Author Topic: Letter Writing Campaign  (Read 1281 times)

Offline enough

• View Profile
Letter Writing Campaign
« on: October 14, 2002, 07:41:00 PM »
Howdy Folks, I am James Lloyd, I was a trainee at the Atlanta Gulag and was a phaser from 83-85.

Mike Moore recently made a film about Columbine called Bowling for Columbine, it addresses the Gun culture adn its effects on our society.

I encourage all of us to write a letter to Mike's public email address and request that he take up the story of the cult and those who founded and promoted it, as well as the tortures that took place inside.

he can be contacted at:

[email protected]

This guys is probably our best chance at getting the story into a film format and show at a major festival where it may have some impact.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline cata_strophe

• View Profile
    • http://www.asunderpress.com/poe+pro.htm
Letter Writing Campaign
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2002, 03:33:00 AM »
Dear James,

The song "Take the Skinheadz Bowling" came to mind when I first saw the commercial for "Bowling for Columbine."  It's a funny name and I do love dark comedy.  Are you aware that there is a book called "A Clockwork Straight"(Straights) and another called "Duck in a Raincoat" (elan)and that some posters have told me MSNBC is in touch with some folks at this site?  

Did you know a reporter came by for the NY Times but put the story on the back page of lifetime and that another writer is trying to get the Elan people to make a theater/documentary that she writes about and that many people seem bent on shoving each other down and shutting each other up?!?  Is there a reason that people do NOT want to see an actual "real" work created that might show a real version of what went on at these terrible places?  Is it maybe just-too-close?  

Are these all rumours?  Which is real?
I wonder because I haven't seen much of that book at the Straight site and we don't have much for Kids.  I like the "Libertarian" site for kids except I am more liberal than "libertarian" and I also think that Michael Moore is more leftwing too... Did you know that he is leftwing?  I think that is GREAT but I don't know what some of the people here would think.

Anyone have any issues?
Ideas?
Documentary a good idea?
Go with what we have?

Come on let's hear what is with this and has anyone ACTUALLY gotten up the guts to write to this guy while he is being interviewed on every magazine I look at and opening his movie which also started out with just "shooting the breeeze" cause that's how stuff starts out and begins to happen....

So do you know him?
I don't like doing things that are a waste of time but if he is interested and people want to come together...I will even do an interview on his work and continue with my own stuff and I hope you James can get the apathetic to wake up and to-----

GO FOR IT!

Meanwhile, Ginger?  How about another conference for all the sites or else the wayward forum, can't we do this?  

A thought.

Sluggo the First :smile:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
his Website hosts a poem by *cata* under her *real name* Elizabeth Mourant and is the *plaasma pick? for October\'s week* for an Octoberish *undergound zine* available online-- Editor Lance Vargas only addy  above will take you to *Asunder Online.*  Stay