Author Topic: Morgan Y. building late night thought  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Capt. Marti

• View Profile
    • http://www.tampabayfishing.info
Morgan Y. building late night thought
« on: October 14, 2002, 10:16:00 AM »
Since there are many of us Morgan Y people on the board now. Wouldn't it be a telling if we could borrow that building for a day , make a video of a day in the life of the building , exactly what it was like and then had it to the press when they start saying we were druggies and needed the program. It would be great however , I know none of us would ever be able to reinact it. PTSD looms too much. But it was a thought. A picture is worth a thousand words it would certainly bring it home to all those who Dont get it yet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2002, 09:39:00 PM »
What was/is the Morgan Y. building?
usan Minns

Offline Marti

• View Profile
    • http://www.straightincorporated.com
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2002, 09:50:00 PM »
The Morgan Yacht building was the orginal straight building in St. Pete the one before they opened the building on Gandy Blvd. Old warhouse.

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2002, 09:52:00 PM »
ah ok I just never heard of it until now.. also never been to Florida. I have a boring life.. lol.. I live in Michigan and was never transferred to any of the other Straight facilities
usan Minns

Offline LIFE 82

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2002, 09:01:00 PM »
I agree with you.I think it is a DUTY to paint the real picture.Unfortunately,nobody cares.I have offered all of my time and resources to the cause of teaching about LIFE/Straight and even raising money.Nobody cares.It is too easy to haphazardly throw a site like this together and feel like its acomplishing something.When you offer to volunteer it falls on deaf ears. WHERE DO YOU GO TO SURRENDER?!?

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2002, 12:10:00 AM »
Hey Life 82, what's up? You sound like you might be a bit discouraged by what you are seeing and hearing here. You got to do what works for you. If other people seem not to care, then fuckem, you know? Jeez. I went into the gung-ho mode and helped get a reunion together here in Virginia. Since then, no calls, boring, seemingly dead movement, ignoring, fuckin with people, just plain bullshit. Where's the movers and shakers? Probably still lurking in the shadows. I guarantee if someone succeeds in getting Sembler and Co. to fork over some serious dough for our troubles, then there will be a lot of "Hey, I was there" people coming out of the woodwork. It would be nice if they would do this now, but it just aint happenin that way. Well, we shall see. It will take time. DOn't give up. I know you or I can't make people care, but they might be the wrong people to tell in the first place. One positive note, one of the Reunion attendees told me he was ready to kill himself one last time, after a couple unsuccesful attempts, then someone called him about this Reunion and he couldn't pass it up. After the event died down, he came over to me and thanked me for about 5 minutes about how knowing other people who were in the program cared enough this many years later to meet and talk about issues that we deal with in the present, as well as the past. Basically it saved his life, at least for the time being. This may be something to work on in your area. Try to get a meeting of surviving clients and just BS about life in general. Hope this helps, or whatever, I am dedicated activist in the Movement, I will not give up. BTW... I wish Clay and I could get along.... I miss his posts on the other site.  MG8

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2002, 09:21:00 AM »
I'm here in Orlando. I survived St. Pete, Would love to here from more of us to get something going on here. I think this is a great idea. A movement away from straight. This would be one of the best things in the world. I know some people here, but have gotten out of touch of most of the people. I am haunted like the rest of yall of bad dreams, scary ideas and am having a hard time fitting in the so called normal world. I get pissed off at people that never went through straight and have a hard time understanding what everything was about.