Author Topic: getting abused at the whitmore  (Read 19445 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
getting abused at the whitmore
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2005, 07:07:00 PM »
On 2005-06-16 15:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"ginger i know its hard for you to understand but chris was so different as a child and will probably not like me posting this.  He was what most people would call a computer geek writing programs at age 8, he went to a very spiritfilled church and didnt even have a girlfriend till he went away to prep school. he left a kid with short hair who went on all his church trips and was great friends with his pastor tj then i get this call from his prep school, i would have bet in a million years he would have never done drugs, there are no words for how shocked i was. In my day all of the information was pot was the gateway to the really hard stuff i have never tried drugs, smoked and i dont drink and i didnt in my teen years at christophers age i wanted to go on a missions trip in mexico and the only person i knew on drugs ruined his life totally.  I wanted to protect chris so that he would be able to make his dreams come true and live a happy life. I was afraid that he would go down a path that could lead to death and i wanted to protect him and i wasnt the person to try and help him because i have zero understanding of why anyone would do drugs.  As for it being considered normal teenage behavior that was not my reality none of my friends kids were going that route or at least they didnt say so. Yesterday chris saw batman and there isnt a day in his life i dont support him but i dont want him to make decisions that could ruin his life .  We talk everyday and i have never turned my back on him andi have the right not to support what i think is wrong but in the end he will decide what becomes of his life."

Well, you picked a great place to send him.  A place filled with kids with alcohol and drug problems and very little supervision.  Good choice lady.  He probably learned more about drugs there than he would have had you left him where he was.  From my experience, kids will "experiment" with drugs like marijuana or alcohol or cigarets.  Doesn't mean they are hardened criminals that need to be put in some place like Whitmore.  Most kids that have functional families will get pretty much back on the right track.  It's the very, very FEW that follow that goody-two-shows path in their teens.
Reality check, Mary.  You seem to live in a steril bubble.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »
On 2005-06-16 16:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-06-16 15:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"ginger i know its hard for you to understand but chris was so different as a child and will probably not like me posting this.  He was what most people would call a computer geek writing programs at age 8, he went to a very spiritfilled church and didnt even have a girlfriend till he went away to prep school. he left a kid with short hair who went on all his church trips and was great friends with his pastor tj then i get this call from his prep school, i would have bet in a million years he would have never done drugs, there are no words for how shocked i was. In my day all of the information was pot was the gateway to the really hard stuff i have never tried drugs, smoked and i dont drink and i didnt in my teen years at christophers age i wanted to go on a missions trip in mexico and the only person i knew on drugs ruined his life totally.  I wanted to protect chris so that he would be able to make his dreams come true and live a happy life. I was afraid that he would go down a path that could lead to death and i wanted to protect him and i wasnt the person to try and help him because i have zero understanding of why anyone would do drugs.  As for it being considered normal teenage behavior that was not my reality none of my friends kids were going that route or at least they didnt say so. Yesterday chris saw batman and there isnt a day in his life i dont support him but i dont want him to make decisions that could ruin his life .  We talk everyday and i have never turned my back on him andi have the right not to support what i think is wrong but in the end he will decide what becomes of his life."

Well, you picked a great place to send him.  A place filled with kids with alcohol and drug problems and very little supervision.  Good choice lady.  He probably learned more about drugs there than he would have had you left him where he was.  From my experience, kids will "experiment" with drugs like marijuana or alcohol or cigarets.  Doesn't mean they are hardened criminals that need to be put in some place like Whitmore.  Most kids that have functional families will get pretty much back on the right track.  It's the very, very FEW that follow that goody-two-shows path in their teens.

Reality check, Mary.  You seem to live in a steril bubble."

Yep, I totally agree Ginger.

What Mary (and many other parents) don't seem to understand is that putting their child in a "controlled environment" like Whitmore, WWASPS, CEDU, won't cure their child of adolescence.  It will simply coerce them into "loving" the program as a means of survival and/or a condition of reclaiming their freedom and of course, their parent's love and respect.

Most teenagers can and do navigate safely through adolescence WITHOUT being locked up in a private, money-making institution.

That's a fact ... no matter what the ed cons, program referral agents or other parents tell you.

Just because you CAN afford to keep your child under lock and key doesn't make it right.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2005, 07:32:00 PM »
yes he is a medical doctor and ivy ridge was where he was given advice to send him. Remember we checked it out rave reviews from so many ex students.  They were probably paid actors because that place is dangerous and should be shut down.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2005, 07:48:00 PM »
On 2005-06-16 16:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"yes he is a medical doctor and ivy ridge was where he was given advice to send him. Remember we checked it out rave reviews from so many ex students.  They were probably paid actors because that place is dangerous and should be shut down."

So how in the world did you get referred to Whitmore?

That's just ironic as heck!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2005, 08:04:00 PM »
Mary, why should Ivy Ridge be shut down?
NOT one person at that school has been CHARGED with ANY CHILD ABUSE...not one person!

YOU KNOW nothing first hand about IVY RIDGE.

IF we parents are not allowed, IN YOUR OPINION,
you believe our children's self-reports of abuse at Whitmore, then just WHERE are you getting your information about IVY RIDGE? Why should anyone listen or believe ONE WORD you have in criticism of IVY RIDGE?

Cheryl Sudweeks HAS been CHARGED with child abuse, YET--you support Whitmore.

JUST where does your logic come from?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2005, 08:04:00 PM »
a student that was at whitmore told me to get chris out of ivy ridge and send him there.  I got chris out the same day.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2005, 08:07:00 PM »
On 2005-06-16 17:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"a student that was at whitmore told me to get chris out of ivy ridge and send him there.  I got chris out the same day."

Was this student that told you to get Chris out of Ivy Ridge also at Ivy Ridge?  How did he/she end up at Whitmore?

WHY WHITMORE?????  Of all the programs you could have chosen???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »
NO paid actors at Whitmore giving rave reviews of how great Whitmore is????

You need a great big OLE Reality check woman!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »
well my son was at ivy ridge and he lost a horrible amount of weight there were bruises on his back he had horrible rashes on his body from being forced to lie face down with his arms and feet up if he tried to get up he was hit in the back.  He said the other things were to horrible to talk about.  I saw him and took him to the dr to recover from there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »
i didnt have to go on my sons word he was in such bad shape i had to take him to a dr. The physical abuse was evident every where front and back and by the way he still states today he was never touched by the whitmore

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »
MY--Perhaps you should compare horror stories with Joey's father about Joey's abuse and his injuries when he saw his son right after Joey ran to the police after he was so severely abuse at the Whitmore. You and Joey's parents seem to have a lot in common. That is so sad. You and Joey's parents could comfort each other as you relive these horrible nightmares or your son's abuse--YOURS at Ivy Ridge....and Joey's at Whitmore.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2005, 08:52:00 PM »
Mary, you should also get Chris to tell you his eye witness account of Joey's abuse at Lake Powell. Chris's account of it is just heart-breaking the way he recounts the details and the injuries Joey suffered. We were horrified by Chris's account of these abuses against this boy, and shocked that Chris said Cheryl Sudweeks instructed the kids to mistreat Joey in such an inhumane, criminal manner.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2005, 08:57:00 PM »
On 2005-06-16 17:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"i didnt have to go on my sons word he was in such bad shape i had to take him to a dr. The physical abuse was evident every where front and back and by the way he still states today he was never touched by the whitmore"

No doubt, the Whit is a different kind of program than WWASP. I keep trying to get you guys to read up on The Seed. I think it's quite similar. It's not so much of a rough and tumble, pepper spray and hog tying kind of abuse. It's more mental and emotional.

In that sort of environment, there are bound to be some over-the-top incidents of physical abuse. It's just part of the pack-dog mentality that goes along w/ an authoritarian group.

Just my opinion, of course. But I think it's worth considering.

so long as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a creator. But if the universe is completely self-contained, having no boundary or edge, it would neither be created nor destroyed it would simply be. What place, then, for a creator?
--stephen Hawking, English scientist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2005, 09:01:00 PM »
On 2005-06-16 17:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Mary, why should Ivy Ridge be shut down?

NOT one person at that school has been CHARGED with ANY CHILD ABUSE...not one person!

You are absolutely misinformed here. None have been convicted (that I know of). But there certainly are some serious charges against Pepper Spray Jay!

Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die
-- Malachy McCourt

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »
Arrrggghhhh! You guys, you're missing the obvious here! You don't have to go imagining up paid actors. Just look in the damned mirror! The people you spoke to about AIR probably sound just like you do when speaking of the Whit. Blind faith, is all it takes. Far cheaper to farm a little of that than to pay scale to guild members.

You know, too many weirdos out there. At least with you people I know WHY you are weird!!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Straight_Inc_Alumni/' target='_new'>Kady