Author Topic: Bethel Girls Academy - CLOSED  (Read 7098 times)

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Bethel Girls Academy - CLOSED
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2005, 11:52:00 AM »
There are many forms of abuse.  Not all are physical.  I've said before that the damage that was done to me was far worse in the psychological sense than the physical.

Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and tortuous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind.
--Thomas Paine, American revolutionary

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline *Free_Now*

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2005, 11:21:00 PM »
hello i am 15 years old i was at bethel in may when they shut that place down for like the 5th time there was some abuse going on weather MR FOUNTIN and the rest of the screwed up people think it was or not. i saw a girl be rolled im the mud 2 for cussing. one time a girl did not listin and on mr fountins orders the leader incharge was told to beat her i was awaken by her loud pain full filled screams that next morining girls went on strik for her and mr fouintin through 2 chairs and a table at her she had to do buckets and listin to preaching types for 1 week stright all day this is only a small poirtion of the story and if this is not abuse what is?

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BethelAcademyAbuse/
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2005, 11:39:00 PM »
Honest question.  Did you tell your parents about your treatment?  What was their response?  When DHS interviewed you, did you tell them everything?  Did they listen?
There is a victim from Bethel Boys Academy, Lucedale, MS. who just recently told me that a month or two ago DHS came in and interviewed those boys.  He told DHS what was happening and DHS took down this boys' parents phone numbers (home, cell, work).  Yet, in talking with this Mom, she never rec'd any phone calls from DHS.
heryle - My son was TORTURED and ABUSED at Bethel Boys Academy aka Eagle Point Christian Academy, aka Pine View Academy, Lucedale, MS.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2005, 11:40:00 PM »
I know youre angry about this, but its hard to follow you when you type up something as angry as you are now. I myself get really worked up all the time by the crap I see here, but sometimes you just gotta take a step back and collect yourself, and then type.

Also, go to http://www.isaccorp.org and tell them what happened to you. Get your parents to go there. GO TO THE COPS! If you dont go to the authorities then nothing will be done! Its difficult, I know, but whats done must be done. If you ever want to see these people put in jail, its gonna take a lot of work.

Because if you dont do anything... they'll just reopen in another building under a new name :sad:

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2005, 04:16:00 AM »
On 2005-02-27 20:40:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"Because if you dont do anything... they'll just reopen in another building under a new name"

No, they are going to open in the same building under a new name.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2005, 04:17:00 AM »
On 2005-02-27 20:21:00, *Free_Now* wrote:

"she had to do buckets"

What are buckets?

Offline *Free_Now*

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005, 04:29:00 PM »
buckets are where you have to carry 2 buckets 25lbs each up and down a hill all day transfering water from a small pont to a large pond but when you are almost filled with the small pond they dump the small pond out (a small pond is like a little fake one that is used for decoration)i saw all i speak and i know the girl this happen too she and her parents want to sue but dont know who to contact.

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2005, 06:57:00 PM »
I know of a girl that had to do this.  Her name started with an "M".  Yet, when the last raid happened her goofy parents were one of the first to send her back.  Why are they willing to listen to her now?  Tell them to e-mail me, I will fill them in on what they need to do to join one of the many lawsuits against Bethel Boys Academy, Lucedale, MS., Eagle Point Christian Academy, Lucedale, MS. or Bethel Girls Academy, Petal, MS.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BethelAcademyAbuse/
heryle - My son was TORTURED and ABUSED at Bethel Boys Academy aka Eagle Point Christian Academy, aka Pine View Academy, Lucedale, MS.

Offline *Free_Now*

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2005, 07:09:00 PM »
what eles do you know about the "M" girl? :question:

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »
I know about "M".  I tried to find a way so that she did NOT have to return to that hell hole.  There were some female Bethel supporters that tried to state that "M" loved it there and changed into a nice religious robot girl.  WRONG.  Any teen that is troubled - abuse and torture will not and cannot help.
Also, realize that the real world is not that way.  Had we left our son at Bethel Boys, I am sure he could have complied to every "yes Sir".  Forced to exercise for hours and hours.  Yet, out in the real world if he decided he wasn't going to school, as parents we couldn't have electrocuted him so he would go.  We would be in prison.  Yet, the Fountain family allowed the boys to be electrocuted.  The state of Miss. just wanted them to sign a piece of paper saying that they wouldn't do that anymore.  Oh, and take down the electric fence.  @@

Offline *Free_Now*

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2005, 07:43:00 PM »
i think they brain wash you there into beliving that they are doing good and helping you and its strange that some of the girls love the fountian family i think that it is called stockhomes sysdrom. ( thats where you have a strange relationship with your abuser).

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »
Related Articles:

Reforms don't stem allegations

Academy has no mental health care professional
By Julie Goodman
[email protected]

LUCEDALE ? Students arriving at Eagle Point Christian Academy go through a two-week evaluation intended to sort out those who may need more help than the school is equipped to give.

But sometimes a child with serious psychological issues slips through.

The problem is, while the school has hired a number of staffers with some training dealing with troubled teens, it has no psychologist or mental health care professional to help with the more serious issues.

Other students at the school, usually admitted after their parents detected problems with truancy, drug use or other criminal behavior, are left to resolve their problems with a staff with no professional training in the mental health field. Some students are coming from abusive homes.

Academy Director John Fountain said he has been searching for a psychologist to hire on, and has even placed an ad in the newspaper, but has not been able to recruit one to the facility.

About 10 percent of the students who come to the school are ultimately referred elsewhere because they are deemed to have more problems than the school can handle, he said.

David Elkin, a child psychologist at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, said it's possible to function without a psychologist in these environments, but it's always better to have one around.

"Most facilities like this have input from a psychologist or a mental health care professional because you are dealing with very troubled youth," he said.

Fountain, 30, who said he had a strained relationship with his father, considered himself a troubled teen. He took over the school after battling a six-year drug and alcohol abuse problem.

Fountain, who studied air conditioning repair at a community college and worked offshore on oil rigs, said it's his experience that makes him most qualified to work with the young men.

The teenagers who come to the academy are often there because they have been rejected by a parent, a sentiment he can relate to, he said.

His parents provided well for him, but his father was always very tough.

"I had everything I wanted but that's not what I needed," he said.

His father, Herman Fountain, said the changes being made at the school are "none of my business."

And as for his son's characterization of their relationship, Herman Fountain had little to add.

"If that's what he feels, that's what he feels," he said.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2005, 06:40:00 AM »
Her parents don't want to sue!  The girl has given her parents hell on earth - they know she'll end up in prison someday.

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2005, 08:19:00 AM »
WDAM Home

Controversial Girls Home for Sale
 Email to a Friend  Printer Friendly Version    

The director of the troubled Bethel Girls Academy says he may move his operation somewhere else.

Herman Fountain Jr. has put the Bethel facility up for sale. He says because the school no longer has any residents it can't afford to stay open.

But Fountain says the academy may relocate to Hattiesburg or Lucedale.

Last month 11 girls fled the school, claiming they were victims of abuse by Fountain and other staff members. Bethel was temporarily shut down by the Department of Human Services pending the outcome of a state investigation.

The facility, along with 120 acres of land, has an asking price of $1.5 million.  

On Wednesday News Seven filed a public records request with the Mississippi Department of Health to learn the status or results of its investigation

Offline *Free_Now*

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »
On 2005-03-17 03:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Her parents don't want to sue!  The girl has given her parents hell on earth - they know she'll end up in prison someday."

well who are you to say she'll end up in prison someday, and i know her parents want to sue asswhipe. your to fucking chicken to use your name dickface. your probaly one of the fountions so dont make up lies cock sucker. and they are sueing now.