by Black Sabbath, just for the concept, the fallen angels smoking cigarettes and playing cards, waiting on judgement day.