Author Topic: G.T. Now  (Read 51070 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #450 on: February 03, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »
Here is another groundbreaking revelation for you...PEOPLE are responsible for their criminal activity, and blaming it on a substance or "disease" of substance abuse is weak and tired.

Keep trying, you may eventually hit on something  that makes sense."
[/quote]

Awwww... I LIKE what you said -- "PEOPLE are responsible for their activity, etc."  BLAMING the program experience for your sorry attitudes and failures goes RIGHT along with that!!  YOU are responsible for YOUR actions and Attitude!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #451 on: February 03, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »

Awwww... I LIKE what you said -- "PEOPLE are responsible for their activity, etc."  BLAMING the program experience for your sorry attitudes and failures goes RIGHT along with that!!  YOU are responsible for YOUR actions and Attitude!"

And you are absolutely spot on correct, if I was doing that..using my program experience 30 years ago to wallow in failure and misery, I would be really pathetic. I am not. I am a grown man now, and what happened happened to me when I was a child. I have overcome the negativity and restored my family relationships.

But hey, thanks for caring!

:grin:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #452 on: February 03, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »
Hey, about that bottle of scotch....

whenever your ready. Got a real nice 18 year old single malt...

:grin:

Offline jjpinks

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #453 on: February 03, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »
Give me a bottle of Cuervo 1800 anyday! I guess that I too am still diseased after all these years..... :wink:
quot;Of course life is bizarre, the more bizarre it gets, the more interesting it is. The only way to approach it is to make yourself some popcorn and enjoy the show.\"

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don\'t always agree with them. - George Bush

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #454 on: February 03, 2005, 01:23:00 PM »
On 2005-02-03 10:20:00, jjpinks wrote:

"Give me a bottle of Cuervo 1800 anyday! I guess that I too am still diseased after all these years..... :wink: "

There are some DAMN good tequilas you can get in south america for like, 5 bucks a bottle.

Thank GOD(you know, the invisible rock eating one on mars) I am not powerless over this stuff.

YUMMY!

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #455 on: February 03, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »
On 2005-02-03 09:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"  No big deal if people smoke pot a little...

Son kills mother after she flushes his pot :

http://www.local6.com/news/4156176/detail.html

"

I think you may have seen "Reefer Madness" one too many times :rofl:

As men's prayers are a disease of the will, so are their creeds a disease of the intellect.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, poet, philosopher

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #456 on: February 03, 2005, 01:52:00 PM »

On 2005-02-03 10:00:00, GregFL wrote:

"Here, from your link...another story.

http://www.local6.com/news/4156176/detail.html

City Worker Accused Of Planting Mailbox Bomb

"Andrews, who works for the public works department, was apparently angry with former co-worker Patrick Casey for leaving a mousetrap and a shotgun shell in his water meter box for Andrews to find, according to a police report."

DAMN, THOSE MOUSETRAPS CAUSE ALL SORTS OF ABHERRENT BEHAVIOR!

:scared:

What are the symptoms?  Is there anything special that I should be looking out for?  If I find there is a problem, what should I do??
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #457 on: February 03, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »

Awwww... I LIKE what you said -- "PEOPLE are responsible for their activity, etc."  BLAMING the program experience for your sorry attitudes and failures goes RIGHT along with that!!  YOU are responsible for YOUR actions and Attitude!"

More questions for ya:

1.  What's so sorry about our attitudes
2.  What failures can we attribute to these alleged "sorry attitudes"?

Of course, I know I'm probably wasting some finger energy here - you haven't really answered any of the other questions.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #458 on: February 03, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »
On 2005-02-03 10:52:00, ~-=Sara=-~ wrote:

What are the symptoms?  Is there anything special that I should be looking out for?  If I find there is a problem, what should I do??
"

Well, Sara, it involves a highly specialized Treatment for the mousetrap disease. I can't tell you everything, but I can tell you zippetydodah and up up with people are part of the cure for this henious affliction.

So is holding your urine.

:rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #459 on: February 03, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »
On 2005-02-03 10:45:00, Cayo Hueso wrote:

"

Thats it. I can't laugh all day today like I did yesterday...Im logging off and going home to work on my house.

It all your fault Cayhueso!

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #460 on: February 03, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »
On 2005-02-03 11:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

Thats it. I can't laugh all day today like I did yesterday...Im logging off and going home to work on my house.

"

YEAH!  That, and my monitor can't take any more coffee!

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #461 on: February 03, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »
On 2005-02-03 11:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

"

Thank you,  I'll be here all next week.  Please don't forget to tip your waitress!! :wave:  :lol:  :lol:

Of all the enemies to public liberty, war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other.
--James Madison

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline jjpinks

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #462 on: February 03, 2005, 02:46:00 PM »

YEAH!  That, and my monitor can't take any more coffee!
"

Or tea (in my case!) LMAO
quot;Of course life is bizarre, the more bizarre it gets, the more interesting it is. The only way to approach it is to make yourself some popcorn and enjoy the show.\"

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don\'t always agree with them. - George Bush

Offline DC

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #463 on: February 03, 2005, 03:05:00 PM »
First of all, that was not me that posted as "anonymous" today.  You must agree that I cannot be the only one who disagrees with you.  I am here to respond to questions raised by "jjpinks".  Sorry, but i don't know how to use the quote system, so I copied and pasted the questions:

On 2005-02-01 12:50:00, jjpinks wrote:

"I just have couple of questions (and I know that there are a few that may have already been asked, but I am sure that they haven't been answered by you yet)

1. Do you really, in the depths of your gut, believe that teenagers singing childrens songs is helping them become productive adults and helping them to get over whatever "addictions" that you think that they may have

2. Do you think that not having any contact with their families helps bring the kids closer to their parents  

3. Don't you think that maybe the reason for alot of your daughters problems stem from you being a "victimized addict with a disease" (your words, not mine)  

I am not trying to attack you, I am just really interested in hearing your answers. "

You never answered these questions for me DC.

I would love to hear your response.

Thanx!
N

I am not trying to attack you, I am just really interested in hearing your answers. "

You never answered these questions for me DC.

I would love to hear your response.

Thanx!
N

The answer to question #1 is no, I do not believe that singing children songs benefits nor harms the kids in any way.  The only value I can see that may come from it is that it may reintroduce them to the wholesomness of childhood.

The answer to question #2 is that in the beginning, yes, I think that in the beginning, once a kid goes to GT, the parents are upset and the child is upset.  That removing a kid from close contact with their family may help, as long as it is for a short period.  Do I believe that long extended periods of time is good for family & child, the answer is no.  This is not my experience.  My daughter made 2nd phase in a month.  Did I miss her, yes I did.  My daughter was never beligerent, never threw fits, but she did steal money, stay out all night, steal from her friends, get raped by a supposed friend and used many different and dangerous drugs, etc...   By the time we decided on GT, she knew that she needed help.  She had been in AA and had a sponsor for a year before her relapse.

The answer to number 3 is that I don't remember using those words.  I don't think I ever called myself "victimized". If I did, then I would like you to show me.  If I did, then you probably took them out of context.  What I do believe is that alcoholism is a disease (don't everyone laugh).  I am entitled to my belief.  It is shared by many professionals, and I don't think it neccessarily means that they are all in it for the money.  This industry is abused just like all other industries.  Saying that, I also think it can be inheritated.  While many times it manifests itself not with the use of alcohol or drugs it can be food, sex etc...  I think my daughter was predisposed genetically.

I hope these answers satisfy you.  I have been honest to the bone as to how I feel and what I think.  Gt has not harmed my child in any way.  She is on an upper phase now and I speak to her about these issues all the time.  Whether or not they have harmed others, I don't know, maybe.  But I can tell you this, there is NO physical abuse going on there.  I seriously doubt that there is any abuse going on at all.  I think that with the past investigations and other things that may or may not have happened that this program has been cleaned up.  Do they use questionable tactics?  Yes.  Are they illegal?  No.  I am very satisfied with my daughter's progress.  Sorry you don't believe the way I do, but thats ok.  I was too harsh in my initial posts and probably came across as combative.  But I also didn't deserve alot of the harshness that was thrown at me.  I guess there are two sides to every story and sometimes it is frustrating to try and articulate them by pen, especially when trying to work at the same time.  I am willing to forgive and forget, hopefully you all will feel the same.
f I wan\'t an alcoholic, I would drink every day!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
G.T. Now
« Reply #464 on: February 03, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »
Well of course your daughter is not going to be honest about the mental abuse and torture while in the program! She may with good reason be fearful of the consequenses that await her for doing so! You have no clue what it's like to be locked away lady. You are just as brainwashed as the staff.