Author Topic: Who knows Dean Vause - lets have some facts here too  (Read 34771 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who knows Dean Vause - lets have some facts here too
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2003, 11:15:00 PM »
could you please fill me in on the actual daily program that aarc puts it's clients through?
i am concerned, as my brother has just joined today as an alternative to jail. please get back to me!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2003, 11:35:00 PM »
It is basically "group therapy" all day and night, although not that theraputic. Your brother will be monitored 24-7 by "oldcomers" and not be allowed to have contact with you or your family with the exception of "talks" which is a supervised discussion held twice per week and involves your brother giving a detailed description of a time where he used drugs or drank. At first he won't know the proper way of doing this and the Talk will last about two minutes. As he grows practiced and learns how to break it apart and embelish it will last about five minutes. Eventually he will be able to return home at nights and he will begin hosting Talks instead.

Your brother will eat breakfast in a "host home" and then start mornings at AARC off with a prayer. Until lunchtime he will take part in "Raps". You can read and see pictures of Raps at http://www.thestraights.com.

After lunch - bck to Raps. Dinner - Raps. etc. He will occasionally be able to make use of the excercise equipment in the building but this will not be often.

The hours of the days differ but eventually he'll return to a host home. They try to send you to a different host home as often as possible so that nobody feels "safe". Most host homes are decent places although there has been some serious issues. Either way he'll probably be happy to return to any household as long as he's out of AARC!

Your brother has the right to request to see his probation officer as often as he pleases and he is allowed to see this probation officer alone where an AARC staffer is not within hearing distance. Please make sure that he is allowed this right! To ensure this you will need to develope a relationship with the probation officer and ask him/her to make phone calls to AARC and speak directly to your brother, and to judge his responses by the tone in his voice, considering that the calls will be monitored. Or He/she can set up a code word during a private meeting that can be used on the phone. Your brother has the right to request being sent BACK to prison, although the probation officer has the right to choose against it. If your brother is being mistreated he will not be able to tell you, and so his probation officer is his only guardian.

You may also want to ensure that your brothers lawyer continues a relationship with him. There have been others who have made the same decision and they were unable to return to prison where they felt safer. However a client did regain freedom because of a consistent lawyer. The theory behind court ordering someone to rehabilitation is that instead of setting a release on a specific date they hand that decision over to the treatment facility. Therfore as long as your brother is in AARC his case is not truly over and his release needs to be negotiated.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2003, 12:39:00 PM »
You said:
"i am concerned, as my brother has just joined today as an alternative to jail. please get back to me!!"

If you haven't registered on this site I recommend that you do so, then go to private messages and I can give you my e-mail address so that we may talk about this less publicly.  
I would like to know which person or persons in authority are dictating these alternatives.  I am a lawyer in Edmonton and am aware of a number of court rulings regarding AARC.    

Was this court ordered? Probation Officer recommendation? Was it Child Welfare? Social Workers?, Parents?  
I have a feeling that somebody hasn't been adequately informed of their rights in the matter.  Does he have a lawyer?  Does the lawyer have exposure to the two sides of the debate.  Contact me on "Private messages".

By the way, watch W5 on CTV tonight.
uote of the Year
The Bush administration has succeeded in making the United States one of the most feared and hated countries in the world. The talent of these guys is unbelievable. They have even succeeded at alienating Canada. I mean, that takes ge

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2003, 07:51:00 PM »
As far as I know the AB courts are no longer court ordering youth to AARC but they might still be giving it as an option to the youth, which most youth take thinking it will be an easy recovery system and they'll be free sooner.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2003, 08:40:00 PM »
Does ANYONE realize that even posting on this site there is no so-called 'freedom'.  We are not free to speak our mind, or the truth as we see it...if something comes up that offends 'Velvet' (as she likes to be called, when it is convenient to her), she simply deletes, edits, or changes to her suiting....or, posts a message under 'Anonymous' in order to argue, to pick apart, or to slant what she disagrees with...it's a complete joke!!!  This site is nothing but a world for 'Velvet' to manipulate and control, and release her own obsessive, compulsive, addictive personality on.  If your intentions for this site are freedom-of-speech, if they truly are sincere and honorable, if you can be objective...THEN HAVE THE COURAGE TO LET PEOPLE SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES AND LET THE WORDS STAND ON THEIR OWN!!!

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2003, 09:55:00 PM »
If you watched W5 tonight you would have received a well balanced view of the whole situation----
In summary --- Jessica Bruen -- stole for drugs, featured at  the beginning of the program and at the end, thinks that but for AARC she'd be dead.
Dean Vause --- "every one an addict", society has deemed them "unsalvagable"    Uh huh!
Danielle  a "newcomer -- signed a consent to stay , parents same -- found "tremendous repetition" with the rap sessions  -- "sounds like behavoiur modigfication to me"
Dean Vause " I think of it as therapeutic"
Ralph Klein & Sarah McLaughlin -- positive
Professor Barry Beyerstein, (psycho-pharmacologist)  -- (the only one with any credible credentials so far )"highly suspicious -- brainwashing"
Then we go to Ivy Ridge and the WWASP stuff
at $60,000.00 it's "big business"
Jason Finlayson denies the abuse really happens
Dundee Ranch Academy
Casa by the sea
Brainwashing -- abuse
Ryan Friedenberg ---, Jason's father
Jason Finlayson "we don't hog-tie kids"  Deny deny deny -- (reminds you of wife-murderer and politician Colin Thatcher, don't it?)
Marty Heath -  ISAC has AARC in it's sights
Jessica McArthur
Program ends with the question as to whether the ends justifies the means Professor Barry Beyerstein thinks not.  

Dean Vause was given lots of opportunity to justify his methodology.  CTV gave a balanced view and allows viewers to reach their own conclusions.  

Certainly a lot less under the control of AARC than "Recovering Krystal"  I wonder what David Suzuki thinks?

So... did "Velvet" edit that?  I think not.  I suggest that the CTV program is entirely consistent with what Velvet has been doing on this site for quite some time.  ................
enjoy
uote of the Year
The Bush administration has succeeded in making the United States one of the most feared and hated countries in the world. The talent of these guys is unbelievable. They have even succeeded at alienating Canada. I mean, that takes ge

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2003, 11:54:00 PM »
Who is Jason Finlayson???????

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2003, 11:12:00 AM »
He was the manager of a centre that was closed down.  Now managing another one
About abuse ????  It's just Deny, Deny, Deny.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »
On 2003-10-04 18:55:00, Hamiltonf wrote:

Dean Vause --- "every one an addict", society has deemed them "unsalvagable"    Uh huh!

"

I wonder if the filming crew thought to check that out with "every one" of the inmates .  Or had Dean Vause convinced the inmates they were "unsalvagable" addicts as part of their introductory indoctrination.
So just who was it that deemed them "unsalvagable" Dean?
It is offensive to suggest that anyone is "unsalvagable" and certainly, most un-Christian.

Hypocrite.

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2003, 05:29:00 PM »
I guess it's Finlinson.

We don't do that anymore is an admission that you did it.
uote of the Year

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2003, 11:03:00 AM »
Velvet, you have just completly lost all of your credibility in my eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2003, 11:15:00 AM »
In response to Anonymous starting "First of all I don't know why my last post appeared as anonymous...that was me. "

Just a couple point from my perspective:

-all the prostiutes I know in AARC used to support their habit

-the statistics now come from (I don't know where they were from before) research done by a clinical staff member in AARC, who interviewed graduates 100-199 and came back with the statistics that 80% were sober today, 15% confirmed using and the other 5% they didn't know about.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2003, 04:21:00 PM »
I was between graduate 100 - 199 and nobody made an attempt to interview me. There wouldn't be any reason for me to fall into "5% they don't know about". They could have just called because they still have my contact information and there's no reason for anyone from aarc to think that they can't couldn't call me or for that matter that I'm using.

So really, I don't think there's any basis behind what they are saying. If they interviewed anyone at all it was probably just the clients still in the inner circle of aarcville. If that's the case then the success rate is really really bad.

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2004, 03:54:00 AM »
There's no scientific basis for the kind of statistics AARC uses.  
Reason :
1.  They only use "graduates" to measure success.
2.  There is no measure of theose who do NOT graduate.
3.  There is no objective measure of whether those "entering" the program had any "problem" to start off with anyway.
4.  Ther is no definition of what constitutes a "problem" in any event.   Only what Dean Vause and his cronies try to tell you is a problem
5.  It's all in how the cases are filtered  --- how much money can the gullible parents afford to pay, etc etc.
uote of the Year

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2004, 09:14:00 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHH this colum is soooo funny. I check in every couple of months..absolutely halarious...keep it up velvet   you give me much comic relief!!!!!! AHASJHDASKJSDKLOLOLOLOLOLOL