Author Topic: Darrington & WWASP  (Read 4958 times)

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Darrington & WWASP
« on: March 07, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »
http://www.isaccorp.org/documentsam.html#darrington

ISAC has some interesting photos of Darrington Academy - and some interesting documents.

Folks - take a look at the place - its a strip motel  - or at least that what we call them - the kind were  its one long building, and each room opens to the outside. Often considered the kind that one night romps take place in, as opposed to vacations.

How do you suppose they keep the kids In?

How can they operate a residentional program in such a place and not be breaking fire codes?

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Darrington & WWASP
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 09:32:00 AM »
They aren't listed with the Office of Regulatory Services as a Residential Treatment Center.
http://www2.state.ga.us/Departments/DHR/ORS/

Need to get on the horn and notify them of the services provided at the compound and their need to be licensed and regulated.
(404)657-5700

and/or email them at:
http://www.doe.k12.ga.us/_dbs/schools/p ... stemID=655

Nor are the listed at Ga Accrediting Commission as a Private School
http://www.coe.uga.edu/gac/members/private.pdf

Alert the ORS to which of these regulations they have violated in previous locations:

290-2-5-. 14 Discipline and Behavior Management.
The institution shall develop and implement policies and procedures on discipline and
behavior management. Such policies shall set forth the types of children served in
accordance with its program purpose, the anticipated behavioral problems of the children,
and acceptable methods of controlling such problems. Such policies and procedures shall
incorporate the following minimum requirements:*
(a) Discipline shall be administered primarily by direct care staff and shall be limited to
the least restrictive appropriate method, as described in the child's service plan pursuant
to Rule .10(b)6.*
(b) The following forms of discipline shall not be used:*
1. Assignment of excessive or unreasonable work tasks that are not related to the
resident's misbehavior;*
2. Denial of meals and hydration;*
3. Denial of sleep;*
4. Denial of shelter, clothing, or essential personal needs;*
5. Denial of essential program services;*
6. Verbal abuse, ridicule, or humiliation;*
7. Chemical restraints, except as provided for in Rule .12(3)(d)3. (Psychotropic
Medications), or mechanical restraints;*
8. Denial of communication and visits unless restricted in accordance with Rule .10(b)7.;
and*
9. Corporal punishment.*
(c) Residents shall not be permitted to discipline other residents except as part of an
organized therapeutic self-governing program that is conducted in accordance with
written policy and is supervised directly by designated staff.*
(d) If used, time out isolation procedures in excess of thirty (30) minutes must be
approved by the director or designee and any use of isolation shall not exceed 24 hours of
duration unless approved in writing by the physician who has responsibility for the
diagnosis and treatment of the child's behavior.*
(e) If used, an isolation room shall only be used if a child is in danger of harming himself
or herself or others. An isolation room shall be constructed and used in such ways that the
risk of suicide is minimized.*
1. A child shall not be placed in an isolation room in excess of 30 minutes unless
approved by the director or the staff member in charge of casework services. Not more
than one resident shall be placed in the room and no child shall be placed in an isolation
room for more than 24 hours in duration. The room shall be equipped with a viewing
window on the door so that staff can monitor the child. A child placed in an isolation
room shall be visually monitored at least every 15 minutes.*
2. An isolation room monitoring log shall be maintained and used to record the name of
the isolated resident, reason for isolation, time of placement in room, name and signature
of staff member that conducted visual monitoring, and time of removal from room.*
(f) An institution whose staff uses physical control techniques to control and restrain
children shall develop and implement written policies and procedures that describe the
techniques used, under what circumstances they are used, appropriate techniques to use as
alternatives to physical control, and which staff are authorized to use physical control
techniques.*
1. If physical control techniques are used, authorized staff shall receive orientation and
annual training on the uses, and appropriate techniques to use as alternatives. Such annual
training shall be part of the twenty-four (24) clock hours of annual training required in
Rule .08(6)(d)2.*
(g) All disciplinary action taken that involves physical control and isolation, shall be
recorded in children's case records showing the cause for the discipline, the form of
discipline administered, and if needed, approval by the director, the staff member in
charge of casework services, and the physician who has responsibility for the diagnosis
and treatment of the child's behavior. Other forms of discipline administered by direct
care staff should also be documented in case records in order to insure that such records
reflect disciplinary problems.*

(a) Provisions shall be made for mandatory education of all children in care in accordance
with O.C.G.A. 20-2-690 et seq. or its successor statute. For purposes of these rules, an
on-campus school is defined as a private school, and must be in compliance with the
above law.*

(b) An institution shall ensure that children receive timely, qualified medical and dental
care when they are ill and that they continue to receive necessary follow-up medical care.

Children's activities as stated in their service plans shall provide for leisure and recreational time. An institution shall procure and maintain a variety of recreational and leisure equipment and supplies such as games, sporting equipment, reading materials, and art supplies.*

(b) Daily routines of children shall provide for appropriate personal care, hygiene, and grooming commensurate with age, gender, and cultural heritage. All necessary toiletry items and supplies, such as soap, shampoo, hair brushes, tooth brushes and paste, deodorant, and bath towels, shall be provided.*

(c) Children shall not be held solely responsible for the accomplishments of any work activity of the institution such as food preparation, laundering, housekeeping, or facility maintenance. Children shall not be considered substitutes for employed staff.*

(e) Children shall be permitted to participate in religious and cultural activities in accordance with their cultural and ethnic heritage.*

(1) An institution shall provide each child with meals and snacks of serving sizes
dependent upon the age of the child based upon nutrition guidelines as established by the
United States Department of Agriculture Child Care Food Program.*
(a) Meals and snacks shall be varied daily.*
(b) Additional serving of food shall be offered to children over and above the required
daily minimum if not contraindicated by modified diets.*
(c) Modified diets based on medical or religious reasons shall be served to children as
needed. Modifications due to medical reasons shall be based on the written order of a
physician and the order shall be placed in the child's case record.*

(a) The institution shall have separate sleeping areas which contain not less than 63 square feet of usable floor space per resident. Single bedrooms shall contain at least 75 square feet of usable floor space. Usable floor space does not include built-in closet space. The preceding requirements on usable floor space shall apply to any institution licensed alter the effective date of these rules and to any licensed institution that renovates its current sleeping areas or increases its capacity by adding new buildings or
areas to the institution. Beds shall be arranged to provide for at least three feet of space
between the heads, foot, and sides of each bed. If bunk bed units are used, they shall be
arranged to provide for at least five feet of space between the ends, foot and sides of each
bunk bed unit. Boys and girls shall sleep in separate sleeping areas.*
(b) Each child shall be provided with his or her own personal space and furnishings for storage of clothes and personal belongings.*
(c) Each child shall be provided his or her own personal bed and mattress that is no shorter than the child's height and at least thirty inches wide. Clean sheets, pillows and pillow cases, blankets or bed covering shall be provided and sheets and pillow cases shall be changed or cleaned at least weekly. Water proof mattresses shall be provided as needed as required by the child's assessment and service plan.*
d) Bedrooms shall be provided with outside ventilation by means of windows, air
conditioners, or mechanical ventilation.*
(e) No nonambulatory child shall be assigned bedroom space above the first floor of the
institution.*
(f) No staff member shall sleep in children's bedrooms. Separate sleeping quarters and
lavatory for staff shall be provided in the living units.*

(a) There shall be separate lavatory (water basin and toilet) and bathing facilities for boys and girls that shall be located near the sleeping areas. Such facilities shall not be used routinely by staff.*
(b) There shall be at least one lavatory equipped with hot and cold water and mirror for every eight residents or fraction thereof. Rooms that contain more than one toilet shall contain stalls for individual privacy. Each lavatory shall be supplied with toilet paper and holders, and individual hand towels, or disposable towels, or mechanical hand drying (c) There shall be at least one shower or bathtub with hot and cold water for every ten residents or fraction thereof. Bathtubs and shower stalls shall be equipped with nonslip surfaces.*
(d) Lavatory areas shall be ventilated with either an open screened window or functioning
exhaust fan.*
(4) Living Room. For institutions licensed on or after the effective date of these rules, the
institution shall maintain a living room or den for the children residing in a living unit. Such space shall be equipped with comfortable furnishings suitable for relaxation and social interaction.*
(5) Dining Area. The institution shall maintain a dining area that is furnished to permit children, staff, and guests to eat together in a small group or groups.*
(6) Climate Control. The institution shall be maintained at a temperature range of
sixty-five (65) degrees Fahrenheit to eighty-two (82) degrees Fahrenheit, depending upon the season of the year.*
(7) Ceilings and Walls. All ceilings shall be at least seven (7) feet in height. Ceiling and
walls shall be of good repair.*
(8) Windows. All windows that can be opened and that are used for ventilation shall have insert window screens. Windows and screens must be in good repair.*
(9) The institution shall be kept clean and free of hazards to health and safety and of debris and pests.*

(10) Exterior Grounds. Exterior grounds of the institution shall be free of hazards to health and safety.*
(a) Garbage which is stored outside shall be stored in covered containers and shall be
emptied at least weekly. Garbage storage areas and containers shall be cleaned periodically to eliminate buildup of dirt and grime that attracts pests and rodents.*
(b) Playgrounds and recreation areas used by children shall be kept clean and free from
litter and hazards to health and safety.*
(c) Swimming Pools. If an institution has a swimming pool on its grounds, such pool shall be enclosed with protective fencing and be free of contamination. A certified lifeguard shall be in attendance at all times that a swimming pool is in use by any resident.*
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Darrington & WWASP
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 06:55:00 PM »
where?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Darrington & WWASP
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »
never mind. i see it is ga.

Offline chi3

• View Profile
Darrington & WWASP
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 02:31:00 AM »
This is interesting! Somehow Darrington got my home no# and address, and have been hounding me to send my child there. I have already told them i am not interested, but they have continues to contact me. This is not that far from where i live. I may have to check it out. anybody want me to ask them any particular questions when they call again? I get the source magazine monthly. i will check it out and see what's new in there about them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Darrington & WWASP
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 04:50:00 AM »
Find out all you can.  I'm sure we would all be interested.

Offline BSarro

• View Profile
Darrington & WWASP
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »
CHI3, I am happy to hear that you are considering Darrington Academy as a possible placement for your child. I think it is an excellent program.I think you are showing some signs of coming around. I congratulate you on that.

God helps those who help themselves.                     Take marriage seriously.                      Once the Wedding Ring goes on the finger,it stays on the finger.    [ This Message was edited by: BSarro on 2005-03-12 09:20 ]
od helps those who help themselves.                            Take marriage seriously.                             Once the Wedding Ring goes on the finger, it stays on the finger.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Darrington & WWASP
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »
I notice that it's very near Hidden Lake Academy in Dahlonega
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... forum=9&99

I wonder if they know each other?

The time appears to me to have come when it is the duty of all to make their dissent from religion known.
--John Stuart Mill

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Darrington & WWASP
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »
On 2005-03-12 09:18:00, BSarro wrote:

"CHI3, I am happy to hear that you are considering Darrington Academy as a possible placement for your child. I think it is an excellent program.I think you are showing some signs of coming around. I congratulate you on that.

You really must be quite the idiot. She had her girl in a WWASPS program, found out the truth, and took her out.

:lol:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-- Benjamin Franklin

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Darrington & WWASP
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 04:49:00 PM »
On 2005-03-12 11:16:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"

On 2005-03-12 09:18:00, BSarro wrote:

"CHI3, I am happy to hear that you are considering Darrington Academy as a possible placement for your child. I think it is an excellent program.I think you are showing some signs of coming around. I congratulate you on that.

You really must be quite the idiot. She had her girl in a WWASPS program, found out the truth, and took her out.

:lol:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-- Benjamin Franklin

"

Nihilantic is being overly generous.  Idiot would give him or her an IQ of about 67.  It's more likely we're talking 35 to 40 (about the IQ of a rabbit.  Darrington and WWASP are connected, SHEEZ!

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
Darrington & WWASP
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »
No they're not. If you still stand by that statement bring forth some proof of this!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Darrington & WWASP
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »
I notice that it's very near Hidden Lake Academy in Dahlonega
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... forum=9&99
I wonder if they know each other?

I'll respond to this in the HLA thread, so as not to distract from the topic of this thread.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Darrington & WWASP
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2005, 06:33:00 PM »
On 2005-03-12 14:27:00, Perrigaud wrote:

"No they're not. If you still stand by that statement bring forth some proof of this!"

Perrigaud,

With all due respect, the connection seems to have been made and documented on the Isac website and on the Tish forum.  What more do you require?

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
Darrington & WWASP
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »
What's the link? I'd sure like to see it. If I'm wrong then I apologize.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Darrington & WWASP
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »
On 2005-03-12 15:41:00, Perrigaud wrote:

"What's the link? I'd sure like to see it. If I'm wrong then I apologize. "

No apology necessary (thanks anyway)  I dug this up-

http://www.isaccorp.org/documentsam.html#darrington  

http://www.bulletinboards.com/view.cfm?comcode=Titsch

Tisch's board you're gonna have to scroll down about seven messages, but it's there.  They both have docs.

Hope I helped.