Author Topic: Power is controlling access to resources  (Read 3081 times)

Offline mental torture made me li

• View Profile
Power is controlling access to resources
« on: February 06, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »
If you can think of more, please add.

The resources you DID NOT have free access to:
1. freedom of body, to move where or how you willed when you willed.  
2. Food
3. Water
4. Privacy of body
5. Privacy of communication, including your own writing.
6. Freedom to communicate with anyone you might want to talk to.
7. Freedom of time, to spend it how you wanted
8. Freedom of mind, to daydream when you wanted, to get some peace
9. Music
10. Personal decisions about ANYTHING, including the clothing you got to wear on any day, or how you wore the required barrettes in your hair.
11. sunshine (you were inside all day, rare outdoor ?exercise?.
12. outside information -- in addition to no freedom of communication, you could not even get information such as news, or other information carriers, like books.

Later you were permitted access to more and more of these, but it was still controlled access, because the resource could be taken away at any time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 01:52:00 PM »
Unmoderated access to my family.

I've thought about this a LOT. If I had been able to talk to my dad on a regular basis w/o program interferance, he never would have believed half the bullshit he believed about me. He knew better. When, exactly, did Miller Newton think I had been out doing a lot of coke? The reality is that if I wasn't in school or at home or one the way to and from, then I was at tennis practice or a game or band practice or working part time under my dad's supervision customising and repairing Hunter ceiling fans in our next door neighbor's showroom.

That black eye I got in TR? Allegedly for attacking someone? I hadn't been in a fight since I'd been 8 years old, and that had been over the kid calling my dad crazy. No way he would have supported the program and withdrawn support and affection from me if they hadn't controled access to my natural support net.

All thinking men are atheists.
--Ernest Hemingway, American author

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »
If you all were deprived food,and water, why is it that most newcomers GAINED weight on first phase?
  If you were really kept from food and water, you would have had a major weight loss to show for it.  I think most of you were just so use to eating anything and everything you wanted prior to the program, that having to eat only at mealtime, and only the food offered, that you now cry "deprivation".

Did you hear of the REAL abuse out of the Tampa area this week??  Teenagers weighing 36 lbs, having te toenails pulled out and shock treatments by adoptive parents.  Now THAT is horrific abuse.  Those "parents" need the SAME treatment, only more severe and for at least TRIPLE the amount of time they did these things to those kids.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »
The food was not that bad in Sarasota. It wasn't very healthful, though. We got a whole lot of fat and starch and very little protien and practically no vegetables. One of the rules, though, was that you had to eat everything given to you or be confronted for ingratitude.
So most of the girls gained fat, most of the boys lost weight. I remember a few boys who were actually starved because they were growing fast and were not given adequate food. And some kids were punished w/ PB&J diets. Sure, you'd get plenty of protien, vegetable fat and starch, but nothing else. After awhile every meal is a choice between hunger and punishment (for ingratitude) or eating something that literally is making you sick.

But generally, it wasn't about inadequate nutrition so much as total control. In the real world, I was a health nut. I ate yogurt, salads, whole wheat bread and healthful snacks and no more than one or two meat servings per day. I biked for at least 5 - 10 miles per day, jogged a mile or so and was involved in sports. I also did the cooking at home.

It was a real heartbreak for me to watch roughly 40 pounds build up on my 5'2" frame. And then to be confronted about it in group; asif we had any choice!

That's one rap I actually remember. I had a mad crush on Reagan F. And he was one of the boys who stood up to tell us how ugly we all were, how gross, and to point out which girls didn't even make them have "bad" thoughts.

So after I got out and had lost the weight and the acne and regained a bit of a tan, I looked him up. Unfortunately, he was dead by then.

A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows.
http://smack.accesscard.org/index/misc/atheist/' target='_new'>Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline mental torture made me li

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »
That story from Tampa is shocking.

My point in this thread is to talk about power and control, not deprivation per se, although that is a part of it.

But don't think daily inadequacies can't add up. A number of us came close to dying or being permanently injured due to lack of water, nutrition and access to medical care. Some of us were permanently physically injured.

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »
On 2005-02-06 11:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

"  If you all were deprived food,and water, why is it that most newcomers GAINED weight on first phase?

If you were really kept from food and water, you would have had a major weight loss to show for it.  I think most of you were just so use to eating anything and everything you wanted prior to the program, that having to eat only at mealtime, and only the food offered, that you now cry "deprivation".

Did you hear of the REAL abuse out of the Tampa area this week??  Teenagers weighing 36 lbs, having te toenails pulled out and shock treatments by adoptive parents.  Now THAT is horrific abuse.  Those "parents" need the SAME treatment, only more severe and for at least TRIPLE the amount of time they did these things to those kids."

First of all, Ginger says it best.

I can add too, that that we got fat because we were fed starchy shit, and we (at LIFE) had one day in which we were led in low - level calisthenics for one hour.  By low - level, I mean nothing that's going to burn any substantial amount of calories off, and no departure from the resting heart rate.

How do you think that affects the weight (if nothing ELSE) of a normally active teenager.  Now consider an athletic teenager.  What do you think?
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 10:22:00 PM »
Oh, and on the unmoderated access to family:

My mother did not have custody of me when she signed me into "The Program".  She lost custody of me two years beforehand.  A very long story short - had the person who had custody at the time known the real truth, the papers would never have been signed.  But I was specifically forbidden contact with that person by program "rules".

They signed the papers, but were not "approved" to be involved by program standards.

Now how's that for a mindfuck?
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 01:00:00 PM »
It was chosen what hair care products we could use. To this day I hate the smell of White Rain shampoo.

Not sure if sleep could be considered a resource, but I sure the hell was deprived of it. I felt as if I was losing my mind because I was so tired. I would get to school and fall asleep in class or find it extremly difficult to pay attention.

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »
Freedom of mind:
No thinking about copping out
No singing songs to yourself - rocking out
No thinking about the boys side
No daydreaming or getting in your head

This is in my opinion, the worst type of rules that we had. Giving control of our own thoughts---how could they really believe that would help us in life? I guess they were just gonna hope that nobody ever came along telling us they were the new "program" or whatever, that we had to do what they said now. Sitting ducks IMO.

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »
You all needed to have your mindless thoughts controlled. We couldn't have you addle-brained druggies avoiding yourselves by getting into your heads about sex and rock music. What part of the phrase "Tough Love" don't you understand? You weak-minded wimps needed to focus on your drug problems; it's that simple...
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »
Locked in an intake room I performed my workout; this could be an attack or basic PT. Funny how many sibling jr. staffers liked to visit while I worked out(stripped to underwear). I even wrote a bio for one fine babe. I was on the MBer policy so food was earned, but I usually got a 5 second gulp from the water fountain.

Str8 lesson 1: Never run away. Those fucks were always more afraid of me than I them. Attack or wait for death; it's a gift for the weak.

Str8 lesson 2: Always carry as much H2O as possible. I've seen folks brought back to life with gookinade and water. Jason

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »
I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but I was a sexual abuse (rape) victim when I went in and being strip searched as a 15 yo was unbearably humiliating.

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 02:43:00 PM »
I told the Dr? that I'd never had sex, so I was spared the spear. He's on the KHK website(still operating from the old Cinci Straight facility).
Heck, I'm just a mechanic, I work too damn hard to worry about these greedy fools. Har! Jason

Offline wesfager

• View Profile
    • http://www.thestraights.com
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2005, 02:49:00 PM »
Are you saying that the same doctor who worked for Straight-Cincy works for Kids-Cincy?  And if so which doctor is that and how can you prove he also worked for Straight.  

Who else remembers this doctor.

Wes
es Fager
www.thestraights.com

\"If David Miscaviage can go to his deposition as Admiral Farragut, then Keith Henson can go as Bozo the Clown.\"  Wes Fager

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2005, 03:18:00 PM »
The Dr. never harmed me; I was fortunate that a host Dad (VNvet) kept me fighting and fed while his son was a fucknut bitching about a car Dad couldn't afford. Those motherfuckers at Straight manipulated his kid to shame his Dad. I realized this and became his son. My resistance became pride for the family. When a misbehaver is asked to give a 12yr girl a hug, it is about trust. I will always remember Daddyrebus. Jason[ This Message was edited by: misbehaver on 2005-02-09 12:33 ]