Author Topic: I know the truth about Cheryl  (Read 9653 times)

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
I know the truth about Cheryl
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »
The very LAST GOAL in my life would be to be a
"wanna be Cheryl Sudweeks."

Thank you very very much.!!!!

I can not think of one trait about Cheryl Sudweeks that I would aspire to.

No more than I would offend her and say she would aspire to my greatness.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2005, 12:27:00 AM »
Whitmore is not advertised as a Christian-based school. It is not advertised as being supported by, or endorsed by the Mormon Church either.  The only mention of the Mormon Church was: Mark and Cheryl Sudweeks attend the Mormon Church, and if you wish for your child to go with them, they will need a dress or skirt, if a girl--since pants are not acceptable attire. There was no mention that attendance at the Mormon Church would be mandatory--WHICH IT WAS!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »
Who really knows the truth about Cheryl? Who can understand a person who behaves on this level of manipulation towards kids? Who?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »
Why's Whitmore still on the internet as a Bed And Breakfast?  Why's the license through the City of Nephi still a license for a Bed and Breakfast?  Huh?

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2005, 02:38:00 AM »
Joyce Herris first you say that they are not accredited, then you say that they are just a school and are accredited (Damn girl) make up your mind it looked like you are confused GET OFF THE DAMN SITE we don't need your lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flame:

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »
I said the Whitmore has "candidacy status" accreditation from the Utah Office of Education, young man.  I do not lie.  That is far from "fully accredited." Are you the new spokesperson for Whitmore now?

If so, you need to get your facts straight before you call a person a liar.

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »
spokesperson of course not, i'm just a former student who was there about 4 months ago and I know the truth there is nothing wrong with the whitmore

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »
There is something terrribly wrong with Cheryl Sudweeks when she refuses to send transcripts to students, and then the students have to repeat a year of school; OR they have to take the GED to get into college. That is wrong. School records should be sent from the Whitmore when requested. That is the right thing to do! Sure hope you get yours!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »
Why then is she and Mark under investigation for child abuse?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2005, 02:37:00 PM »
Is Elliot going to get his transcript? Seems he came on and supported the Sudweeks. That should earn him his transcript, wouldn't you think so, Cheryl?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »
Elliott, graduation is May...are you getting your transcripts?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2005, 12:16:00 AM »
My guess is you will not get your transcript.  My son received his from the Whitmore and it turned out to be phoney.  The DHS could not verify it and furthermore Cheryl and Mark could not and would not provide standard legal documentation that they were accredited.  My son was supposed to be enrolled in the BYU highschool transcript program while he was with them.  I called BYU after my son was out of the program because Cheryl would not send the transcripts.  She kept telling met he did not do all the work.  I found out he was never enrolled and that BYU was having major problems with these people for a long time.  BYU told me that the Sudweeks would enroll one kid, copy the course work (launder it) and add their own work and work from other places (makeshift)and try to have BYU accredit it.  BYU tried for one year to get proof of accreditation- but the Sudweeks could not provide "standard legal documentation" that they were accredited.  And yes the authorities were notified and nothing was done. And yes, my son did have to get his GED.  Thank you Cheryl and Mark.  But of course it's not their fault- seems nothing ever is.  Not even the Canada and Mexico incidents that made the papers.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »
"OF COURSE" it is not Mark and Cheryl Sudweeks' fault--never is, right???
How about having courses on a transcript from Canada when your child has never set foot in Canada?  Probably a "little clerical error."
After "graduation for Whitmore" think it is standard procedure that kids have to take the GED to go any further in their education. I believe the "graduation exercises" at Whitmore is just something to do to gather in the loyal parents just a little tighter into the Sudweek cult--just a little more "bonding."  Seems to work.  Just look at Alana DeGarmo and her daughter Tori--Sudweeks have them "in" solid. That lady even returns for "graduation week," and her daughter, a teenager, works at the Whitmore and gets to call herself a "counselor." Sorta scary when you think about it.

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »
Please contact me via private message concerning your son's so-called transcript.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »
On 2005-03-30 21:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

BYU tried for one year to get proof of accreditation- but the Sudweeks could not provide "standard legal documentation" that they were accredited. And yes the authorities were notified and nothing was done.

I think this issue is going to boil down to a matter of culture shock. I'm guessing you live in an area where homeschooling is not a big trend. But, in a lot of the country (especially the more religious areas) there's a HUGE backlash against compulsory school attendance and a lot of skepticism over the real value of those formal credentials compared to the time, effort and committment required to attain them.

I think it's worth noting that the Suds seem to be misrepresenting the issue to so many different people. But the fact that they're not providing a standard, DOE approved education to their students may go down on the plus side of the ledger in many people's minds.

Give me the youth, and Germany will rule the world.
--Hitler

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes