Author Topic: Hidden Lake academy  (Read 75201 times)

Offline revengeofamuffin

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2005, 11:17:00 AM »
I would like to know where all of my college money went and how someone could talk my parents into paying that much money for such a worthless program. The whole reason I got sent down to HLA was because I was thought to be a stoner. Which, by the way, I was not. After I got pulled they realized I am simply just extremely ADHD and Dyslexic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
on\'t believe everything you read on the internet.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #226 on: May 19, 2005, 02:05:00 PM »
On 2005-05-19 08:17:00, revengeofamuffin wrote:

"I would like to know where all of my college money went and how someone could talk my parents into paying that much money for such a worthless program. The whole reason I got sent down to HLA was because I was thought to be a stoner. Which, by the way, I was not. After I got pulled they realized I am simply just extremely ADHD and Dyslexic."

Call HLA and speak to Dr. Buccellato.  I'm sure he can tell you in which of his investment portfolios your college savings now resides...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #227 on: May 25, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »
On 2005-05-19 08:17:00, revengeofamuffin wrote:

"I would like to know where all of my college money went and how someone could talk my parents into paying that much money for such a worthless program. The whole reason I got sent down to HLA was because I was thought to be a stoner. Which, by the way, I was not. After I got pulled they realized I am simply just extremely ADHD and Dyslexic."

Another fine example of why emotional growth programs are bullshit and a complete waste of money. If HLA is so good, then why couldn't they figure out you were dyslexic?  Maybe they could've if only they cared about you.  Unfortunately, The only thing places like HLA care about is profits.

Good luck to you.  I sincerely hope that you find the answers you're looking for.

.[ This Message was edited by: Son Of Serbia on 2005-05-25 14:30 ]

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #228 on: May 29, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »
bumpity-bump
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2005, 04:35:00 PM »
thats what i was thinking too.. haha

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2005, 03:22:00 AM »
Going to events off school property is not what it seems, unless you are told to talk to people you cant and will get in trouble for doing so. Yes you get to see your parents but its not always 4 monthes I went 6 without seeing mine.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #231 on: July 27, 2005, 03:37:00 AM »
Yall need to stop bickering!!! I dont know which one of yall knew what but The students knew the qualifications or lack there of of the staff members and frequently asked the staff if the rumors were true about where the came from and usually got some sort of honest answer. There are too many people at such a confined school to keep secrets.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2005, 03:54:00 AM »
usually 4- 14 students went at any given time wether it was a trip or com. servive or church.And i do know because i went on those trips pg26

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #233 on: August 26, 2005, 04:36:00 AM »
I swear, just reading through this board, it's amazing how quickly within your search for "truth" and "justice" against HLA, you take such grand pleasure in biting lasciviously into anyone who disagrees with you.  Even when they're not directly disagreeing.  A person could simply mention in passing that they'd heard of Hidden Lake and a response would line up somewhere along, "So what you're trying to say is that you AGREE with the evil fascism because you didn't burn the place down at first glance" etc. etc.  Yes, it's a stretch, but as noted, that's the point.

So obvious that I feel it needs to be said (as I'm sure it's been resaid here over and over), whether it be first-hand or research, all we have is our observations.  I can understand the people who are upset, hurt, and what not.  I can understand the people who see Hidden Lake as an opportunity.  I can't understand people who shred on complete strangers and add over-the-top presumptuous statements that would make a conspiracy theorist blush.

If you have a serious purpose, don't dash it with atavistic name-calling and slander.  If someone has had an actual positive experience, well by golly if you shouldn't find out how such an experience was had.  Support I understand.  There are some great, great kids at HLA.  Some of them are truly there for the better.  Some of them would be better off elsewhere.  But for all the horrors entailed within certain views of the school, you should look on those positives as a glimmer of hope, a sign of change.  Or you could simply say, "no, no, I think I disagree."

HLA is not the same school it was 10 years ago.  It's not the same school it was 5 years ago.  In 5 years, it will change.  In 10 years, even more.  No one can excuse past events or present debacles but being openly rude and vile here isn't going to a solve a gosh darn thing.  If the school were operating without the proper license, the state would handle it.  They do that.  There are people in little cubicles whose entire life occupation consists of such wondrous tasks.  If those cubicaleers happened to be on an extended lunch break, I'm sure at least one lawyer has looked into it and something substantial would be brought up.  If nothing has been done, maybe it's because "they" subjugated the law where all others have failed...but that would be venturing into the "I doubt it" game and aces are wild.  The laws I love; the lawyers I suspect.

Bottom line: Enough with reading between the lines to the point of making yourselves sound ridiculous.  Enough with flaming.  Basic rhetorical ideals (that boil down to nothing more than "just be polite") can get a point through easier than anything else; whether or not any sort of actual "hey, you've made me change my mind" moments will truly happen in this sort of environment is completely moot - it all boils down to intellectual masturbation at this level.  Hearts and minds are quite hardened when that people post here.  Share your stories if you want to incite change, just spare your dear readers the raging infernos...I think I'm starting to peel.   :silly:

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2005, 12:30:00 PM »
Your statement seems to suggest that we who attended the school anywhere from 5 to 10 years ago have a valid claim against the school then?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »
oh well thank god that my claims of how shitty hidden lake was to the kids gets validated by some prick who really doesnt know what they are talking about. i was there from 98-2000. i dont pretend to know what its like now but i cant see how the place could have gotten any better, especially with that cocksmoker lee parham still working there. im sorry if this is not "intellectual" or is "rhetoric" but honestly, i don't care what anyone thinks about me or the way i choose to present my ideas. Yeah, im flaming hidden lake and "its a raging inferno". shut up dork, you try having your life taken from you, and being treated like you were a fucking criminal at 14 years old. not to sound cliche but some scars, not physical, that I gained there will never heal.  I may not have been a good kid, but i grew up to be a great man, and I and everyone i surround myself with knows that, but regardless of that, the way i was treated was ridiculous. If hidden lake were to continue changing as you said in the next 5-10 years and start honestly caring about and helping kids, then I guess, good for hidden lake. I speak nothing but the truth about MY experience and MY experience alone. You can defend hidden lake all you want to me, it doesn't matter, because I lived it. For all I know, it could now be a summer camp with gumdrop smiles and chocolate rivers. I highly doubt it, but I don't "flame" hidden lake for now, and I don't have a right too. I flame them for 20 months that I experienced myself, and no amount of anyone saying "all youre doing is slandering hidden lake" is going to change that. Im not posting because I feel the need to engage in some sort of dialog about hidden lake. There is no intelligent conversation to be had with me about this place. I know what i went through, and no one is going to change that, or make me "rethink" my position.

dan pg26

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #236 on: August 31, 2005, 09:21:00 AM »
Dan how can someone get ahold of you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #237 on: August 31, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »
I wonder if you would have been the great man you are today without the intervention your parents sought for you when you were 14.  All life's experiences shape who we are today, the good ones and the bad ones.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #238 on: August 31, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »
Instead of wasting $75,000 they could have gotten the same "character building" results you're talking about by simply holding him down and kicking him in the balls repeatedly while yelling at him about how bad he is.

Your "that which does not kill you makes you stronger" philosophy is bunk.

Hell, prison costs nothing.  According to your logic, if he succeeded after prison, then prison was good for him.  Helluva lot cheaper, too.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #239 on: August 31, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »
Why are people so hung up on the cost?  $75,000,$100,000 is nothing to some people.  If people are not willing to pay that much the price will go down and level off at the point where the school is at or above capacity.  The drug cartels in south america and elswhere are living large because we are willing to pay.  If we stopped or slowed down the price would drop, the price of oil, same thing etc.