Author Topic: Keep Salvia Legal  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Keep Salvia Legal
« on: March 03, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »
Missouri legislators are introducing another bill, this time to scheduling both S.D. and Salvinorin A.

They're pretty serious about getting it banned. We'll see what happens with it though, and as always, keep those cards letters and emails going to the legislature to at least try and keep this rampant hysteria from getting a foot in the door.

Also, keep the CCLE site bookmarked, and keep spreading the word:

> http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/dll/sal ... center.htm

"Salvia divinorum is fascinating. So many surprises in one plant: its exotic chemistry, its late discovery and its ease of production, and the bizarre states of mind into which it conveys one. It will be a great challenge for our community.  If we move discreetly with it, the dinosaur mind of the establishment may leave it alone.  Right now, its legal status means that for the first time since the middle Sixties a powerful hallucinogen is present in society and is legal."
-- the late Terence McKenna, interviewed by Entheogen.com 12/1997

"At first, I was iridescent...then, I became transparent. Finally, I was absent...."

-- Paul Kantner, Blows Against the Empire
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline idioteque

• View Profile
Keep Salvia Legal
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 11:34:00 AM »
It'll be interesting to hear their reasons for banning it. It doesn't cause death and it's not abused.

People don't steal their granny's SSI check and blow it on Salvia. Nobody in their right mind would roll out of bed and say "Shiiit, I needs me some salvia divinorum!"

As 'drugs' go, it's pretty innocuous. I blame High Times for this. Anything sold in the back of their magazine is the kiss of death for that substance.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Keep Salvia Legal
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 12:54:00 PM »
On 2005-03-05 08:34:00, idioteque wrote:

As 'drugs' go, it's pretty innocuous. I blame High Times for this. Anything sold in the back of their magazine is the kiss of death for that substance."

You're right about that.  Up until early 1985, you could buy MDMA (Ecstasy) in the back of High Times.  I think it was Tim Leary who said "If I were a DEA agent assigned to discredit intelligent drug use in this country, I couldn't do better than High Times magazine."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Keep Salvia Legal
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 06:42:00 AM »
I tried it.  Sucked.  Won't try that again.  Hey, I did get a nice glass bottle out of the deal.  Used it when I made tincture of marijuana.  Reckon it wasn't such a waste of money after all.  :smile: