Author Topic: A funny story I just remembered  (Read 2100 times)

Offline MarenD

• View Profile
A funny story I just remembered
« on: February 02, 2005, 03:05:00 AM »
Some of you may remember this. I was training Beckie Strange  on front post for C.O.D. and she had gone on a trip to I think Chunkies that same night and brought back some french fries. I was showing her how to make a COD check list and she asked if she was allowed to eat her fries on front post I told her yeah and kept working on the list. She had her french fries in the microwave and came back out to learn about the checklist while they were cooking. Then I remember saying do you smell something burning? But our heaters always smelled like burning hair so neither of us thought about it twice.  Just then Andy love Who was nightowl that night sprinted throught the dinning room and into the kitchen. Beckie and I were just watching and confused when he came running out of the kitchen with the microwave over his head and it was ON FIRE!  Jerome ran to open the front door and andy dove with the microwave into a huge pile of snow. Still just shocked and watching Andy slowly walked back into the house With an andry look on his face and looked at us. Then he said .....who put the metal bowl in the microwave?  Beckie was like oops. Then I think I laughed my ass off for awhile untill andy was all mad like TIGHTEN UP!  Then we had to call Jamal (overnight staff) just to let him know the microwave had blown the fuck up. Jamal is so awesome. He just stood out in the snow staring at this charred ass mirowave with his hand on his chin shaking his head. I think he then asked a question along the lines of "What the hell are you crazy people doing down here?" It was so funny but the best part was definately Andy the hero of the night running past us and out the door with a flaming microwave over his head.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline MarenD

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 04:09:00 AM »
Sorry just one more!  Anyone remember Jerome singing the fresh prine of bel air for his mmr with sunglasses on and back up dancers doing the running man? That was hilarious I think his back up dancers were Justin and I cant remember the other one, Maybe Ramone? Anyhow I wanted to pee my pants it was soooo funny,

Offline MarenD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 04:10:00 AM »
BTW Jerome where are you? If you ever come here e-mail me
[email protected]

Offline O.U.2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 05:35:00 PM »
I remember Peter Mayberduke did the same thing. He had put a wendys sandwich with the wrapper still on it in the microwave. :idea:  What he did not know is that the wrapper was made of foil on one side. The whole house was filled with smoke, alarms going off, and to make shit worse the whole house was evacuated until it was clear.
Of course staff turned it in to a whole different thing and he was shot down for awhile.
For like a week the house smelled like burnt pickles.
You feeling froggy Motherfucker?\"

Offline RaeRae

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »
Thank you so much!  I have been thinking on and off if we had a microwave when I was in elan.  I was gonna ask but I felt stupid starting a whole thread regarding if we did or didn't have a microwave.

Another funny Chunkies story is when Quinn and I went to see the movie "She's all that", and I remember Quinn ordered like 15 cups of coffee, and everytie the waitress came by Quinn would ask for more and say "coffee" in her boston accent.  I was pissed at the time, and remember getting my feelings off for her on Monday encounter groups, but thinking back on it seems real funny now (love ya Quinnster!) :wave:  
-Rachel

Offline MarenD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 04:51:00 AM »
Yes we did I think we had several, cuz people kept blowing them up. It was on top of the refidgerator.

Offline MarenD

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 04:35:00 AM »
I was in the group when Quinn got introuble for drink 85 gallons of coffee. I thought it was dumb. No one ever said we counlt get coffee. No that its bad on Rae for getting her feelings off. I think I said fuck you >>>>> to at least 200 ppl there. Grrrr   :evil: