Author Topic: Looking for Cedu alumni  (Read 4574 times)

Offline KathyR

• View Profile
Looking for Cedu alumni
« on: October 19, 2002, 09:01:00 PM »
Looking for those who attended Cedu, Running Springs and graduated 1986-87.

Hope you all are well and happy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ith love and care~
Kathy

Offline Tim

• View Profile
Looking for Cedu alumni
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 04:07:00 PM »
I was there in 88 to 90, [email protected],
who or what are you looking for exactly?
feel free to e-mail me,
Tim

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Looking for Cedu alumni
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 03:28:00 AM »
I attended from April 1987 to September 1987.

Then I split.

If you remember someone who was hearing impaired, that was me.

You can contact me at [email protected]

Offline Jack1963

• View Profile
Looking for Cedu alumni
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Jack1963 on 2004-08-01 15:43 ]
ack

Offline gabriellegg

• View Profile
    • http://www.Blackvictory.com
Looking for Cedu alumni
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 03:20:00 AM »
On 2003-04-01 13:07:00, Tim wrote:

"I was there in 88 to 90, [email protected],

who or what are you looking for exactly?

feel free to e-mail me,

Tim"

Tim you silly one!
It's Gabrielle. (Grad 89)

Remember me?
quot;To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.\"
--Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Looking for Cedu alumni
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 09:24:00 PM »
Tim and Gabrielle, this is Carl. I have fond memories of both of you. Tim, I still have some great photos of you from Man of La Mancha :wink:

Gabrielle, while I did not know you long, you had my respect from day one. There was something about you that glowed, even through all the pain you were in.

Offline gabriellegg

• View Profile
Looking for Cedu alumni
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 10:02:00 PM »
Wow...Carl!
Long time. Thanks so much for your post. Your words were very kind.

When did you leave?

How are you?

G
quot;To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.\"
--Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Looking for Cedu alumni
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »
Gabrielle,
I left Cedu in 91. I wound up working at Cascade for 7 years. There were a few people there who took a different approach, but in the end there were still many abusive "counselors," under-educated, untrained, and spewing a lot of the old party rhetoric. I left when I realized I was banging my head against a steel wall.

I actually went to Academy at Swiftriver as Director of Counseling to help Rudy but I lasted six months before I realized what I had gotten myself in to! Since then I have been working as a therapist and it is much more my calling.
For the past 18 months I have been living in Bangkok, Thailand as a Psychologist and loving it here.

I have had to make amends with some former students. I know there were times when I was "over the top."
I will never forget when I first started at Cedu and was told my a staff member there I consider abusive beyond all decent norms, "Your degrees and and 10 years experience working with kids means shit here. You need to learn to do it our way."
Unfortunately, while the Emotional Growth industry has done some good things,. there are some abusive and "sick" people working in some of them and doing damage along the way.

If i was ever verbally abusive to anyone readin this post, I can only offer my sincere aplogies. Please no I never had ill intentions.

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
Looking for Cedu alumni
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2004, 08:48:00 AM »
Carl J.  I remember when you left.  It seemed like you couldn't make up your mind.  

I remember that 1 day you had house around the pit and told us you were leaving, and a  bunch of people cried to you about it in your rap later (I was there).

Then a week or two later, you called another house around the pit and said that you changed your mind and decided to stay, and Tim Brace congratulated you for your decision and made this big speech about how this was just another example of how great cedu is.

Then a few days later you just dissappeared, and then Tim told us that you had decided to leave after all.

What was the real story behind all that, anyways?

I remember you bitching me out in a few raps, but in general I would say that you were one of the nicer staff there.  Unlike other staff (RUDY, GUY, PATRICK, RUSS)you never tried to riddicule, embarrass, or humiliate me (In other words you weren't a bully).  I do appreciate that.  

Offline gabriellegg

• View Profile
Looking for Cedu alumni
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 09:01:03 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Gabrielle,

I left Cedu in 91. I wound up working at Cascade for 7 years. There were a few people there who took a different approach, but in the end there were still many abusive "counselors," under-educated, untrained, and spewing a lot of the old party rhetoric. I left when I realized I was banging my head against a steel wall.

I actually went to Academy at Swiftriver as Director of Counseling to help Rudy but I lasted six months before I realized what I had gotten myself in to! Since then I have been working as a therapist and it is much more my calling.

For the past 18 months I have been living in Bangkok, Thailand as a Psychologist and loving it here.

I have had to make amends with some former students. I know there were times when I was "over the top."

I will never forget when I first started at Cedu and was told my a staff member there I consider abusive beyond all decent norms, "Your degrees and and 10 years experience working with kids means shit here. You need to learn to do it our way."

Unfortunately, while the Emotional Growth industry has done some good things,. there are some abusive and "sick" people working in some of them and doing damage along the way.

If i was ever verbally abusive to anyone readin this post, I can only offer my sincere aplogies. Please no I never had ill intentions.

Thanks Carl.....
Thailand! Wow good stuff.
I am on that side of the world from time to time for work and it is beautiful..
--Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WHAT?
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 01:36:34 AM »
Gabrielle,

I rememeber you but I would not say we knew each other that well.

FUCK CARL JANOWITZ

Don't let that dishonest slimy hypocritical mother fucker steer you in the wrong direction. Or even let you think for a second that he was on our side.

SERIOUSLY.

I have heard from at least 3 girls that I knew while I was there that Carl has approached them and told them how hot they were and what he wished he would have/could have done to them.

That is THREE who have confided in me.

He was this disgusting no self respecting half wit that used his music to try and get the affections of 14 year old girls.

I guarantee he would go home and jerk off to their cop-outs.

Think about it? The guy is in Thailand???

Son of Serbia - how did this joker even fool you?

Carl - if you ever read this - FUCK YOU!!!

~JP~

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
Looking for Cedu alumni
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 04:38:43 PM »
JP,

Carl never fooled me, it's just that I really never got to know him.   He quit like a month after I arrived at cedu.  He  never fucked with me personally or gave me a hard time, but I wasn't in his family, so my interaction with Carl was very limited.  Obviously I didn't know Carl like you did, but I did know you, so if you say that Carl Janowitz is a sick creep, then I'll certainly take your word for it.

Offline Hated Cedu

• View Profile
Class of 1980.....take these feelings and shove them, Cedu.
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 12:55:58 AM »
My name is Tracy, and I arrived at Cedu/Running Springs October of 1980.  I was 17.

These are my "fond" memories:

I remember Pat Brown.....the pig farmer.  Didn't he marry that red headed bitch?  It was a hoot how John Padgett (mother fucker) announced in a rap how Pat had fucked his sister-in-law.  Like we really needed to hear that.

I remember Dan and Carmen Earl.  Disgusting and cruel.  Didn't Dan screw Jennifer Polson?  That's what I heard. Hope he didn't, but he probably did.  Carmen, by the way............fuck you.

I remember a student, named Steven Goodyear.  A really nice kid from the south.  He was killed in a car accident driving down the highway to San Bernardino.  He was flying home.  I guess they named a garden after him, which was really nice.

I was there when the kitchen caught on fire.  Needless to say, I didn't shed a tear.

I remember Rhonda Huber, Randy Eide from Chicago, Pam, Nancy from Chicago, Howard Uben who was kind of cool, etc.

But do you want to know what I remember most?

My parents drove up from the San Fernando Valley on their first visit to see me on 12/28/80.  Thank God, we had a wonderful visit.  That visit ended at 5:00 p.m., and at 5:15 p.m., my father suffered a fatal heart attack, and died.  Their car crashed into the fence behind the pizza place in the town of Running Springs.

Of all fucking people, it was John Padgett that took me to once side, and told me my father had died.  Lurch from the Addams Family would of told me in the same manner.  "Your father had a heart attack.  He's dead."

That's all John said.  Jesus Christ, John.  What in God's name was wrong with you?  You had no business working with children or young adults.  

Then, there was debate as to if I would be "allowed" to attend my dad's funeral.  I was able to attend......I should be so grateful, I guess.

I finally split during a doctor's appointment in Sherman Oaks, and never looked back.  

I'm 44 years-old, and have made a good, happy life for myself.  Yet, I wonder how that joint ever stayed in business.  Who was really qualified to run that school?

My rant is over, and apparently, so is CEDU.  Thank God.
IP Danielle Allgood, Carmen Earl, John Padgett......enjoy your rot in hell!  :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Looking for Cedu alumni
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 08:02:27 AM »
Thank you for posting. It's tragic, what happened to your pa.
You have important information.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the hell I called CEDU
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 06:54:56 PM »
Thank God for this forum.  I honestly felt that I was the only one that didn't enjoy their "Cedu experience."

My God, it really was a cult, wasn't it?