Author Topic: Hidden Lake academy  (Read 75518 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2005, 10:25:00 PM »
WANNA KNOW ABOUT hla
AIM Stlrfn52
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline SHH Anon Classics

• View Profile
    • http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=13488&forum=41&start=34#165552
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2005, 10:36:00 PM »
I have been observing this debate and I was thinking don't the parents have to sign something that they agree to the terms of a school's rules? If it was in the parent manual that the students might miss visits then why be shocked when it happens? I hold the parents responsible in part for whatever happens to kids at boarding schools because if they sign agreements about what is going to happen and then it does, then the parents are agreeing to whatever the kid goes through.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2005, 10:51:00 PM »
You're right, anon. But what do you do when parents fuck up? Do we just let the kids suffer, even knowing that they're the generation who will take up for us when we're old and tired and incontinent? Only around 1% of parents fall for this bullshit. But it's growing. I really don't hold out a lot of hope for influencing those truely devoted cult worshipers. My aim is to hold them to shame in their communities.

Next time some dumb, narcissistic yuppie says "oh, we sent him to boarding school." hopefully the friends, family, teachers and neighbors will ask a few questions.

I cannot see how a man of any large degree of humorous perception can ever be religious -- unless he purposely shut the eyes of his mind and keep them shut by force.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2005, 12:33:00 AM »
Yes, the parent should be responsible, hence the warning that they request a copy of the parent manual and study it well before making a decision. That goes for ANY program.
Otherwise, you don't get the parent manual until after you've made a commitment. Yes, you may hear the basic verbal run down. But, you won't hear the specifics. In other words, you hear 'best case scenario'. Reality can be very different. In my case, they violated several policies written in the parent manual. So, ultimately, what good is the manual?

"Because our program, at approximately 18 months in length, is shorter than many similar types of programs, we are highly structured and must adhere strictly to the planned schedule. In rare instances, this policy results in parents and students not seeing each other for approximately four to six months at the beginning of the program- depending on the length of time it takes a particular PG to form." "...necessary for helping students settle in and make commitments to their work at HLA."

"Due to the ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS for seasonal breaks, we normally have a SUBSTANTIAL percentage of our students REAMAINING ON CAMPUS during these breaks."

In case you missed it, that's a quote. Do you think they would give this warning if it weren't true? My guess is that when parents read it, they think, 'oh that won't happen to my child'. And then a few might think, 'i won't see my kid for 2 years.'
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2005, 12:40:00 AM »
***That comment was directed toward the former employee otherwise known as dysfunction junction, not you. I meant to put their name before that section, sorry.

Nope. Sorry, but that's 'not an accurate depiction of reality.'
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2005, 12:57:00 AM »
Two years of the 'fake' Dr. Sisk

and then how many years with the 'unethical' Rudy Bentz that 'no one liked':
B.A. in Literature
M.A. in Fine Arts in Creative Writing
Ed. D. in Educational Leadership

Who next? And/or in between?

Was Greg Lindsey replaced by Dr. Cates because he lacked credentials?

Greg H. Lindsey, M.A., L.P.C., has worked with families and youth for more than 20 years. As a therapist, educator and administrator, Greg has been instrumental in establishing successful and respected treatment models, treatment programs and residential centers. His insight and experience in helping parents and difficult youth has led to his involvement as a board member for national organizations. As Clinical Director for the Savannah Family Institute, Greg supervises therapists, conducts ongoing research, fulfills grants and contracts and conducts training workshops nationally. He is a Licensed Professional Therapist in Georgia and a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Florida. Greg has an M.S. degree in counseling from Colorado Christian University. In private practice for seven years, Greg specialized in marriage, family and adolescent counseling. His prior work experience included five years as the headmaster of Hidden Lake Academy; a fully accredited boarding school that focused on the therapeutic and academic needs of oppositional adolescents. He also was the Director of Counseling for the Eckerd Intensive Halfway House and was Senior Therapist for the Center for Children in Crisis. He was a secondary school counselor, guidance counselor and coach for 11 years at The King?s Academy. In most of his positions he has supervised therapists and support staff, managed budgets, and consulted for other treatment facilities. Greg has particular experience in setting up Adult and Adolescent Sexual Offender Treatment centers and Parenting and Parent Training programs. ****

Questionable, depending on the definition of 'child care':
(3) Director. The governing body of the institution shall designate a director who shall be authorized to manage the institution.
(a) Any director employed on or after the effective date of these rules shall possess at
least one of the following qualifications:*
1. A masters degree from an accredited college or university in the area of social sciences, social work, childhood education, or business or public administration or a related field plus two years experience in the field of child care;*
2. A bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in the area of social sciences, social work, childhood education, or business or public administration or a related field plus four years of experience in the field of child care.*

Now, shall we take a look at the credentials of the Director of the unlicensed boot camp, woops, wilderness leadership program.

Keith Antonia ,  Director
Keith Antonia graduated from the University of Connecticut in 1981 with a B.S. in General Business Administration and holds a Masters degree from the Naval War College in National Security. Recently retired as a Lieutenant Colonel, Keith completed 20 highly successful years of service in the U.S. Army as an infantry officer in Airborne and Ranger units. Throughout his 20 years leading soldiers under hazardous conditions, he became an expert at managing and mitigating risk. His effort and supervision led to an outstanding safety record. His last assignment in the Army involved commanding the Mountain Phase of the U.S. Army Ranger School in Dahlonega, Georgia. His goal is to provide a rigorous but safe wilderness leadership program for Ridge Creek students. He and his family currently reside in Dahlonega, Georgia.

Any insight into why he is no longer DIRECTOR?

[ This Message was edited by: Deborah on 2005-04-08 22:44 ]

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2005, 08:37:00 AM »
1.  I was the intake counselor for ALL students coming into HLA.  I know for a fact students were "diagnosed" as ODD without EVER RECEIVING A PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION. (unethical, fraudulent)

2.  The "school" was full of non-credentialed employees (Tom, Dean, Lauralyn, Jill, Rudy and many others). (unethical, fraudulent)

3.  People at or near the top of the hierarchy had PHONY DEGREES.  (unethical, fraudulent)

4.  I personally authored treatment plans for nearly every kid that came through the doors and those plans were "showed off" to the parents, but NEVER FOLLOWED. (unethical, fraudulent)

5.  I have degrees in Psychology and Sociology as well as an MBA.  I think I AM qualified to comment on the "treatment business."

6.  I worked directly with the Headmaster and owner and was privy to information that an Operations employee could never be.

7.  I personally authored the Employee Handbook.

8.  I personaly authored HLA's Policy and Procedure Manual.

Do you blindly dispute these statements?

Please, Mrs. Gray, don't try to impugn my character, experience or credentials because, ONCE MORE, you are not in possession of the FACTS.

Instead of saying "the problems have been corrected," why can you not simply admit, even if it was early on in the "school's" history, that MANY parents were defrauded out of hundreds of thousands of dollars and nearly every child was cheated out of what they deserved?

Your arguments would take on more gravity if you appeared less like a sycophant and more like a thoughtful debater.  

If you would like to debate the efficacy of this treatment modality or this specific institution, I would be glad to do so, but not if I have to supply baseline information to educate you to the level where you can sustain a coherent argument.  That you will have to do on your own.  Until you do so, your points will be flatly rejected as raw speculation, which is precisely what they are.

I mean, you don't even know how many seats were on the goddamn buses, even though you claim to have examined them.  If you can't even get the TANGIBLE facts straight, how can you argue the theoretical?[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2005-04-09 06:52 ]
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2005, 08:48:00 AM »
On 2005-04-08 19:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I have been observing this debate and I was thinking don't the parents have to sign something that they agree to the terms of a school's rules? If it was in the parent manual that the students might miss visits then why be shocked when it happens? I hold the parents responsible in part for whatever happens to kids at boarding schools because if they sign agreements about what is going to happen and then it does, then the parents are agreeing to whatever the kid goes through."

Yes, make no mistake that the parents are accountable for sending kids to these awful places and often for the behavioral problems the children exhibit.  

The question is, "Who is going to advocate for the imprisoned child when the parents abdicate responsibility?"
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2005, 11:30:00 AM »
::bump::
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2005, 02:31:00 PM »
Mrs. Grey as happy as it makes me tosee you back here and to shoot all of your retarded comments down why are we discussing the same things over and over again? Its been established and verified several times over that you have no basis for claiming HLA to be a postive enviornment as you had little to no involvement with the day to day workings of the school. In terms you might better understand, why talk about things when its obvious to everyone you dont have a fucking clue?

Since youve apparently finished your big project early though let me ask you, did you ever go ahead and make those calls to all those agencies I refered you to in order to verify the proper liscensure of HLA. Also what about all those pictures you went on and on about. Looking forward to hearing back from you Mrs. Grey.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2005, 02:42:00 PM »
Robert, don't hold your breath waiting for an intelligent response from Mrs. Gray.  You won't get one.

And the research you asked her to do?  You can forget that.  Even if she did make the calls she would simply come on here and lie directly rather than admit you were indeed correct and that she has absolutely no idea about what she's "discussing."

I have thoroughly shot down her "arguments" (if you can call them that) but yet she persists in giving feeble excuses about HLA and resorting to ad hominem attacks that have no basis in reality.

Each and every time she has posted I have thoroughly rebutted her fallacious statements and faulty logic using nothing but documented facts, but that seems not to matter to her.  

Like I said, don't hold your breath...

-Arnold Schopenhauer[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2005-04-10 11:44 ]
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »
You know ...I havent come on here and insulted you in a personal way..I disagree with statements made on here that are exxagerated and out of context. but you have...very mature indeed...very mature..not like I give a flying rats ass though...because no matter how many times you say I am LYING I am NOT lying about what I experienced. SO WHAT if I didnt remember EXACTLY how many seats were on the buses...my point was that there ARE buses to transport to events. The last time I rode on the buses it was 1999 and almost 6 years ago. And Robert I havent had time to research anything about the sites you mentioned I have BETTER things to do like go to work and raise kids and take care of disabled family members. And my pictures are in a storage buiilding I  rent that I havent been able to get to because of working late at work until after dark, and it has no interior lighting. and damnit QUIT CALLING ME MRS GRAY!!!!!!!!!!!! that is NOT my name. Want me to start calling you by your REAL names "Robert" and "Dysfunction" ???? I will if you dont cut the immature crap and start calling me by SHH. I asked nicely twice......Now Im not going to ask so nicely anymore...QUIT CALLING ME MRS GRAY. CAPICHE??????? GOOD!

OH and yes dysfunction you have bashed me sooooo sufficiently..dont you feel intelligent now. You know there were only 12 children the first 2 months of the school being in existence..within the year I think it totaled 40..you worked SOOOO hard on those 40 kids  doing their intakes didnt you. Quit exagerating your position I know precisly who was in charge then and who called the shots and it WASNT YOU so quit dreaming. You  really need to get a life and quit dwelling on something that happened 11 years ago. The school is a FAR different place then those first 2 years so if the school has improved and fixed mistakes made who the hell cares now??? Its done, in the past, over with...get over it already.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »
Thats was for you Mrs Gray :wave:

• View Profile
Hidden Lake academy
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2005, 09:14:00 PM »
Anonymous person you messed up the board with your response. Now it's almost impossible to read. Please edit.