Author Topic: RMA to Close Doors Next Week?  (Read 5416 times)

Offline mudbone357

• View Profile
RMA to Close Doors Next Week?
« on: February 10, 2005, 11:49:00 PM »
Hi,
I am an RMA survivor from 1994 to 1996, and I just got a bizarre message from my mother, who has kept in touch with the educational consultant that told them to send me to RMA, and who told her earlier today that RMA will be closing on Tuesday, I believe.  Has anybody else heard anything about this?  I googled and found nothing.  Could this really be true?  If so, maybe some of us with recurring nightmares for ten or more years can finally get a decent nights sleep.  Maybe. :smile:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ever Again

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 01:42:00 AM »
It's a go!  DEAD! I piss on their grave.
The other rings of hell shall fall to the forces of justice and karma soon enough.

http://www.strugglingteens.com/news/cedu-rma-c
losure050210.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 01:43:00 AM »

Offline mudbone357

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 03:11:00 AM »
Wow, thanks for the links...
I can hardly believe it, just getting out of there seemed to be an impossible task, somehow tied up with the immutability of the cult of personality at the school.  I remember Ned Murray, that douche bag, and the worst of all John Aaron; I still sometimes have nightmares still about his raps, and I graduated almost 10 years ago.  God, 10 years ago, that sounds so unbeleivable now.  I don't know, maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic, wrapped up with an incredible sense of relief, I almost want to take the drive up to see it close.  It's not too far a drive from Portland...
If anyone else wants to talk about this, or about anything relating to time: your time at RMA, how strange time can seem when something like this happens; Heidegger talked about the quality of time when you could pick up a telephone and talk to somebody across the world time seems to be acting in such a different way, and this closing has that same strange feeling, like time just bent back 10 years in a heartbeat... or maybe it was Huserl, I can't remember.  Well, ding dong the witch it dead, that  mean old witch is dead.
ever Again

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 04:03:00 AM »
That's huge. 1 down, and only who knows how many to go. We can only hope north idaho, running springs, and the evergreen state are rid of cedu soon. I'm personally gonna go celebrate
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline If u want to know..then a

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 11:43:00 AM »
What I don't understand is how there are only 19 kids at RMA!  When I went to BCA there were so many more students at RMA!  Well, it does kind of suck for the kids who are being kept in the program!  They should be able to go home...

Offline iknowcedulies

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »
rma  may have been run by that dan earle  who is a molestor of boys bar none.   he was taught by the scum at cedu  who ran to cascasde when they got caught in  the act.   cascade shut down due to parent's discovering their boys being molested by allgood.  what a surprise!   after he put so much effort into attacking his victims .  kind of like oj and the shoes.  classic sociopath  .   you know mike line when the cops catch him   " at least i am not a murderer "    all you sheep  tell us why you belive the lies of michael allgood   and   be honest  because he never is

Offline Curious John

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »
Apparently even the "campus swap" with Northwest Academy this last summer did not help them succeed in their goal "to ensure the continued viability of RMA and to better serve our students.? Well, with the exception that everyone is better served with the place closing.

http://http://www.strugglingteens.com/archives/2004/7/jul04seennheard.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »
IT finally happened ::bigsmilebounce::  ::jawdrop::

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 06:55:00 PM »
Think for a moment. Rocky Mountain Academy really started going downhill when they railroaded Roy Phillips out. They didn't realize that he held the whole school together. And, he was the light in the darkness, giving meaning to the hearts of the therapists and the hearts of all of the kids being degraded and marginalized by the program and staff. As a psychologist, he explained to the kids how to survive the program by fooling moroni. The day after he left, he had a massive heart attack and almost died. He was my dearest friend, and what they did to him was horrific and I have not forgiven them. Maybe some day.

After working there for about 10 years, Roy was old and had plenty of money to retire. He kept doing work as a therapist there, because he really cared deeply for the kids - we would talk for hours about stratigies to save the kids sanity by telling them how to make their stay there bearable because we all knew the staff were idiots and easy to confuse.

I learned from him how to nurture the kids so they could fool staff idiots and mormons by standing tall, staying above water, and still getting what they wanted. He was their coach and mine too. He dressed as Santa on christmas and handed out candy. For every holiday he role played and laughed with the kids doing silly things to cheer them up - he was very successful and saved many from suicide and hospitalization imposed by that insidious program. A kinder soul I have never met.

What Happened to Roy:
He was called in and "asked" (ha) to run clinical services. Roy was not at a place in his life to handle the stress, being old and tired, and he told them that. They said Well, if you won't work in that capasity, then pack up your things. He did that day.

The stress of losing his beloved kids and experiencing the "dark side of the force" if you will, led to his a massive heart attack the next day. Thus, RMA was cursed. They threw an angel out of his job to die. Now RMA is going away. And so will all of the other schools unless they stop the false love and concern, stop their abuse of staff, therapists, and kids, and actually develop the kind of compassion love and high humanity exemplified by Roy Phillips. Tonight I am going to celibrate the closing of RMA with Roy's bold, kind, powerful heart in my thoughts and in my hands. I dedicated all of my posts to him - that his work will live on in me if he dies. He may already be dead. I have been unable to find him Here's' to the Honerable Roy Philips dead or alive - If dead or alive, he lives on in the masses of human beings he touched with his beautiful heart, mind, and soul. [ This Message was edited by: Roy on 2005-02-11 16:00 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2005, 09:18:00 PM »
Did Roy really have a heart attack? That man was the best staff RMA had,  going to my appointments with him was like an escape from hell.  He always gave me ideas and tips about how to bullshit my way through raps.  That poor man, I hope he's still alive and doing okay

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2005, 08:51:00 PM »
He did have a heart attack. Then bypass surgery with complications and a long recovery. He was everything  you said about him and more. I miss him. If you find him, post his name and town. Thank you for backing up my words.
Roy

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2005, 09:38:00 AM »
Can someone tell me if this is actually the same place LOCALE that RMA was in when it started. I know they changed names and campuses so I don't really know if this is the campus off of Route 1 just north of Bonners Ferry?
This campus that I think of was built just after CEDU in cali started raking in the bucks. Patrick Stambuski and a bunch of others were the first Peer Group at that place, They literally built the school...so we were told... JUst like HERE FOREVER. I will also be very pleased if it is the place that I too have nightmares about OFTEN still.
Mudbones, it's been over ten years for me too, it's not our fault the dreams linger. Pschology existed pretty successfully as a field before CEDU, and the dreams are relevant and important in illustrating how long lasting the impact of what we went through really is.

Is it My RMA that is closing permanently or just the place with the name????? I must know. thanks.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »
I believe the article referring to the closing of RMA mentioned that "Rocky Mountain Academy of Naples, Idaho will be closing". I think your RMA is still there - it's just simply called NWA. They closed what used to be NWA.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »
I don't know if he wants to hear from RMA types---maybe that's the past for him so I have not contacted him.

If you all know him better than I did and do contact him maybe you could post something or get him to post something indicating that he would like to hear from those who remember him fondly

I hear that he still keeps his Idaho psychology license current (so presumably is still active in the profession) and that his current Idaho registration (which probably is reciprocal to California) has him living in Yuba City California.

Don't have a phone or address for him--I do remember from a report that his name as Roy J. Phillips but obviously even with a listed number he could be listed as R. Phillips. R.J. Phillips, under his wife's name, whatever.

So if anyone finds out he wouldn't mind being contacted please say so.