Author Topic: Untitled  (Read 2741 times)

Offline mental torture made me li

• View Profile
Untitled
« on: February 04, 2005, 10:49:00 PM »
Everyone?s leaving because of the trolls. I?m not. No one is innocent of ever hurting anyone. To fight or not to fight, that is a difficult question for many former prisoners of Straight. To fight was to lose. To not fight was to lose as well. The feeling of a caged animal is left behind. How many years did it take to be able to sit in a room and not constantly think about the path from where I sat to the door? And whether I dared leave, for no good reason, what were the reasons not to leave (these were innocent post-Straight situations, like classrooms) such as would I offend somebody (make them mad, make them call me out), would I get a bad grade, or whatever other unreasonable fear. But I really wanted to get up and walk out. Sometimes I get that way just about sitting in a chair at home.

You know, I always wanted to walk out before Straight as well. That?s one reason why I got put in in the first place: I kept on cutting school. The obsession for being free also carried over into my decisions while in Straight. During my intake, I asked one girl how I could get out of there the fastest. She said ?just be honest.? I believed her, so I was honest, about my drug list and everything. Then you know how it was, trying to play it their way, it didn?t even matter. Someone always stood up to say ?you?re pushing out your tears.?  

That was some really harsh abuse in there. I forget about that. It was hard to even cry, for example, at a counselor?s office, for years after Straight. I really thought that when I cried they were looking at me to see if I was faking it, or that I was lying about whatever I was talking about. That is only one example.

But most of the time I don?t even feel sorry for myself. Most of the time since I was in Straight I have only hated myself for my weakness in there. This hate keeps me alone. Coming back to this board has helped because it has suggested other ways of looking at my choices in there.

The staff member who walked over while I was being restrained* and said I looked ridiculous (well I am lying on the floor with someone on each arm and leg and someone holding my head in a painful position and covering my mouth so I can?t scream, yes I suppose I do look ridiculous) ? I can either hate her or I can forgive her. Not knowing what forgive even means, I choose to hate her. I think that is better. Forgive is stuffing a sock in your mouth, be nice, sit up Straight, face forward. So fuck you.

What would I be ?forgiving?, anyway, just some image of her that floats in my mind. So hate that image, tell her to fuck off, get up, grab her hair and slam her head against the wall. ?You get the fuck away from me, junior staff scum.? It just is not normal to be caged the way we were, so that we could NEVER fight back, NEVER question, NEVER say to staff ?what the fuck? You are sending me to someone else?s house? I?m on second phase, I want to go to my own house!? Lined up like animals at auction, every night, standing in that godamn single file line with someone?s fist in your backbone, waiting to be released.

All of that rage is inside. It has come out when things get a certain way. Then I can see clearly. You fight me? I?ll fight you, and you will not win. Maybe it is just the dilemma that lives inside of me. I can?t not fight, or I will once again be the weak and caged animal.

Lying in a strange house, thinking about the bag of clothes, and the route to the front door. Or the maze of halls in an apartment building, or, in a car, the door handle.

I just want out. But I am afraid of what they did to Heather F.  I am afraid of being tackled and then brought back to the white room, the back of group. The most familiar place in the world.

So the answer is no, I do not forgive the people who did that to me.

*For the record, this is why I was ?restrained?: I refused to motivate, so the girls on either side of me grabbed my arms and ?motivated? them for me. I wanted them to get their hands off me so I tried to yank my arms away. Then I probably started yelling at them to get the fuck off me. I do not remember how I got from the chair to the floor behind group. Unacceptable: fighting BACK, talking out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
Untitled
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »
So let them leave...who gives a fuck? Bye  :wave:
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Untitled
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 11:44:00 AM »
SS you are one of the reasons people leave from here. You are such an asshole to people and yet you want EVERYONE to feel so impressed that you are such a big dope fiend. Go to stick a needle in your arm asshole.

Offline whiterabbit

• View Profile
Untitled
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 12:06:00 PM »
It was and is so much safer and easier to be angry. Anger is motivational. Active. Invulnerable. Not powerless.

So much of what they did made us feel powerless. It didn't matter if you cooperated or fought, were honest or dishonest, wanted to get straight or just wanted ot go home. We ultimately didn't have any choice or power in the matter. We could not know much less choose where we might live, when or if we would move, what or if we would eat or sleep. When I was there we didn't even have control over when  or where or IF we could use the bathroom.  They even tried to control our thoughts and then teach us through hours of rational self analysis and rational self counseling how to control our own thoughts. No bad thoughts allowed. I am my own thought police. I'd like to confess to the group tht I thought about my old druggie friend. I confess I turned my back on my newcomer for 5 seconds  while she was in the shower.

What kind of therapy drives people to feel powerless and helpless. What is the benefit? I'd love for Mr. Dr. Father Newton Cassian Mengela to have to justify their philosophy. More than seeing him dead, I'd like to see him on trial in front of the world explaining the benefit of Straight's methods to a jury of psychologists and therapists.

Mr Dr Father Miller Virgil Newton Cassian Mengela.....

STAND UP!!!!

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
--Denis Diderot, French encyclopedist

traight Incorporated is a disease

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Untitled
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »
On 2005-02-05 08:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"SS you are one of the reasons people leave from here. You are such an asshole to people and yet you want EVERYONE to feel so impressed that you are such a big dope fiend. Go to stick a needle in your arm asshole."

amen!  maybe ss should just stick a needle in his fucking jugler vain

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Untitled
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »
I'm sick of him telling people to commit suicide and tired of him being shitty to people just for expressing opinions.

SS you should stop trying to display your drug addiction like it's so much worse than everyone elses. Everyone here has been through some shit. You are no more special than anyone else here.

• View Profile
Untitled
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 02:09:00 PM »
On 2005-02-05 08:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"SS you are one of the reasons people leave from here. You are such an asshole to people and yet you want EVERYONE to feel so impressed that you are such a big dope fiend. Go to stick a needle in your arm asshole."

No way! I love when Scarstruck is mean. He is funny. up&down: really works, across: cry for help. Or whatever he said the other day.  :rofl:

I'm still laughing. :rofl:

Call me demented, I suppose I am. Thanks for your illuminating post, whiterabbit.

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
Untitled
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »

"

Hell no! Don't EVER forgive those assholes, and NEVER forget what they did.  It would make you less than human.  Despite what you may read here, it is much healthier, and more indicative of self-respect, to maintain hatred against them.  I preach the good hate against them, and will never forgive those sorry assholes.  

Hatred is the "first step" (pun intended) to healing.  Turning the other cheek didn't get Jesus anything but nailed to a stick.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
Untitled
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »
Most of you motherfuckers deserve everything you get..I want you to die...I pray for it...I wait..
  I dont give 2 fucks what you want, what you're tired of...you are nothing but shit waiting to rot into the ground..
  I am better than you...I fucking own you. :wave:  :wave:

Snakes,in southern flames.To bring the thunder, the great decider[ This Message was edited by: Scarstruck on 2005-02-07 10:55 ] [ This Message was edited by: Scarstruck on 2005-02-07 10:57 ]

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
Untitled
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »
On 2005-02-05 12:59:00, RTP2003 wrote:

"

"

Hell no! Don't EVER forgive those assholes, and NEVER forget what they did.  It would make you less than human.  Despite what you may read here, it is much healthier, and more indicative of self-respect, to maintain hatred against them.  I preach the good hate against them, and will never forgive those sorry assholes.  

Hatred is the "first step" (pun intended) to healing.  Turning the other cheek didn't get Jesus anything but nailed to a stick.
"

You are a smart individual... :tup:
One of few here...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Untitled
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »
Damn you didn'e OD yet? Now go stick that needle in your arm some more.

We hope you die as well. I haven't forgot how you told someone on here to kill himself when he was reaching out for help and said he had suicide thoughts.

You will be the one that pays SS.

P.S.

Hope you told your g/f to get tested for AIDS and hep you junkie fuck.

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
Untitled
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 05:07:00 PM »
Pietra, you've made me think of something I had forgotten about. I used to spend hours and days sitting in group, staring directly at whoever was speaking, looking interested, probably even motivating sometimes, but fantasizing about how I could have run away during my intake. I had been right next to the door for like 30 min with no one in between (until someone came in and got really pissed because I was next to the door -- another clue things were not going to go well) and that was one of my favorite obsessions. If only I had run out the door, down the hall, to the left, outside, then in the grass, and crawled through the grass for the enternity of grass that was outside, somehow getting away. No buildings pretty much anywhere outside. How much time did I spend thinking about crawling through the grass? And something else, when I got out of there and went back to school, I found that I kept staring right at the teacher, looking interested, but I kept realizing I didn't know what the hell she was talking about, hadn't been listening the whole time. Really made getting good grades hard.

As far as forgiving vs anger, I believe forced forgiveness is complete BS. If you can't forgive, you can't forgive. Forgive yourself first, you are not weak for what happened in straight. I worry about that too. I write in a diary/journal on a very regular basis. I have for the past 10 years. And I also know the reason is partly because it clears up my thoughts, and partly because I have this need to put my thoughts into writing on paper, so they feel more real. It's not really conscious, but I think I'm afraid of getting locked up again and getting brainwashed. What are the chances of that?

Offline Erinys

• View Profile
Untitled
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2005, 05:59:00 PM »
Hi Pietra,

You responded to my Why I'm Here. What your are posting doen't begin to approach what I've known but I'll give you a bit of what I remember about my dodge of the bullet:

I had the ticket, would be Leavin On A Jet Plane to sunny Fla.
Visited a pal down the street.  TV evening news was on ( I did not own a TV at the time)
Heard a phrase with a term I'd heard - Straight Progam.
It was the Fred Collins story.
Walking home in the growing dusk, thinking and thinking and thinking, skin prickling, jumping at no noise at all.
I was having an earworm (those jingles that  go off in the head and won't shut up)
It was Dancin Days by Led Zeppelin, but with a twist:

I got my flower,
I got my power,
Maybe there's something I know,

She say it's alright
She say it's alright
But it's not all in my head.
Don't make us lonely, oh she's so lonely.
Is that the way it would start?

I stood in the kitchen of my ratty college apt. the evening of the Monday I didn't show up at the Tampa airport.

"Just didn't make it, so sorry, But actually, I think I better stay here."

"For heaven's sake!  What do you think we are planning?"

"Just don't plan on me, OK?"

This was the beginning of a long silence between me and "home"

I still listen to voices in my head, too.

When he [Califano] claims that the voters of Arizona and California did not know what they were voting for when they supported the two initiatives, he reminds me of the way Serbia's President Slobodan Milosevic reacted to recent election results in that country.
-- George Soros -- Sunday, February 2 1997; Page C01 The Washington Post

• View Profile
Untitled
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »
thanks Erinys and JMA (Jane? Is that you with a new id?), and everyone else.

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
Untitled
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2005, 02:05:00 PM »
You're welcome and yes, that's me Jane.