Author Topic: new'comer' - who is Dean variation  (Read 3976 times)

Offline MikataoftheV

• View Profile
new'comer' - who is Dean variation
« on: October 08, 2002, 05:03:00 AM »
Hi, new to Fornit's Home. So does anyone here know this Miller Light other than through AARC? Like from his university or high school or home town.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2002, 08:01:00 PM »
YES, I know Dean Vause well and for many years.
I found this site when doing a search on AARC. There is an incredible amount of false information about Dean Vause in the messages on this list serv. Who are the ones that have posted the absolute crap I have seen. I suggest the person(s) who think they know who Dean Vause is and what his career and academic path have been AT LEAST get their facts straight before they make comments. They might do a LITTLE work by checking out
1) what the UNION Institute really is.
2) search the UMI database of all published PhD and Masters dissertations to get your fats straight about what exactly his grad work was!
3) what exactly did happen for and to Dean VAuse when he went down to New Jersey. You have not a clue what that was about - why he went there, what happened and how AARC evolved in Calgary. Miller Newton has never been on the Vauses' Xmas card list. Maybe his lawyer's for awhile but not his.

These are a few comments right now. I'll be happy to fill you in on the facts for the 3 points above.

BTW, in case someone, again, alleges that Dean would waste his time reading what a couple unhappy clients had to say here - I don't think he is even aware this site exists but if he did .  . . well really I know it not him to bother or lose sleep over with this. Some of his staff may have found this site but I jsut just hear his reaction to them telling him about it - he is very good with the hilarious retorts about people that have it out for him.

I have known him since high school. He is of the funniest, fun, ethical, genuine and hard-working people you could meet. He has always tried to make up for his *little guy*. His passion for helping adolescents has driven his career. One reason is because, i think it is part of his nature but another is likely because of the exploitation he experienced at the hands of adults with power over him when he was in his teens. I have always been very honored to have him as one of my good friends, he is a definite asset in any group of friends. If anything, he is the funniest guy I know. No one with his sense of humour could ever take themselves too seriously. So if you think by some warped reason that he thinks he is some kind of god. YOU REALLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS MADE OF. He is driven by passion for helping kids and their families and if along the way he has not given the right attention to some angry self-centered person, I think they need to just get over it!!!! and find another more positive attitude towards their life.

It is a known fact that when someone sticks their neck out and applies themself to help others there are always people who don't do anything but put down the person that does.

I think I'll come back and fill in some facts here so it is a little balanced since I see there has been a father that wrote in and tried to stick up for AARC!!

Jem
PhD, Health Poliy Research

Offline MikataoftheV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2002, 08:29:00 PM »
Oh K I think I'll take a look at those sites . . .

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2002, 09:11:00 PM »
So.....
Does Ph.D stand for "Piled Higher and Deeper?"  Does it really count for anything if one is not a certified psychologist in the Province of Alberta?  
Your rant would have more credibility if you could answer the question. Are his credentials recognised by the Alberta Psychologists Association?
What does ADAAC say about AARC?

Offline TheFACTS about DEANV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2002, 05:11:00 AM »
Sounds like you have done a PhD??? It is such an easy task isn't it, hmmmmmm

Have you looked at the doctoral dissertation Dean did. Maybe you can not see that it demonstrates comprehensive knowledge on adolescent addiction and treatment. That is what a PhD is about - intensive study, research about a specific topic in a general area. Five long years of reading absolutely everthing in the literature on it, investigating all current models for it and original contribution to the state of knowledge on it. Not to mention, in Dean's case, 12+ years in the field developing the AARC model while it was being constantly assessed by other highly recognized professionals in the area. As his committee chair said "he should finish his write up because he had already demonstrated the work of 4 doctoral dissertations.

2nd point - shows me I did not "rant" long enough because I missed pointing out another myth and the lunacy about his being or not being a registered psychologist. BTW, the fact is that he is recognized/registered psychologist. But you can GET registered with a lot less diligence (i.e persistance, exertion, assiduity) than completing all that is required to do a PhD and certainly everything he did to attain his. So, being registered is really a moot point in light of the PhD done in his case. But like I said, as someone that may have completed a PhD, you would understand that right?

Last, how is that what ADAAC thinks of AARC important in some way. They are not the experts in the field although you may have arbitarily assigned them that position. In any case, you are likely not aware that,
1) they have come running to Dean in the last year because their funding is now being challenged,
2)they just got their hands slapped, or worse than that - some people lost their jobs BECAUSE of the way they were withholding $$ from different agencies like AARC. This happened because some of these same people were or felt threatened by the fact that AARC was being strongly supported by social workers, cops and other agencies.

Is there some reason you are being MORE anonymous than the members in this forum or did you post thinking you were not logged on. That happened to me the first time I wrote to this forum??? For some reason I am not able to log on easily. I think is is because of the spaces in my ID?

BTW, I don't use the phrase "Piled Higher and Deeper" anymore. I liked that one the first time I heard it because I had to move twice to larger accomodations because of the books and articles that were accumulating during the graduate years. In the end the strain of doing a PhD effected my immune system so, I ended up with Permanent Health Damage. That acronym was stated/imported by a visiting Korean academic who was at the Health Research Agency I was in while doing my work.

Offline Infinity

• View Profile
    • http://chaoticidealism.livejournal.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2002, 01:36:00 PM »
PhDs mean nothing other than having been in school long enough to have gotten one. I'm not putting down people who have PhDs, because that takes a lot of persistence, but I've grown quite disillusioned with that title.

In my field (astronomy/cosmology) there are some extreme wackos (yes, that's a clinical term) who happen to have PhDs, and their degrees do little more than delude them into thinking that, because they have this advanced degree, their theories must somehow be correct. For example, I know one guy who iniststs the earth is flat, another who says we never went to the moon, and a third who says the earth used to be a black hole. I don't have a PhD or even a bachelor's degree yet, which is OK because I'm only 19, but I can say, just going from logic, that these people aren't any more right just because they stuck it out long enough to defend their dissertations. Fuzzy science (or psychology) can come from anyone. Problem is, nobody bothers to check out the people who have PhDs, because "Oh, they have this doctorate, they must be sooo much smarter than me! *bows down* I am not worthy..." Yeah, right.
size=9]It doesn\'t stop after high school...
The Student Voice[/size]

Offline TheFACTS about DEANV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2002, 05:00:00 PM »
Ya, ya ,ya so do I . . blah, blah blah, can anyone debate around here???????? Take a course in critical thinking from a Philosophy department, they help ya stay on track with the discussion.

God, I sm EVER grateful to have been able to go through the hell I have geeting an education, IT WAS ALL WORTH IT . . . I see that more clearly again after stopping by this forum.

Goodbye for good AARCSurvivors

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2002, 09:05:00 PM »
I'm glad that "Ism" went out to "geeting" and education. It's clearly paid off.

Offline BigJoshuaP

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2004, 02:36:00 AM »
On 2002-10-24 18:05:00, velvet2000 wrote:

"I'm glad that "Ism" went out to "geeting" and education. It's clearly paid off."
I'm glad that "Ism" went out to "geeting" and education; It's clearly paid off.<-correct

I think "TheFacts" knows her shit, I think the majority of you don't.
ou can bend the truth till it fits like a shoe, but your still lying.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 07:59:33 AM »
Not to mention, in Dean's case, 12+ years in the field developing the AARC model while it was being constantly assessed by other highly recognized professionals in the area.

Assessed by which other highly recognized professionals?

http://www.carbc.ca/ These people state there's been no outside studies or evaluations done on AARC, it's methods or success rate.

And they ARE recognized professionals!

myth and the lunacy about his being or not being a registered psychologist. BTW, the fact is that he is recognized/registered psychologist.

Really? Where? These folks don't seem to think so.

http://www.cap.ab.ca/frmPage.aspx?Page=Index

Call these people, I did.

Jem
PhD, Health Poliy Research

What is "Health Poliy Research"?

Who is Jem? Does this person exist?

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 12:31:21 PM »
It is indisputable that Vause was working for Miller Newton at Kids.  Kids has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt to have been a fraud.  Working for a cult-leader, in this case Newton, in a facility that has been proven in court on numerous occasions to be a scam, does not constitute research into youth addiction.  The Wiz is a reflexive liar, and there are no shortage of mooks willing to regurgitate the nonsense he has vomited into them.  
As for recognized professionals overseeing the Wiz?
That would be, I guess, Reverand Dr. Miller Newton aka Father Cassian, graduate of the Union Institute, who oversaw the Wizard's work and research at Kids.  Also, Audrey Olsen Faulkner of the Union Institute, Bonnie L. Kelly of the Union Institute, Michael Patton of the Union Institute, and Robert McAndrew of the Union Institute.
Vause also spouts an intriguing story now about working in Kamsack, Saskatchewan.  As Kamsack has a population of about 2000 or so, and no Adolescent Addictions research facility or psychology/pharmacology/psychiatry program, I'm not sure what that means.
His PhD was "vetted" by our favourite AARC founder and step-parent, RK Dookie, Doctor of Ministries.  
It has been reaffirmed a number of times over the years, as recently as this autumn, that the Wizard is not a registered psychologist.  That will not stop him nor the AARColytes from claiming that he is.  Facts are irrellevant when it comes to selling AARC.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 01:50:47 PM »
Haha Ya. So by your logic, Dean Vause worked at KIDS so he could learn to get sober. He must be working at AARC for the same reason. Good Work.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 02:08:46 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Haha Ya. So by your logic, Dean Vause worked at KIDS so he could learn to get sober. He must be working at AARC for the same reason. Good Work.

?
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 12:48:12 AM »

Vause worked at Kids to LEARN HOW TO GET SOBER?

If I were an alcoholic I would not be EMPLOYED at say, AADAC so I could fight my alcoholism.

If I understand this correctly, the AARC supporter is saying that Vause worked at Kids, figured out the mistakes and is now doing the same thing, only correctly?

Only problem with this is the isolation, humiliation, confrontation, troubled children guiding other troubled children, the removal from society and breaking down of identies, AARC way being the only way, IS the abusive part of the program!

The individuals who have posted their personal stories on this site proves AARC is no different.

I have heard nothing that would indicate there is any difference at all.

I really want a response to demonstrate what exactly is improved about the AARC model compared to Kids, Straight etc., that makes it safe, healthy and effective.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 02:06:04 AM »
Sometimes people research what doesn't work, and then make changes.

For example. I come here to see people criticize an organization that does nothing but good.

How can you supporters keep saying that when there are REAL people on this forum claiming the abuses that happened to them at AARC?

Are you just not listening? Or do you just don't WANT to hear what they are saying?

An organization that does nothing but good?

These people are telling you it was something OTHER THAN GOOD!

Your refusal to acknowledge their experiences doesn't mean it DIDN"T HAPPEN.