Author Topic: The Seed-------Did Art Barker succeed?  (Read 42012 times)

Offline Thom

• View Profile
The Seed-------Did Art Barker succeed?
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2005, 11:58:00 PM »
On 2005-10-04 19:54:00, ChrisL wrote:

""you know Thom, you can 12 step your anger management problems as well.

Problem is, you get about the same percentage of success...zero."

Between the 2nd & 3rd year of my sobreity I found myself extremely angry, never really figured out why... just was. On the encouragement of my now x-wife I went to a BCSW & a Psychiatrist for about a year. I remember they both told me in different ways to move on, I did not want to hear it then, but I do remember I felt better... and then it seemed like in the 4th & 5th year I came to accept things as they were nothing more nothing less just what they were. It took me another 9 years to finally begin to make some changes & a Hurricane helped expidite the process alot...

But you know what? I am not angry, just thankful like we used to say, "every day above ground is a good day" & "I'd rather wake up with bad breath than no breath" anytime...

"
How about "why we sing Jingle Bells...because every day you're straight, it's like Christmas!!!" Hi Chris, wow, it seems like we were on about the same schedule there. Most of mine was over a divorce. It was right at 5 years to really accept it, and reach the point where I could honestly say I had moved on. I remember when in '91 an AA buddy suggested that it might take that long, and thinking there was no way I could survive that long with this pain! What I had no concept of back then was the fact that pain / anger diminish over time. (I wanted to be over it NOW!!)

Time is a healer. Not time alone, spiritual growth was crucial, but there was no short-cutting the time element.  Just having the hope of one day being free of it helped too. The old 'praying for those you harbor resentment toward' method really works!

Then I was ready to be open to the idea of another relationship. This time, I chose to let God bring my bride to me. My wife and I celebrated our 5th anniversary this year. She is a treasure. Please don't buy into Greg's diagnosis of me. He is only trying to stir up another hate debate  :smile:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Thom

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2005, 12:11:00 AM »
On 2005-10-04 17:30:00, GregFL wrote:

"

On 2005-10-04 15:13:00, Thom wrote:

"let me handle this one, guys Blah, Blah, typicalseedlingresponse Blah, stepcraft Yadda, Yadda, crystal ball Yadda, Blah, Blah, how do you know you would be deadinsainorinjail? Blah, Yadda, baggage smaggage Yadda, Yadda, Blah, you were never addicted to start with! Blah, Blah, Yadda,  art Barker nazi Yadda, Koreanmindcontrol Yadda, Blah, brainwashed Blah, Blah, brainwashed Yadda, torture young children Yadda, Yadda, wooden chairs 12 hours! Blah, Blah, define success! Blah, Yadda, Yadda, Yadda thankyousomuchforposting openforum Blah, Blah, Blah, yourexperienceisasvalidasours Yadda, Yadda, Yadda  :rofl:  :grin: "

So, you don't think I could be helped by Overheaters Anonymous? ...Oh well, at least you saved me a phone call. Thanks!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2005, 07:33:00 AM »
Hungry but too much cholesterol in your diet?

Try eggbeaters anonymous.  I hear their success rate is up to .001%.

A marked improvement!

:grin:

gregfl

Offline Thom

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2005, 07:39:00 AM »

On 2005-10-05 04:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hungry but too much cholesterol in your diet?

A marked improvement!

:smile:

Offline jgar

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2005, 08:43:00 AM »
:mad:  :mad:
Hey Chris

Back in 1992 I was living in Kendall, Florida when Hurricanne Andrew decided to roar into town. Kendall is about 25 miles North of Homstead, Florida where Andrew made Landfall.I tell you there were no atheists that dawn come around 5:30 that morning.

After seing what was lost and watching South Florida get level the amazing thing is some 13 years later it is just some distant memory of hardship but even more amazing is that there is hardly a trace left only 13 years after that devestating event. There was a bumper sticker back than that stated and was so very true. "I survived Hurricane Andrew but the recovery is going to kill me".

Speaking from exprience things do get a lot better. [ This Message was edited by: jgar on 2005-10-05 05:44 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2005, 09:43:00 AM »
On 2005-10-05 04:39:00, Thom wrote:

"

On 2005-10-05 04:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hungry but too much cholesterol in your diet?

A marked improvement!

:smile: "

Just had an executive checkup..was told to limit my intake of carb producing foods including eggs.

this was from a major hospital.  My guess is they don't really know. Anecedotal information would suggest that eating eggs is healthy, at least in a limited amount.

I know a bunch of egg eating old farts!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2005, 10:22:00 AM »
Dear Art,

Thanks for convincing my parents physchologists were all "full of shit" and warehousing me for all that time while people poked at me and screamed in my face and denied me basic human dignity like toilet privelidges. IT really helped me get in touch with other people living inside my brain and identify the voices.

I am now medicated and institutionalized, but I recite the 3 signs to my invisible friend every day, then we go seven stepping around the courtyard with Jesus and Hitler.

Your the best!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »
Hey, At least your not alone anymore :grin:

Offline SMiamiPimp

• View Profile
    • http://www.PimpsRUs
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »
"No one should abandon duties because he sees defects in them. Every action, every activity, is surrounded by defects as a fire is surrounded by smoke."

~ Krishna
from The Bhagavad Gita

Offline SMiamiPimp

• View Profile
    • http://www.PimpsRUs
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2005, 10:44:00 AM »
Thom,

Great effort to disguise lack of insight and capacity to take personal responsibility in your life with juvenile attempts at ridicule.

Thats cool if it works for you!

Upward and onward :smile:

Offline ChrisL

• View Profile
    • http://chrislewiscpa.com
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »
Thanks Thom, Greg & Jgar-
I decided (and it was a concious decision) when I lost my previous job (about 3 1/2 years back) that I needed to focus on the positive, avoid negative people, places & things, concentrate on kindness and work on my (short) temper.

I don't know if its working but feel better, and I seem to have a lot more friends. Thanks for the encouragement, Patience was never one of my strong points either. I agree with you to about giving daily thanks, for whatever you got... because there are always those less fortunate.

I came accross this pretty amazing link about some folks on the (relatively) ignored Gulf Coast. take a look it is pretty amazing, love you guys,  Chris

http://operationeden.blogspot.com/
hris Lewis
Seed 1973 -1975
AA 1991 -

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2005, 01:46:00 PM »
Amazing photos Chris...which one is you?

:grin:

A little joke..

When I see photos of that caliber it makes me a tad jealous. I am a photo-hobbiest but those photos drive home the difference between someone like me and an actual professional talented photog.

Offline Thom

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »
On 2005-10-05 07:44:00, SummerOf72 wrote:

"Thom,

Great effort to disguise lack of insight and capacity to take personal responsibility in your life with juvenile attempts at ridicule.

Thats cool if it works for you!

Upward and onward :smile:"

Thanks for the encouragement! Wow, all that and I thought I was only doing a fair Greg Warbis impersonation (I don't have all the lingo down, so had to use a lot of filler words). Does Krishna have any books on the importance of incorporating humor into one's life? If so, I would recommend placing them on the 'next read' list.

onward and upward  :smile:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »
You know Thom, I don't know how to say this nicely, so I will just say it.  You are a snide little dipshit that tries to use "humor" to degrade people.  You aren't funny, and rarely if ever do you make any point worth repeating.

Droll on.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »
Hey Chris, Great job getting your photo in the aviator section.

Sorry I couldn't help..but that sort of thing is Ginger's specialty.  Anyone else interested in something similar know you know it can be done!